my instructions for making a '97 V6 base Camaro

• Thread starter Brangeta
  • 5 comments
I'm pretty new to hybridding, but I managed to do this one pretty decently. Since I own a '95 Z28 and '02 SS and love Camaros, I always wondered if a V6 Camaro would make a good daily driver so I tried making one on GT2. I don't have all the bugs worked out, but I tried to make the car as similar to the real thing as I know how. Feel free to tell me additional codes or tips for getting it more accurate. All of my gameshark codes are for the Gran Turismo 2 1.2 greatest hits version, you'll have to convert them if your game is older.

Here's the instructions:

-load your game
-buy a '97 Camaro Z28
-buy it an engine balancing mod, port polish, and full racing transmission
-go to the max speed test or 400m or 1000m
-start editing the gear ratios. I don't know any tricks to get these gear ratios exact, but based on some website, the gear ratios for a V6 Camaro are:
1- 3.750
2- 3.750
3- 1.410
4- 1.000
5- 0.720
6- N/A (v6 doesn't have 6th, so you have to raise the gear ratios as high as they go to prevent from shifting into 6th)
final- 3.230

-go to your garage and highlight the camaro and hit "start" to raise the car to the top
-go save your game by either racing or exiting to the title menu

-enter this code into the gameshark:
-V6 Camaro engine: 801CD56C 0076
it is the engine from the Peugeot 406 3.0 V6, it is the closest V6 in the game to the Camaro's V6. Here is a comparison of both engines, if you know how to edit any of this with the gameshark, please tell me:

stock Peugeot (your Camaro so far will have higher than this because of the port polish and engine balance):
2946 cc displacement
194 hp at 5500 rpm
201 lb-ft of torque at 4000 rpm

V6 Camaro:
3785 cc
200 at 5200
225 at 4000

The V6 Camaro also has a redline at 6000 rpm, I don't know how to edit that, because my hybrid has 7000 as the redline.

-start the game
-and you now have a V6 Camaro that runs pretty much like the real thing, just with significantly less torque, better Z28 suspension, better Z28 brakes, and a much higher redline.

Please let me know if any of you know how to make this car more accurate.

don't worry about the redlines.

if you look at cars like the skyline and civics in-game, they can rev up to 8500 rpm stock even though they would destroy their engine IRL if they revved that high.

so don't feel too bad :) just concentrate on swapping V6s until you find the correct powerband.

Just FYI Brangeta, my dad had a 01 camaro v6 auto, and it was a very nice daily driver. It got 30 mpg and still had about 220 hp to have fun with :dopey:

Back