• 8 comments

GBWH1991

Bopper
Premium
Scotland
Dundee, Scotland
BopperJr
Sinner Bopper
This is a very basic suspension setup that I use for practically every car (sometimes needs tweeking). For me, it gives the car a better feel - may not be the case for other people. For me though, it can work with FWD, RWD, 4WD no problems - just wanted peoples opinions and possibly 'reviews' using this setup on a couple of cars.
*Racing Suspension required*

Spring Rate -- I tend to leave this alone
Ride Height -- Front = 5 'clicks' from the lowest, Rear = 2-3 more 'clicks' higher than the front
Damper/Bound -- F = 5, R = 7
Damper/Rebound -- F = 4, R = 7
Camber -- F = 2.5, R = 2.0
Toe -- I tend to leave this alone
Stabilizer -- F = 5/6, R = 5/6

As I say, very simple adjustment from standard, but it definately improves the handling for me.

Personally, I never use just one setup, even for the same car. Each track demands variables in my opinion. There's also the possiblity of different tunes for drifting, grip-style racing (with Ai present) Time Trials (no Ai), and so on.

But ya know...whatever works for you and all that. :cheers:

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of car specific tunes too - this is my lazy universal tune.

I need to find the time to sit down and make some good tunes, at the moment, I'm just trying to fly through the game with minor tweaks like this one which generally improve the car enough to get races done with relative ease.
When I do get some better tunes, I may post them here.

I tell you what. I'm a lazy tuner too. :) Especially with differentials and transmissions. Matter of fact, if I can use stock parts (or swap in a 1-way diff or sport tranny or something that's a quick tune) I'll usually do this. I also prefer sports and semi-racing suspensions (or even stock) over FC parts. The only time I use full-custom parts is if I'm entering the biggest, baddest races of all--World Cup, GT All STars, etc.

Some cars drive way better with stock suspension. The Nissan Sunny/Pulsar GTi-R from the used dealer is one that I can drive extremely fast with stock suspension, but I've never been able to make my own setups work. I have tried a million times with different settings as it's one of my favourite cars in the game. Now I just tune the performance to nearly 300bhp and stock suspension + differential which makes the car very rapid around the track - adding super-soft racing tires give an extreme level of grip with the ability to loose grip with a dab of the hand-brake.

That's interesting. I drove a Sunny (apparently) towards the end of my official GT2 days, and I know I did because I wrote up a spec sheet detailing it. But I have no memory of how I tuned it, or my driving impressions of it at all. :indiff:

It's a great car - If you still have GT2, I definately recommend that you purchase it!!

Thanks for the response.

I gotta admit, I never got into tuning cars until I discovered GTP in 2006. Even then, I only plugged in my so-called basic settings for all cars :lol:. Very much like you do GBWH! I only started tuning seriously last year, and then my PS3 came so I haven't been playing GT2 for a while :guilty:.

In response to your general suspension setup, if you feel it works for you, then it probably is 👍. People have different driving styles, so an all purpose tune for you might not be driveable for others. When I use tunes from GTP I always tinker a bit more with it to suit my style.

Oh, the Pulsar is a great car BTW. I only have a faint memory of driving it, but from what I remember it stick to the road like glue. Makes a neat rally car too :D. Definitely one of the hottest hot hatches in GT2.

Thanks for the response.

I'll have to have a look through the GTP tunes for GT2, I'm really enjoying playing GT2 again.

Back