My GT5 won't load... Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hischar
  • 6 comments
  • 2,323 views
Messages
17
Messages
Stevo9MR
Okay, I'm connected to PSN and when I launch the game it stops at the GT5 logo for a few minutes, soon followed by "A connection could not be established" error. I hit okay and it brings me to the main menu but I can't select anything, there is no cursor on the screen or anything, I've hit every button, nothing does anything. I only have one controller and I just picked up my PS3 a couple weeks ago, so hopefully this is just something easy that I'm missing.
 
Of course after doing this about 5 times, now it works...

EDIT:

Nevermind...
 
If you have a "phat" ps3 they have this issue which can then be followed by lens burn out.
 
Yah, I have the newer slim one. I figured out a little more though...

In order for me to get into the game and actually play, I have to disco from the PSN. Then I can launch the game just fine, navigate and everything. But the second I sign in to the PSN, my cursor just simply disappears, whether I'm just in the GT Life menu, tuning, whatever... The second I connect, I lose all functionality. But I can gain it right back when I disco from the PSN again.

So basically I can't do anything online, I tried looking up solutions but can't find anything.
 
Yah, I have the newer slim one. I figured out a little more though...

In order for me to get into the game and actually play, I have to disco from the PSN. Then I can launch the game just fine, navigate and everything. But the second I sign in to the PSN, my cursor just simply disappears, whether I'm just in the GT Life menu, tuning, whatever... The second I connect, I lose all functionality. But I can gain it right back when I disco from the PSN again.

So basically I can't do anything online, I tried looking up solutions but can't find anything.

you most likely have a bad internet connection. for instance, i have extremely lagy internet and when i am connected to the psn, all the load times in gt5 are double what they are when i am not connected to the internet
 
I had the same problem. when I first got my system though, my internet connection was great and I had no problems what so ever, but now I usally get DNS errors or I cant sign in to PSN, so I guess its all about connection.
 
Back