My Gran Turismo 7 save file got hardlocked, how do I fix this?

• Thread starter PMWMP
  • 11 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
PMWMP
I have been trying to fix this for the better part of yesterday and today.

During the last race to complete the 5th menu book, my wifi lost connection at the very end of the race and such the game got confused. I did not get the car, but I did complete the race. So now, the game thinks I have completed the menu book but I can't claim the rewards or move on to the next part. Its fully stuck.

I reinstalled from fresh, didn't work.
I wiped my save data on the ps4 multiple times, didn't work.
Idk what to do and I'm seriously losing my patience with this, waited for 9 years to play this and it doesn't even let me anymore.

Please help.

I have been trying to fix this for the better part of yesterday and today.

During the last race to complete the 5th menu book, my wifi lost connection at the very end of the race and such the game got confused. I did not get the car, but I did complete the race. So now, the game thinks I have completed the menu book but I can't claim the rewards or move on to the next part. Its fully stuck.

I reinstalled from fresh, didn't work.
I wiped my save data on the ps4 multiple times, didn't work.
Idk what to do and I'm seriously losing my patience with this, waited for 9 years to play this and it doesn't even let me anymore.

Please help.
Yo bro did you manage to fix it because i got the same problem but on the 11th book Sony just said I must uinstall and install it so would like to now what you did to get it fixed ?

Oof this definitely sounds like some kind of glitch. Hope those effected can get it sorted out if not, by a-not so distant-future update at least

The number of reports of ruined save files due to a crash or dropped connection is very concerning. You kinda can't fix it, the save file is on their servers. Can't even delete and start over. All you can do is hope that they fix it. Doesn't help that GT doesn't seem to have a support site like Forza does. Maybe PlayStation support can help?

I think I need to stop playing this for a while. I don't want to risk my save being ruined too.

Yo bro did you manage to fix it because i got the same problem but on the 11th book Sony just said I must uinstall and install it so would like to now what you did to get it fixed ?
Did you try that? Did it work?

Update: I bought the missing car from my menu book (the 2014 4C). Luckily it was in the Brand Dealership since I didnt see one in the Used. Went in and checked the Archived menu book and saw the slot filled, went into the My Collection and watched the corresponding demo video with Luca and it finally offered the next book.

So, if you can, Try to buy the missing car from your book.

Three weeks later and still blocked at manu book 2!!! Licence center is not available nor any race…. what a fantastic game👍👎👎

Three weeks later and still blocked at manu book 2!!! Licence center is not available nor any race…. what a fantastic game👍👎👎

Back