My new car... Mazda 3s 5-Door

  • Thread starter Thread starter LaBounti
  • 14 comments
  • 824 views
Messages
5,051
Messages
Labounti
I picked it up Monday morning. Its metalic Orange and its just the basic 5 door meaning no options added. Other than the moon roof i did not need anything else. Moon roof came with 6 disc changer but my choices on the lot were limited and I did not want to pay more that 17k. It's 5 speed of course, been driving an auto Eclipse turbo ofr soo long now. I also got the car at about $700 above the INVOICE, not the msrp not the sticker. It had 3 miles on it when I test drove it Saturday and now after a long day its at 80.

Only bad things so far is the super sensitive high beams that I keep switching on everytime I hit the left turn signal. A fine car it is.

Also my brother has a 2004 Orange V6 Mazda 6.
 
Awsome. The Mazda orange color is possibly the best orange in the industry. The cars themselfs(3s and 6s) are excellent and drive very well(I drive them nearly every day at work).
 
Its my second Mazda. First was an 88 626 GT with its torque steer from hell.

And the orange is really nice :).
 
Ooh, a 626 GT! Those are rare. Was it a sedan or 5 door?
 
Congrats on the new ride. Hope she brings you lots of luck!

On the orange I would say its definaly a very nice looking colour.
 
I like the new 3, it's a good practical car! Good luck with it! 👍
 
I did not know GT's came in sedan versions. I only thought 5 door hatches. It was a 5 door.

This old guy at my job keeps telling me I have a station wagon. Hes never heard of the term "Euro Hot Hatch" So I ask him is the Civic SI is a wagon and he says yeah.

looks exactly like this one
 
Damn, your car is sweet.
 
Thats cool man, my parents want to buy me the mazda 3 gt gfx sedan in the orange colour when I get my license next year, we test drove one today and those cars have alot more room than you'd expect. Plus the 2.3 liter engine is very responsive.
 
Originally posted by LaBounti

This old guy at my job keeps telling me I have a station wagon

Old people seem to have some issues with wagons.
 
Originally posted by retsmah
Old people seem to have some issues with wagons.

I know! When my dad was looking for a small SUV in late 2003, I tried hard to put him in an Outback (he eventually went with a Mazda Tribute), and now that the new Outback's out, I'm trying to get him to replace his Lexus ES300 with one - but he won't even let me tell him about it. I think the problem is that when old people hear 'wagon' they think this:

91123241990412LRG.jpg
 
Mazda 3 is a rebadged Ford Focus, Mazda 6 is a rebadged Ford Contour/Mondero
 
frestkd
Mazda 3 is a rebadged Ford Focus, Mazda 6 is a rebadged Ford Contour/Mondero
Nope. The Mazda 3 is the next Ford Focus. It's probably the same with the 6 being the next Mondeo
 
I thought the only thing the 6 shared with the Mondeo was the Engine unit? and the Focus is a decent enough car, well here it is I don't know much about the US model.
 
Back