My idea for selling...

FDMJIV
So I had an idea, and I hope I can not only get it out how I envision it, but also you guys think it might have some weight and interest.

So selling. The long drawn out discussion where we all want to sell useless cars, etc. Here is my idea. Hear me out.

Car, all cars should be sellable. Gifts, etc, all of them. If brand new, they should be situated at a 25% loss for depreciation. If used, meaning mileage on them (exceptions are legendary) you can either sell them to the game, or... and this is where the best idea I have ever had is... You can sell them on the open market.

Imagine the search feature for liveries, except it is a car selling platform. You can search by new, popular, model, color, etc. And whatever you buy, at whatever price goes to the player who listed the car on the marketplace. No fees, no BS, just your own price and an honest transaction...

What's that you ask? Your car has parts on it, and engine swap and other rare parts? Drives the price up to whatever you want.

Rare parts? Sell them as well for whatever you are asking. I recently got the Camshaft S for the 2002 NSX. I want to build this car with all the rare parts, but you can never predict what you are going to get. It would be awesome if someone in the community won say the Stage 5 Weight Reduction, but didn't want it and could list it and sell it. Same with engine swaps, etc. Our community could create essentially it's own economy, and it would self sustain.

Obviously there would be limitations, and rules, but to me rare unused parts, tuned and stock cars, etc should all be fair game.

What do you think?

So I had an idea, and I hope I can not only get it out how I envision it, but also you guys think it might have some weight and interest.

So selling. The long drawn out discussion where we all want to sell useless cars, etc. Here is my idea. Hear me out.

Car, all cars should be sellable. Gifts, etc, all of them. If brand new, they should be situated at a 25% loss for depreciation. If used, meaning mileage on them (exceptions are legendary) you can either sell them to the game, or... and this is where the best idea I have ever had is... You can sell them on the open market.

Imagine the search feature for liveries, except it is a car selling platform. You can search by new, popular, model, color, etc. And whatever you buy, at whatever price goes to the player who listed the car on the marketplace. No fees, no BS, just your own price and an honest transaction...

What's that you ask? Your car has parts on it, and engine swap and other rare parts? Drives the price up to whatever you want.

Rare parts? Sell them as well for whatever you are asking. I recently got the Camshaft S for the 2002 NSX. I want to build this car with all the rare parts, but you can never predict what you are going to get. It would be awesome if someone in the community won say the Stage 5 Weight Reduction, but didn't want it and could list it and sell it. Same with engine swaps, etc. Our community could create essentially it's own economy, and it would self sustain.

Obviously there would be limitations, and rules, but to me rare unused parts, tuned and stock cars, etc should all be fair game.

What do you think?
Didn't Forza have a livery market? Never played it, but I think I read this somewhere.

Shipping the car with the livery and whatever has on it makes perfect sense to me. That's a proper UCD. I just can't tell what the economy would do in the long run when everybody has most of the cars. I guess what would drive the value then would be the liveries and rare parts that may come with the car.

Didn't Forza have a livery market? Never played it, but I think I read this somewhere.

Shipping the car with the livery and whatever has on it makes perfect sense to me. That's a proper UCD. I just can't tell what the economy would do in the long run when everybody has most of the cars. I guess what would drive the value then would be the liveries and rare parts that may come with the car.
Forza has markets for liveries, tunes, and a full on auction house where you can sell anything even rare seasonal prizes for tons of credits. They don’t have in game currency to sell though.

I’d be surprised if GT7 allows you to sell gifted cars or get more than like 20% for anything. They have a whole dumb sponsorship with Hagerty to set used legendary car prices and wouldn’t want to go around that if you could just sell anything.

But would you sell off a 19 million dollar Mclaren F1 for anything less than purchase price? What if you tuned it?

My whole thing is really to sell tuned cars, and rare parts, etc.

Back