My Ford GT Test Car Setup

• Thread starter Earth
  • 8 comments
GTP_Royalton
These general settings will work with the normal Ford GT as well. They are the same cars the only difference is the Test car is much lighter with a wing for a small amount of downforce.

The default setup for both of the Ford GTs is driveable, but in no means is fast due to the great difficulty in controlling them. In order for a car to be fast throughout a race the handling must be comfortable for the driver.

For Suzuka

Because of the short straights on this track you need to only shift as high as fifth gear. Use 3rd gear through the esses

414 HP -33
1153kgs 99

Tires:
R3 / R3

Downforce:
18 / 33

Ride Height:
-15 / -15

Spring Rate
5 / 5

Damper

7 / 7

Toe:

+0.05 / -0.05

Camber:

0.5 / 0.3

Brakes:

5 / 5

Max Turn Angle

TCS:

Off

ABS:

Set Final Drive To:

First Gear:

Second Gear:

Third Gear:

Fourth Gear:

Fifth Gear:

Sixth Gear:

For Daytona Oval

This setup should allow you to take all 4 corners between 179-184 mph with a max speed of about 193 on the straights.

438 HP -27
1269kgs 109

Tires:
R3 / R3

Downforce:
20 / 35

Ride Height:
-10 / -10

Spring Rate
5 / 5

Damper

6 / 6

Toe:

+0.00 / -0.00

Camber:

0.5 / 0.3

Brakes:

5 / 5

Max Turn Angle

TCS:

Off

ABS:

Set Final Drive To:

First Gear:

Second Gear:

Third Gear:

Fourth Gear:

Fifth Gear:

Sixth Gear:

Fuji

High Speed Ring

London

Hey the one at Daytona I was wondering if you ever ran more camber and Positive toe on the left and negative toe on the right? That will make it turn better. At least thats what I run and I go just as fast. I guess you are testing?

@Earth:

Tried your suzuka setup, its probably just me because it was my first time running the car but its a handful (99% sure its bad driving on my part)

Oh its a handful man. I have a simular setup myself for that track in that car. It is probably the fastest car you can take there at 750PP, but you have peddle/feather the throttle every turn, and reduce the throttle is little bit in some corners.

Dispite the massive oversteer, it is a very good car to use at that track, and not many competitors use it. Keep driving it and you will learn to drive with the loose condition. Feather the throttle because you will have better transitions off the corners and it will cut down on the oversteer. :)

I'm glad I've started to use the right analog stick for gas and brake because the X button surely doesn't cut it. I've been thinking about using R2 as gas and L2 as brake but don't have the confidence to do it.

I'm glad I've started to use the right analog stick for gas and brake because the X button surely doesn't cut it. I've been thinking about using R2 as gas and L2 as brake but don't have the confidence to do it.
Have you tried the triggers? R2? Good for feathering the throttle.

Not yet. I haven't figured out what button to make the tranny so until I figure that out I'll be sticking to the sticks.

I use R1 shift up, L1 down, R2 throttle, L2 brake and the rest in any particular order.

Could try triangle up, X down or circle up, square down, i used to use them to some effect but using L1, R1 means you can always have an index finger on both ready to shift whenever needed, with middle fingers on the braking and accelerating.

Latest Posts

Back