My GT-R Official Record attempt.

• Thread starter F6310
  • 12 comments

F6310

Premium
barra_240t
barra240t
Hi all. My first official post, so I thought I would share my story off achieving the GT-R Official Record trophy.

I'll start with settings, as we all know the track, car and tyres. All aids off with exception of ABS, I set it to 1.

Took me almost 2 hours of invalidated lap after invalidated lap. The only validated lap from the session was 7:47 due to a few spinouts. I elected to leave that ghost car as my sector one was fantastic. I could not beat it.

After repeated "one more go" laps I finally succeeded with a 7:22.022 lap and was gobsmacked! I beat the damn thing by SEVEN SECONDS!!

This may sound un-impressive to some, this is a fairly big achievement for myself, and to beat it by a significant margin made it all worthwhile.

Link to the YouTube video of my effort: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj8Mu7h3gT4
And screenshot: http://img828.imageshack.us/i/img06502.jpg/

Forgive the crummy quality of the video, but my capture device is crap. Saving up for a HD card :D

So did you have the setting on something other than the "simulation" setting for the steering eh? Just curious, I've read that if you change that setting that it will make it much easier to set "the time." 7 seconds ahead of the "par time" seems a bit too much for simulation setting.. And grip/off course set to "real" will also make it harder(more realistic) I've heard. Haven't tried it without the real setting or a steering setting other than simulation. I'm stuck about .08 off the pace at the moment.

Good job !

So did you have the setting on something other than the "simulation" setting for the steering eh? Just curious, I've read that if you change that setting that it will make it much easier to set "the time." 7 seconds ahead of the "par time" seems a bit too much for simulation setting.. And grip/off course set to "real" will also make it harder(more realistic) I've heard. Haven't tried it without the real setting or a steering setting other than simulation. I'm stuck about .08 off the pace at the moment.

Good job !

Cheers!

I didn't come across a 'simulation' option before entering the event. If it is in the options menu it is most likely left at default as the only option I changed was remapped controls to better suit a G25 and speed in metric. And the grip was set to low.

Cheers!

I didn't come across a 'simulation' option before entering the event. If it is in the options menu it is most likely left at default as the only option I changed was remapped controls to better suit a G25 and speed in metric. And the grip was set to low.

Copy that ! The "steering type" option is in the options main menu and is one of the first "tabs" under the controller section of adjustments... It will make things a bit more "busy" but it is still fun. You should check that out and see what you think of the difference(s), as there are 3 settings.

Great job again, you've just motivated me to turn of Top Gear(the good one/euro) and go put some laps down at the Nordschleife. :)

Copy that ! The "steering type" option is in the options main menu and is one of the first "tabs" under the controller section of adjustments... It will make things a bit more "busy" but it is still fun. You should check that out and see what you think of the difference(s), as there are 3 settings.

Great job again, you've just motivated me to turn of Top Gear(the good one/euro) and go put some laps down at the Nordschleife. :)

I'll have a fiddle later. I have my Bob doing the Suzuka 1000 atm and still have at least 2 hours to go.

But Nurburgring is an awesome track. And when you do get the time, it is one of the greatest feelings. Well for me at least.

Good luck!

Wow, thats impressive! :bowdown: I tried this yesterday and couldnt get within 3 seconds :guilty: only tried 6 laps so might go back and have another go.

Wow, thats impressive! :bowdown: I tried this yesterday and couldnt get within 3 seconds :guilty: only tried 6 laps so might go back and have another go.

I tried this a while back and gave up. Since then I did all the rally special events and the Leob challenge, then tried the Ferrari F10 on Nurburgring and then was gifted a Red Bull X2010.

I like to think that all 3 combined helped my control and reflex skills.

So did you have the setting on something other than the "simulation" setting for the steering eh? Just curious, I've read that if you change that setting that it will make it much easier to set "the time." 7 seconds ahead of the "par time" seems a bit too much for simulation setting..
Its possible... I always drive with simulation myself. Ive done a 7.18.724, but the lap still isnt clean enough for my liking

F6310, nice time by the way:tup:
Isnt that the way time trials always go?:lol: You set a time early, cant beat it, just about to quit, then bang - suddenly you go much faster:boggled:

Hi all. My first official post, so I thought I would share my story off achieving the GT-R Official Record trophy.

I'll start with settings, as we all know the track, car and tyres. All aids off with exception of ABS, I set it to 1.

Took me almost 2 hours of invalidated lap after invalidated lap. The only validated lap from the session was 7:47 due to a few spinouts. I elected to leave that ghost car as my sector one was fantastic. I could not beat it.

After repeated "one more go" laps I finally succeeded with a 7:22.022 lap and was gobsmacked! I beat the damn thing by SEVEN SECONDS!!

This may sound un-impressive to some, this is a fairly big achievement for myself, and to beat it by a significant margin made it all worthwhile.

Link to the YouTube video of my effort: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj8Mu7h3gT4
And screenshot: http://img828.imageshack.us/i/img06502.jpg/

Forgive the crummy quality of the video, but my capture device is crap. Saving up for a HD card :D

Really nice time! Do you use a DS3? I laughed when I read about the last "one-more-go"-laps ;) God only knows how much I had of them on the Ring 👍

Really nice time! Do you use a DS3? I laughed when I read about the last "one-more-go"-laps ;) God only knows how much I had of them on the Ring 👍

Used a Logi G25. I only bust out the DS3 when I feel like drifting or grinding poor Bob.

oh hai barra ;)

interesting though on the steering settings, i have mine set on simulation too
but i've noticed that there are actually 2 or 3 steering wheels highlighted in game when that setting is adjusted, same for the assisted stearing, only a few of the wheels are highlighted.

does this setting have any effect for a non-supported wheel?
ie the g25 & g27?

The other week I spent about 3 or 4 hours trying to complete this challenge. I finally managed it, 0.4 seconds under the target time. Then I noticed I was in practice mode, not arcade time trial so I didn't get the trophy! To say I was devastated is an understatement and I haven't had the motivation to try again since.

andyzim
The other week I spent about 3 or 4 hours trying to complete this challenge. I finally managed it, 0.4 seconds under the target time. Then I noticed I was in practice mode, not arcade time trial so I didn't get the trophy! To say I was devastated is an understatement and I haven't had the motivation to try again since.

You using any aids?

The driving line is useless, makes you brake early, TCS slows your car down and use manual gears for more control.

And practise, that is the best advice I can give :tup

Back