My Gran Turismo 7 install is deteriorating! Hang ups when loading races.

Gambleboyen
I have had the occasional track loading hang up all the way since release, and I' realising that it is happening more and more. It started with hang ups every 10 or 12 races, recently it's been so bad that I need to restart the game every two or three races because of the hang ups. RIght now, I can't start a single race, it just hangs on loading! I haven't seen anyone else mention anything like this. Was wondering for a while if it was my PS4 which is getting a bit old, but I've never experienced persistant problems with any other game.

I've tried deleting the game and reinstalling it but the problem is just the same.

My next attempt may be replacing my HDD (it's one of those HDD/SSD hybrids), but I haven't really got much hope there since as I said no other games have shown any problems and there have never been any HDD fault messages whatsoever.

EDIT: Music rallies work :-( I don't get it.

Last edited:
PS4 slim.

I got into a race again luckily but it still hangs quite often.

I guess disk drive swap is my last resort, but that is a big job with backing up and installing the system anew.

PS4 slim.

I guess disk drive swap is my last resort, but that is a big job with backing up and installing the system anew.
Issue could also be bad firmware or corrupted databases.
or GT being too much for the console

Lets not forget GT games have always pushed the console to the limit and if their is dust inside the system will start to overheat and throttle.

Lets not forget GT games have always pushed the console to the limit and if their is dust inside the system will start to overheat and throttle.
Yes I see the problem of more demanding games and an aging console, but that would mainly impact the actual racing and not just the loading process? I guess we'll never know unless it's an issue that appears for several users.

Yes I see the problem of more demanding games and an aging console, but that would mainly impact the actual racing and not just the loading process? I guess we'll never know unless it's an issue that appears for several users.
Loading process also adds load to the system as things are moved into RAM from storage.

I have had the occasional track loading hang up all the way since release, and I' realising that it is happening more and more. It started with hang ups every 10 or 12 races, recently it's been so bad that I need to restart the game every two or three races because of the hang ups. RIght now, I can't start a single race, it just hangs on loading! I haven't seen anyone else mention anything like this. Was wondering for a while if it was my PS4 which is getting a bit old, but I've never experienced persistant problems with any other game.

EDIT: Music rallies work :-( I don't get it.
PS4 slim.

PS4 fat owner here.

Loading times are huge for sure, but never experienced hang ups. Only situation similar was once creating custom racing suit, it hanged up when tried to save it, had to close the game and start it again.

You are not alone. Have the same problem but only since the latest update and ONLY at the Spa 24h race. Every second or third loading ends in a loading screen loop and I have to restart the game.
PS4 fat with SSD.

You are not alone. Have the same problem but only since the latest update and ONLY at the Spa 24h race. Every second or third loading ends in a loading screen loop and I have to restart the game.
PS4 fat with SSD.
Well I'm sorry you have the same thing but I suppose that if this is something that appears for several people it's something they will look into fixing.

Last edited:
Back