My in-game economic strategy for GT Sport.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 17 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I thought I'd share my strategy for managing credits, mileage points, and prize cars in case someone wants advice.

-For prize cars, if I get a duplicate (or if it's in a color I don't want), I hold onto it, in case an update allows us to give these prize cars value. I am wondering if the mysterious ticket system could allow us to trade in prize cars for tickets instead of for credits? Either way, I don't wanna simply delete them now only for them to gain some sort of value later.

-Regarding credits, I mostly let them build up, and only buy cars that have multiple color options and wherein I have a specific preference for color. For a lot of the race cars, I don't mind the color as much, especially since I feel like I'm more likely to apply a custom livery to those. So I don't think I plan to buy the Jaguar XJ13 nor the Ferrari 330 P4 since they only come in one color - but I might buy something like the Shelby Cobra, Aston Martin Vulcan, or the Red Bull X2014 Standard since it has a lot of options. This means if the Jaguar XJ13 was a prize car, I'd have a 1/4 chance of getting it, and in the color I'd want (since it only comes in one color), whereas the chance of getting the Red Bull X2014 Standard in the color I want would be far below 1/4. The same applies for a lot of the VGTs, too, so if I start to get near the credit cap, I could always buy some of the VGTs I don't have in a preferred color, like I've done with the Zagato, Dodge Street, or the Subaru entry. Like I mentioned before regarding prize cars, I want to wait to see more about that ticket system and what it will mean for the GT Sport in-game economy.

-For mileage points, I seem to earn a ton of them, so I don't really spent too much of them upgrading cars unless I really want to. Instead, I buy one of each mileage exchange car when it's available, and I don't mind the color they come in, since I could paint them over with an OEM color when that paint becomes available. Otherwise, I typically have enough to basically clear out the rotation of rims/paints when they come around. I am personally hoping more OEM colors will become available, too, especially since we saw Championship White for the second time this past week.

Mileage points max out at 99,999pts. So if you want to keep earning them you have to spend them

Do the upgrades actually have any effect when BoP is on? I'm approaching the limit, and I'm wondering if I should bother to upgrade my Gr1-4 cars. I don't drive anything else really so I haven't bothered spending any Mi on upgrades yet.

Do the upgrades actually have any effect when BoP is on? I'm approaching the limit, and I'm wondering if I should bother to upgrade my Gr1-4 cars. I don't drive anything else really so I haven't bothered spending any Mi on upgrades yet.

Nope. The BOP sets the HP and Weight which is what you upgrade to change. There have been a couple dailies in the past (One make - Race B) that weren't BOP'd though so in those races the cars could be upgraded.
No, BoP removes any tuning on your own cars
Technically, BOP is just power/weight not tuning. Tuning is also restricted in dailies but still a separate thing. I know im just splitting hairs here

I missed your tip that if you like to play the game you should play it. And if you dont really feel like playing you should not be obliged to play it.

How about, start you off with 20million Cr. Do you blow it in one car or buy a plethora of machines for each category?

I'm not interested in the paints as I generally dont repaint the cars.

I buy the Gr3 road cars but that party is about to end because there's not that many.

I don't buy the safety cars as I have an example of each anyway and i dont care for different colours.

I dont care for helmets or poses or stickers.

I buy all the wheels even the classic types.

On avg. you should tens of thousands of exchange points anyway so tuning should be no issue even to level 3 on most cars.

I dont delete cars I suppose because some of us are Fallout hoarders.

I buy cars if I desperately need them for a challenge... ie. I needed a Red Bull Jr so I bought... I'm glad I get a few cars for free to complete the races... eg. the F1500TA and McLaren VGT and Tomahawks I got for free as well as the Lexus Super GT.

Otherwise I tend not to buy too many cars as you tend to get enough cars for free that you can make do with what you're given instead of shelling out $800k etc.

Call me weird, I’m like this in many games though. I have saved a million credits and begin there at “0.”

I find a car that I want and save until I have enough for it to still have a million in the bank.

Reason being is that something may come out that’s fairly expensive. If it’s to die for I will use that million credits to buy.

A lot of this ideology comes from playing years of EVE Online (spaceship game) where the cardinal rule was “don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose, twice.” Because in that game when you get blown up you get BLOWN up and typically lose everything and if you didn’t have enough money to rebuy a ship and make money you were screwed.

Even though I know that this isn’t even remotely the case in GT Sport I still do it...

I always like to have a little reserve to fall back on.

If you can do this in real life, it’s a big plus too!

Gold all of single player
Collect a ton of credits, miles, and cars
Drive every day to get the daily car
Buy all the mileage stuff
Fill in your garage as you want/need.

This has suited me very well. I've got so many cars it's hard to pick and I'm not lacking for credits or miles.

Sark

How about, start you off with 20million Cr. Do you blow it in one car or buy a plethora of machines for each category?

If the one 20 mil car was relevant in this game. It feels more of a digital paperweight as you can't relly race against other cars being GR.X (except the similar Jag).

Im getting close to the $20 million cap so I will need to buy the Jag or Ferrari soon, which one should I get first??? It kinda sucks cause I think $20 million is the cap and the cost of those 2 cars so I will have $0 after I buy one. I already have all Gr2, 3, 4, and most Gr1 cars so I really dont "need" any cars in particular.

Im getting close to the $20 million cap so I will need to buy the Jag or Ferrari soon, which one should I get first??? It kinda sucks cause I think $20 million is the cap and the cost of those 2 cars so I will have $0 after I buy one. I already have all Gr2, 3, 4, and most Gr1 cars so I really dont "need" any cars in particular.
Not sure of the cap, but I'd pick the Ferrari. Looks cooler. The Jag just looks like an old Porsche to me.
Unsure why the Jag is revered so much. It's a one-off prototype that never raced. The 330 and GT40 were both made and won races. Seems odd to be in GT as more than a curiosity

Last edited:
Back