My G27 review

  • Thread starter Thread starter lakersfreak
  • 15 comments
  • 2,423 views
Messages
64
I finally got my G27 in today. Although no wheelstand pro yet, I decided to connect and test it out. I absolutely love it!!!! Worked on PS3 right away no problems what-so-ever.

I do have one complaint.... The usb chord that attaches to the ps3 is waaayyy to short!!! I am forced to sit 5 feet away from my 60" tv!!! I normally sit about 10 to 12 feet away. I don't understand how they could've screwed that up. If a longer chord was made then it would accommodate everyone... you can't lengthen a short chord, but you can shorten a long chord:dunce:

Anyway not a killer, glad I returned my Log GT and shelled out the extra $100 for the G27.....Now I wait for my wheelstand pro which should be here next week!!!!!!!!!!
 
I finally got my G27 in today. Although no wheelstand pro yet, I decided to connect and test it out. I absolutely love it!!!! Worked on PS3 right away no problems what-so-ever.

I do have one complaint.... The usb chord that attaches to the ps3 is waaayyy to short!!! I am forced to sit 5 feet away from my 60" tv!!! I normally sit about 10 to 12 feet away. I don't understand how they could've screwed that up. If a longer chord was made then it would accommodate everyone... you can't lengthen a short chord, but you can shorten a long chord

Anyway not a killer, glad I returned my Log GT and shelled out the extra $100 for the G27.....Now I wait for my wheelstand pro which should be here next week!!!!!!!!!!

The Logitech G27 is well worth the money.
 
Last edited:
Where was the review?
 
It's a short cord because it's a "PC" wheel... but that's nothing a good USB extension cord won't fix! Congrats.
 
Finally arrives! When did you order mate?
 
great review. please keep us updated on the USB incident :)
 
G27 rules - I was lucky I had USB extension chords laying around.....they are cheap, just go pick one up =)
 
So an extension chord won't cause any issues? What does "chord have no H" mean?
 
So an extension chord won't cause any issues? What does "chord have no H" mean?

Good to hear you got your wheel! Mine is scheduled for next Monday, but of course I am out of town all next week...

I used a standard 6 foot USB extension on my DFGT with no problems. However, if you need longer than that, I would probably recommend an "active extension" that will take you to 16ft or 32ft depending on model. Here is the link to the 16ft one I got for my Kinect. Works perfect!

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030312&p_id=2779&seq=1&format=2
 
If you just need 6ft, any should do. Just make sure it is male to female or M-F.

If you need 16ft, look for an active extension cable, male to female, like the $21.97 Belkin from that page.
 
Threads merged, multiple threads on one topic..... hmmm.
 
Threads merged, multiple threads on one topic..... hmmm.

Ya sorry about that. I accidentally posted in the console and pc gaming section instead of steering wheel and racing cockpits. Didn't do it on purpose~:sick:
 
Any of those Belkins should work fine, like dwogs said if you need to run a long way (10 feet plus I'd say) spring for the active cable.
 
Back