my gran turismo 4 wont work, but i may have a solution if you help me

  • Thread starter Thread starter hydralore
  • 17 comments
  • 2,211 views
Messages
14
ok when i put in my game i just get the browser screen im running a SCPH-30006 but when i read the manual to see why it wont work it said

NOTE: Owners of SCPH-30000 and SCPH-50000 series Playstation 2 Consoles sould refer to the setup instructions supplied with the console

but i cant find mine so i was wondering if anyone else runs a SCPH-30000 series and could tell me maybe how to get it tho work?

thanx
 
Something like this happened to me with my old, big PS2. Just the browser screen and a mesage: Disc Read Error. Got a new on the warranty.

If its just your GT4 game, check for scratches or smudges, use a CD-repair kit.
If it happens to all your games, try a lens cleaner kit.

If all above fails, try out your warranty, og just ditch it and buy the new slim little MF with network adapter.
 
Dude, you were impatient before, now I'm trying to help.

How do I find out what series my PS2 is?
 
turn it on without a game then go to the option below browser :/ or u press triangle i cant really remember, one of them 2 but it should come up
 
I checked, mine ain't one on the list. Sorry. :)
 
I looked in my manual anyway, and I can't see anything that's going to help you. It doesn't say anything specific, it just tells you how to run a game.

I think the reference in the GT4 manual is just to show users how to setup their PS2 - you know, if this is the first game they've bought. How to connect it to the TV and stuff.

Sounds like it could be the PS2 on the blink or maybe the disc. Sorry dude, bad luck I guess.
 
iv tried 2 different gt 4 disks and they both didnt work, then i played all my other games and they worked................maybe its just not meant to be
 
hydralore
iv tried 2 different gt 4 disks and they both didnt work, then i played all my other games and they worked................maybe its just not meant to be

I had a similar problem with my Playstation (PSOne) and Formula 1 '98. Sent the console away to be fixed, and when it came back it was still the same. Tried 3 disc's from the shop all to no avail. Some things eh?... :grumpy: :banghead: :ouch:
 
hydralore
yes it is..but its a real game...i cant remember the chip atm, why?
I have a Messia 2 PRO chip on my PS2 console version SCPH-39002 which gives me the same problem - it doesnt like the dual layer game disk too much. The way around it is to turn the mod chip off!

I turn off my Messiah 2 PRO as follows - with the PS2 reset light in the off phase (red) - press and hold the reset switch and keep it pressed for a full 5 seconds after the "blue" light has come on (the eject button on the PS2). This should get the game started 1st time every time as it turns of the Messia chip.
 
Back