My GT5 won't load anymore... :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter CoolColJ
  • 11 comments
  • 10,902 views
Messages
4,884
Messages
CoolColJ, GTP_CoolColJ
When I get to the screen that says -

Accessing game data. Please do not switch off the system while the HDD indicator is accessing - OK

Pressing Ok does nothing. It just hangs there :nervous:

Prior to this, it froze in game, I could see the internet light blinking, but after waiting for a while, I thought it might be a lagged server thing. So I quit the game, disabled the net connection, and now it won't load as detailed above!


Anyone else get this problem?

Edit - I have 2 accounts on this PS3, and both have their own GT5 save. Neither account will boot the game up :scared:
 
Last edited:
delete installed game data(not your save)

if you do not want to lose your save data, pop in a new HDD, install firm ware and load the game, i dont think the save can get corrupted
 
I have had it lock up at the 1st license test of International C. All I did was hit the PS button quit the game, and restart and it has been fine since. I do agree it is quite buggy.
 
delete installed game data(not your save)

if you do not want to lose your save data, pop in a new HDD, install firm ware and load the game, i dont think the save can get corrupted

Thanks, I'm trying that now - will have re download all updates and DLC as well....

It takes ages to delete as well :/
 
Man sorry to hear, I hope you still keep your save.
 
Thanks, I'm trying that now - will have re download all updates and DLC as well....

It takes ages to delete as well :/

DO NOT DELETE IT! Is your wheel plugged in? This happened to me earlier, my wheel was plugged in and i was trying to use the controller. Apparently only the controller registered as #1 will let you continue!
 
Too late - I just realised it too - :O

It seems all your DLC, replays and custom tracks are saved in the game data section and not your save file!!! :(
 
Too late - I just realised it too - :O

It seems all your DLC, replays and custom tracks are saved in the game data section and not your save file!!! :(

Was it the wheel??
 
Having a similar ISSUE!!! After you press OK it goes to the GT5 Screen and hangs there. Tried a fresh install.... nope.... works fine under different user! Unplugged wheel and just used my other USB controller.... NOPE.... It froze on me as soon as I finished bspec Extreme! WTF!!! NEED HELP!!! I do not want to start all over again!!!!!
 
Back