My girlfriends 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600 RR

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
She bought it last year after trading in her Honda NXR125 BROS. When she got offered the Quacker it was in the shop getting repairs for crash damage after the previous owner slid it under a car. :nervous:

One of only about five ZX600 RR's in New Zealand (heaps of ZX600 R's though).

Comes factory with race cams, forged pistons, Ohlins race suspension and other stuff making it different from the R. Including a smaller capacity engine (RR 599cc and R 636cc) as its built to race in the 600 Super Sports category.

124 hp
168 kg dry weight
Kawasaki Green (only come in that colour)
Close ratio gearbox
Slipper clutch

Basically, its stupidly fast. Was cruising behind her in my (212 hp turbo) Skyline GTS-4 at 50 km/h one day, and she did a slight twist of the throttle through a couple of gears and it just literally took off like i'd slammed my brakes on. Just insane. :D

But anywho, the pics. :P

Attachments

• DSC00979.jpg
    DSC00979.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00986.jpg
    DSC00986.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00988.jpg
    DSC00988.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00982.jpg
    DSC00982.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00994.jpg
    DSC00994.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 23
Haha, yup. Would have been a 2008 250 Ninja in there as well if i bought that instead of another Skyline. One day i'll get it though. In red. :)

My wife rides 2-up with me, but doesn't ride herself. Frankly, I don't want her to. I've seen her drive! I won't even ride in a car with her unless I'm nearly dead from something.

Nice Kwak, BTW!

My wife rides 2-up with me, but doesn't ride herself.

Thats all I really want my girlfriend to do, go on the back, but if getting her to try 2 wheels means she has to ride herself (you know how some people don't like not being in control when driving etc. :lol:) then so be it. I'm still working on it :sly:

Nice bike. I still can't ride a bike!!!

I am just waiting for nice weather so that I can learn on my fathers Kawasaki Vulcan 500

After I get into it.. I might buy a cool sports bike, or a nice cruiser.

Nice bike. I still can't ride a bike!!!

I am just waiting for nice weather so that I can learn on my fathers Kawasaki Vulcan 500

After I get into it.. I might buy a cool sports bike, or a nice cruiser.

Probably a good plan, I ended up doing slow riding practice for training in horrifically wet conditions so doing tight figure of 8s and so on was a real pain, the front felt like it wanted to just slide out on me and that was at less then 10mph let alone at speed. Of course I'm used to it now but at first it feels really unnerving.

So long as you don't buy a Ninja like the great one above you should be fine, Ninjas are a bit to hardcore for new riders I think.

Yeah practice with the Vulcan first. Then I might bet my own Cruiser, or a sports bike.. How about a Triumph? Not fastest, but I like how they look.. I also like bikes that don't have the body on them.

Any suggestions?
But not a Suzuki ;), its not that I hate them, its just everyone has them haha

Gimmie the Ninja over the Skyline any day. :D

Two wheeled beauty there, props to your girl. Nice taste in bikes.

Nice ride! Tell her to ride it like everyone is out to kill her and things should be fine.

Back