My GT7 save is ruined

• Thread starter Mansky
  • 12 comments
Indonesia
Indonesia
riydslchn
Just booted up GT7 this morning and encountered some issues.

At first, I thought I lost all of my data, but I checked that all of my cars are there, including license and mission reward cars. And when I check at the cafe, I can see that I've completed all of the menus (which I already did) and all of my trophies. But the game acted like it's a fresh new save, prompting me to buy the 3 starter cars, and all of the world map menus locked. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Pics:

You might try to do what SONY calls Rebuild Database. This is the process on PS4.

Step 1: Make sure the PS4 is off. Wait about half a minute or so if you turn it off.

Step 2: Once the PS4 is off, press and hold the power button until the second beep sounds, five or six seconds.

Step 3: Connect your PS4 controller to the console with a USB cable, and then press the PS button on the controller to enable it. The PS4 should be in Safe Mode.

Step 4: When the system screen appears, select Rebuild Database and wait patiently until the process is completed. If you have many game files it will take longer.

I can't remember if the Playstation reboots itself or you command it to, but once it reboots, see if your GT7 files are back to normal.

Be careful doing a rebuild database, my ps4 hdd bricked when I tried it & I had to buy a new hdd in the end.
If it were me the 1st thing I would try is to delete my game save then download it from the cloud save.
If that didn't work then maybe I would try the rebuild database.

You might try to do what SONY calls Rebuild Database. This is the process on PS4.

Step 1: Make sure the PS4 is off. Wait about half a minute or so if you turn it off.

Step 2: Once the PS4 is off, press and hold the power button until the second beep sounds, five or six seconds.

Step 3: Connect your PS4 controller to the console with a USB cable, and then press the PS button on the controller to enable it. The PS4 should be in Safe Mode.

Step 4: When the system screen appears, select Rebuild Database and wait patiently until the process is completed. If you have many game files it will take longer.

I can't remember if the Playstation reboots itself or you command it to, but once it reboots, see if your GT7 files are back to normal.
Nope, still nothing

Be careful doing a rebuild database, my ps4 hdd bricked when I tried it & I had to buy a new hdd in the end.
If it were me the 1st thing I would try is to delete my game save then download it from the cloud save.
If that didn't work then maybe I would try the rebuild database.
Already did those two. For the game save it's actually in PD's servers rather than locally on the console so, yeah no luck

I’m having the same problems as you are too, and I don’t know how to fix it either, and what’s worse, I had it within the game’s first week after it was released
EDIT: I found the solution: Send a reply to “@gt7_online_jp” and tell them you PSN ID, your country and that your save data is corrupted. They’ll ask you if you want to have it be reverted to before it was corrupted or to keep the current progress and unlock the other modes.

Last edited:
I’ve just got the same problem. Looked as though my save data was wiped when I started the game but my Menu is still on the latest challenge and the first 3 starters cars aren’t even in the second hand car dealer for me to buy.

I logged a ticket with PSN, he got me to try restoring my game licenses but that didn’t work. Waiting to see what happens next but I’m not gonna hold my breath for a quick fix, this whole launch has been a disaster lol.

Last edited:
This may sound obvious to many but dont go by the info on screen about "dont unplug/switch off your PS5 until it stops flashing - leave at least 5 mins after the flashing stops if you need to turn of at the plug

Back