My Mid-engined Rwd 2 seater

  • Thread starter Thread starter backspace
  • 16 comments
  • 981 views
Messages
482
Algeria
Algeria
Picked up my car this weekend. It's a 1988 Supercharged MR2
I was hoping I would get a chance to clean it, but since I can't register it until Monday I couldn't get to the carwash.






Alright...it needs a little work, but you can't expect much more from an 18 year old car.
First things to be fixed will be the drivers side headlight, handbrake, new oil pan sealant, and T-top seals

After that, once I save up some more I'll get a new front bumper, drivers side front fender, shift knob, shift boot, emblems, and it will be good as new :)

Just to get an idea of what it sounds like at 4500 RPM :sly:
Right click- save as
 
Wow, you drive really close to the steering wheel. I didn't know pygmies were allowed to drive :crazy:

Great car, seriously now. Looks really nice and I'm sure it'll be fun to fix and drive around.
 
Nice! I've had my '87 NA for around a year and a half now, they're great cars.
 
cool, I would like to get a second "more fun" car maybe sometime later this year, Im thinking a miata or mr2.
 
it looks nice

congrats:tup:
 
Not bad, i'm actually a big fan of those cars, and the rims look pretty good on it too. 👍

You have to change that shift knob though, thats the only thing bugging me about the interior. :lol:
 
194GVan
cool, I would like to get a second "more fun" car maybe sometime later this year, Im thinking a miata or mr2.

The Miata is a girls car for many so I wouldn't like to be seen in that:p;)

Nice MR2!!
Oh and it sounds pretty cool too;)
 
oh, if you dont mind me asking, whats the mileage and how much did it set you back?
 
Congrats on the car, man. 👍
 
My step-cousin has a great condition 1st gen MR2. :)

I dunno what he thinks of it though as I never see him :irked:
 
Looks really nice, it seems like a fun car!

How much did you pay for it?
 
SRV2LOW4ME
You have to change that shift knob though, thats the only thing bugging me about the interior. :lol:

:crazy: But its mad tyte lightweight fake carbon fiber pattern y0!

It won't be on there too much longer. :)

The mileage? 146,xxx :indiff: but the little 4agze's go forever, and when they die their not too expensive or too hard to swap.

I payed around $3,000 for it, which is a little more then average but I doubt I'll ever see another decent supercharged one like it around here.

Thanks for the comments. 👍
 
Sweetness... The 1st gen. MR2s are the best by far - based on the one thing that makes a sportscar - weight..

And it looks way better than the newer ones as well !...

Congrats on the "Fun" car !...
 
cool man, it looks real good in the pictures. I would love to find one but theyre much harder to find than a Miata, although they are cheaper. the only ones ive found locally either look like crap or have over 200k miles on them.

Niels, Ive heard that before ;) 2nd gen, Ill give that to ya, its kinda girly. Im looking for a first gen, its cheaper, looks better, and quite frankly its only the old ones I can afford. looks better with a front lip and the hardtop too :D
 
My brother bought 2 '85 MR2's (both white and both for $500 each) and we pooled the best parts and rebuilt the engine/tranny and now he's got one real fun drive. Once we replace the wheel bearings and the tie rods we plan on going on a rally run on some local dirt roads.
 
JCE3000GT
My brother bought 2 '85 MR2's (both white and both for $500 each) and we pooled the best parts and rebuilt the engine/tranny and now he's got one real fun drive. Once we replace the wheel bearings and the tie rods we plan on going on a rally run on some local dirt roads.

Heh, sounds like a good idea. I've got to go junkyard hunting for MR2s and cannibalize one.

149Gvan:
From what I've heard Miatas are great little cars also.
 
Back