My First Tune: '07 BMW Concept 1 tii

United States
Las Vegas
brtnsnwbrdr
Go easy on me everyone. I know nothing about tuning. I would like to learn more tho. Just don't get how things work, even after reading some of the guides. I started with a basic tune provided by Motor City Hami from GT5. That was not bad, but I felt like it had a bit too much understeer. Then I used the '07 BMW Concept 1 tii tune from Chunkee_Monkey on the GT6 tunes. Liked it a little more, but it felt a little airy. Back end felt really light and I caught some air on a few tracks. So I kinda merged both tunes and came up with this. Tuned with a DS3, ABS 1, no other aids.

Max upgrades on everything, except exhaust (Sports),turbo (level 2) and transmission (stock). Oil change. Sports soft ties. Should be 570 PP, 570 HP, 1,221 kg.

Ride Height: 70/70
Springs: 8.87/12.79
Dampers Comp: 7/5
Dampers Extend: 6/7
ARB: 5/5
Camber: 1.0/1.2
Toe: -.10/+.13
Brakes: 5/5
LSD: 7/10/6

Any feedback would be appreciated. And any criticisms are ok too. Just go easy on me. Like I said, I know nothing about tuning and this is my first one.

Thanks.

Final Update: Finally think I nailed it. Fine tuned with SH tires. Works well with SH, SM, and SS tires and my heavy fingers. I'm going to start a new thread with some more tunes. Feel free to check it out.

Last edited:
Go easy on me everyone. I know nothing about tuning. I would like to learn more tho. Just don't get how things work, even after reading some of the guides. I started with a basic tune provided by Motor City Hami from GT5. That was not bad, but I felt like it had a bit too much understeer. Then I used the '07 BMW Concept 1 tii tune from Chunkee_Monkey on the GT6 tunes. Liked it a little more, but it felt a little airy. Back end felt really light and I caught some air on a few tracks. So I kinda merged both tunes and came up with this. Tuned with a DS3, ABS 1, not sure if any other aids. I'm heavy on the gas button so I think I have SRF on. I'll be getting a DFGT soon tho so I can turn off the aids.

Max upgrades on everything, except exhaust (Sports) and turbo (level 2). Should be 563 PP, 552 HP, 1,221 kg.

Ride Height: 70/70
Springs: 6.00/9.50
Dampers Comp: 4/4
Dampers Extend: 4/4
ARB: 4/4
Camber: 1.0/1.0
Toe: -.10/+.10
Brakes: 4/4
LSD: 10/10/10

To me, this made it feel glued to the ground for the most part, but still able to swing the tail around if you're heavy on the gas.

Any feedback would be appreciated. And any criticisms are ok too. Just go easy on me. Like I said, I know nothing about tuning and this is my first one.

Thanks.

Not had a chance to have a go in this yet. I use the fanatec wheel so am unsure how that translates to pad users. Your doing the right thing by trying multiple tunes to extract what feels right for you and tweak what feels wrong.
I'd look at camber, there seems to be a few mentions about highest grip being at 0 0, PD not got this right, I add a bit of camber as a short cut to either reduce the grip slightly at the front or help with the back rotating, not sure on what others use the GT6 camber settings for.
I noticed you may have used SRF due to being a bit heavy on the gas, similar here with the gas pedal but I tweak the gears and diff to help in that area as I don't want to use SRF and I think most people shy away from using it unless it's a must in PD's TT's. It gives a false impression on how stable your car actually is.
If I get chance I will give it a blast and see how it goes,

cheers Bee9

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I haven't even attempted to play with the transmission. Mostly because I'm scared it's going to have that high jet engine whine from GT5 when you put the customizable tranny on. It's bad enough a lot of the engines sound like vacuums as it is. I'm open to suggestions for tunes that allow me to turn off SRF, but still run heavy on the gas.

Thanks for the input. I haven't even attempted to play with the transmission. Mostly because I'm scared it's going to have that high jet engine whine from GT5 when you put the customizable tranny on. It's bad enough a lot of the engines sound like vacuums as it is. I'm open to suggestions for tunes that allow me to turn off SRF, but still run heavy on the gas.
I'm a ds3 user and I've found that reducing LSD settings helps with snap oversteer from a heavy throttle finger. I use many tunes posted here, but I also tune quite a bit myself. I realize there are many LSD theories but what works for me is finding the right LSD settings that allow me to mash the throttle on apex exit. This usually means reducing initial torque and accel sensitivity. Once those settings are in place I then see how the LSD affects the car at high speed and on sweepers and adjust accordingly, usually requiring a fine tune of the accel and decel settings. Once my LSD is dialed in I address anymore on-throttle stability issues with suspension tuning. All this allows me to run safe tunes that are comfortable for me without any aides on.

@brtnsnwbrdr I agree with XS about LSD. It can make a huge difference especially if you have a heavy throttle thumb. LSD accel is the most important to get exactly right. Put really hard tires on your tune then go out and mash the gas. If inside tire breaks loose first, increase LSD accel. If outside breaks loose first, reduce LSD accel. On your BMW I would try LSD accel at 11 or 12.

I also noticed that your settings are pretty even, front and back. The only place you wandered from the evenness was spring rate. Maybe play with some splits in other areas to fine tune?

Happy to see so many people posting tunes in GT6. Very encouraging.

XS - Thanks for the LSD tip. I turned off all aids except ABS 1, and have been playing with the LSD. Lowering it did help a lot.

Hami - I've been reading your tuning guides for beginners for GT5, and it's been very helpful. Do those tips apply here? Or have the physics changed from game to game? Also, what is the best track to tune on?

XS - Thanks for the LSD tip. I turned off all aids except ABS 1, and have been playing with the LSD. Lowering it did help a lot.

Hami - I've been reading your tuning guides for beginners for GT5, and it's been very helpful. Do those tips apply here? Or have the physics changed from game to game? Also, what is the best track to tune on?

The GT6 driving physics have changed for the better. The GT6 tuning physics remain incomplete. I am finding that camber at zero has the most grip. LSD is pretty close to the same, though I am using higher decel numbers than I did in GT5. Ride height seems to work (don't slam the car on bumpy or hilly tracks) but front/rear split only seems to have small understeer/oversteer effect. Springs and ARB also seem more real world normal, but should be stronger in my opinion. If I were to use super hard front springs and super soft rear springs in real life, the car would push badly. Do the opposite and it would spin out in every turn. Same with ARB, but in GT6 these only change the handling at modest levels. Dampers, I admit that I have not found the sweet spot yet.

As for track choice, there is not one best track. Pick something you like where you can run consistent laps. In GT5 I used Grand Valley East Reverse. In GT6 I am liking Ascari and Silverstone.

Update: Turned off all aids except ABS 1. Used some tips from XS and Hami. I like how it feels in terms of braking, cornering, and bumps in the road, but I still can't manage the throttle. When I do break loose, I get even wheel spin. My problem now is it feels like even the slightest bit of gas will spin the tires. Any tips on how I can get the tires to take a little more gas without spinning?
Have you tweaked the transmission at all? Spread out your lower gears a bit until it feels comfortable.

Have you tweaked the transmission at all? Spread out your lower gears a bit until it feels comfortable.

Like I said to XS, that's my last resort. I don't like the sound the race tranny makes. I may have to try it if I can't get it with the other settings tho. We shall see.

Back