My NASCAR Tunes (3 Circuit Types)

• Thread starter Bhowe83
  • 16 comments
United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
Bhowe83
All these setups were made by me over the past few weeks. They are tested and approved for 1.06 and online use. They work best on Race Softs, but will work just fine on Mediums or Hards.

-Daytona-
This setup is what I use when I race online with real draft on. Should work offline also. I focus more on getting the car to be maneuverable and handling well. Speed may suffer a bit, but as long as you stay in the draft you should be good as you'll be able to stick like glue to the yellow. Follow the advice in [brackets] if you want to be faster on the straights, which will make the cornering suffer slightly.

Suspension (Front,Rear)
Ride Height (95,95)
Springs (18.90,21.00) [Decrease rear springs if you want to be a bit faster on the straights]
Compression (1,1) [10,1 for straightaway speed]
Extension (10,10) [1,10 for straightaway speed]
Roll Bars (7,7)
Camber (0,0)
Toe (-.25,-.09)

Transmission
Auto set at 217. This puts you at your peak horsepower range right around 200 so you can really pull up and get a good run on people without getting bogged down in the corners.

LSD
Initial Torque - 60
Accel. Sensitivity - 60
Braking sensitivity - 20

Body
Downforce (200, 400)

-Road Courses-
Tune created mostly at Silverstone. Stock cars are heavy and out of control beasts. Be easy with the throttle and brake early enough that you are slowed down before turning into the corner. This setup is very good on faster circuits with sweeping or high speed corners. A bit finicky in low speed areas, but should be manageable at all real world circuits in game.

Suspension (Front,Rear)
Ride Height (95,95)
Springs (17.40,17.10)
Compression (2,6)
Extension (10,3)
Roll Bars (3,1)
Camber (0,0)
Toe (-.45,-.15)

Brakes
(1,8)

LSD
Initial Torque - 7
Accel. Sensitivity - 12
Braking sensitivity - 45

Body
Downforce (500, 400) - Pick up the rear downforce level if the car is stepping the back end out in high speed corners

-Motegi-
Flat out through 1/2 and then heavy braking right before the apex of 3/4 and stick to the low line with careful throttle/brake control you can get to around 151 mid corner. May snap loose out of 4 on cold tires.

Suspension (Front,Rear)
Ride Height (95,95)
Springs (17.50,21.00)
Compression (1,3)
Extension (10,2)
Roll Bars (4,1)
Camber (0,0)
Toe (-.10,.03)

Brakes
(0,10)

Transmission
Auto set at 205, reduce slightly if using the 70% limiter for the NASCAR series in A-Spec

LSD
Initial Torque - 20
Accel. Sensitivity - 35
Braking sensitivity - 43

Body
Downforce (500, 400)

Indianapolis will be added once/if I make the setup for it, for now Motegi /should/ transfer over to it if you add rear downforce or take away rear spring

Last edited:
-Daytona-
Suspension (Front,Rear)
Ride Height (95,95)
Springs (18.90,21.00) [Decrease rear springs if you want to be a bit faster on the straights]
Roll Bars (7,7)
Camber (0,0)
Toe (-.25,-.09)

Transmission
Auto set at 217. This puts you at your peak horsepower range right around 200 so you can really pull up and get a good run on people without getting bogged down in the corners.

LSD
Initial Torque - 60
Accel. Sensitivity - 60
Braking sensitivity - 20

Body
Downforce (200, 400)

-Road Courses-

Suspension (Front,Rear)
Ride Height (95,95)
Springs (17.40,17.10)
Compression (2,6)
Extension (10,3)
Roll Bars (3,1)
Camber (0,0)
Toe (-.45,-.15)

Brakes
(1,8)

LSD
Initial Torque - 7
Accel. Sensitivity - 12
Braking sensitivity - 45

Body
Downforce (500, 400) - Pick up the rear downforce level if the car is stepping the back end out in high speed corners

-Motegi-

Suspension (Front,Rear)
Ride Height (95,95)
Springs (17.50,21.00)
Compression (1,3)
Extension (10,2)
Roll Bars (4,1)
Camber (0,0)
Toe (-.10,.03)

Brakes
(0,10)

Transmission
Auto set at 205, reduce slightly if using the 70% limiter for the NASCAR series in A-Spec

LSD
Initial Torque - 20
Accel. Sensitivity - 35
Braking sensitivity - 43

Body
Downforce (500, 400)

Indianapolis will be added once/if I make the setup for it, for now Motegi /should/ transfer over to it if you add rear downforce or take away rear spring
Thanks for sharing :cheers:

All these setups were made by me over the past few weeks. They are tested and approved for 1.06 and online use. They work best on Race Softs, but will work just fine on Mediums or Hards.

-Daytona-
This setup is what I use when I race online with real draft on. Should work offline also. I focus more on getting the car to be maneuverable and handling well. Speed may suffer a bit, but as long as you stay in the draft you should be good as you'll be able to stick like glue to the yellow. Follow the advice in [brackets] if you want to be faster on the straights, which will make the cornering suffer slightly.

Suspension (Front,Rear)
Ride Height (95,95)
Roll Bars (7,7)
Camber (0,0)
Toe (-.25,-.09)

Transmission

LSD
Initial Torque - 60
Accel. Sensitivity - 60
Braking sensitivity - 20

Body
Downforce (200, 400)

-Road Courses-
Tune created mostly at Silverstone. Stock cars are heavy and out of control beasts. Be easy with the throttle and brake early enough that you are slowed down before turning into the corner. This setup is very good on faster circuits with sweeping or high speed corners. A bit finicky in low speed areas, but should be manageable at all real world circuits in game.

Suspension (Front,Rear)
Ride Height (95,95)
Springs (17.40,17.10)
Compression (2,6)
Extension (10,3)
Roll Bars (3,1)
Camber (0,0)
Toe (-.45,-.15)

Brakes
(1,8)

LSD
Initial Torque - 7
Accel. Sensitivity - 12
Braking sensitivity - 45

Body

-Motegi-
Flat out through 1/2 and then heavy braking right before the apex of 3/4 and stick to the low line with careful throttle/brake control you can get to around 151 mid corner. May snap loose out of 4 on cold tires.

Suspension (Front,Rear)
Ride Height (95,95)
Springs (17.50,21.00)
Compression (1,3)
Extension (10,2)
Roll Bars (4,1)
Camber (0,0)
Toe (-.10,.03)

Brakes
(0,10)

Transmission

LSD
Initial Torque - 20
Accel. Sensitivity - 35
Braking sensitivity - 43

Body
Downforce (500, 400)

what is the transmission setup online for all 3 courses

notsureifserious.jpg

The tunes work fine past 1.09, just fiddle with camber until it gets comfortable for you
Hi Bhowe, I used these three tunes last weekend whilst doing some of a friends game with him. I had previously used other set-ups that I found on here when I did my first run through but decided to give these a try. I really did enjoy the NASCAR series a lot more this time round with these. Fantastic tunes.👍

I really like the balance of the Road Race tune, I just tweaked the transmission slightly (Still used auto-setting for ease.) for each race and altered the camber and toe to fit the rest of the set-up (now that it works). Really stable car with good rotation, very nicely done!:D

Thanks again for sharing:gtpflag:

I know this thread is older, but I am re sharing it as these tunes are really the best I’ve used so far. The only changes I’ve made was on the road tune by increasing the rear downforce as the OP mentioned and on the Daytona tune I used the straightaway values mentioned which worked best for me. Check out who I beat in the end with my 2013 world champ J.J. My car ended up like brand knew without one single bump, dent, or scratch by getting past all in the first lap early on and never giving up that early lead. Great Tunes !

51D849A0-0FB4-4055-9682-B43AB85222C1.jpeg
20386B44-1956-4199-B224-695E4C2FE5EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back