My new VW Golf

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mark T
  • 15 comments
  • 954 views

Mark T

Puts the sex into Essex
Premium
Messages
3,323
Messages
GTP_Mark
Messages
Mark T33
I recently sold my Fiesta Zetec Turbo and bought this VW Golf 1.8 Turbo. It has been chipped and has a new Turbo pushing around 175bhp. I'm keeping the exterior standard as it's underneath what matters.

The insurance is £670 fully comp, I'm 21 with 2 years no claims bonus.

Here's some pics

Rear



Badge



Interior



Interior Side



Dash (glows blue and red at night)

 
Where's the GTPlanet sign?
 
Cool car Im thinking of getting one of those.
 
A four door GTI, nice badges considering GTI's are 2 doors.
 
BlazinXtreme
A four door GTI, nice badges considering GTI's are 2 doors.

In Europe Volkswagen does sell five-door GTIs, as well as AWD Jettas, both of which they would be wise to bring over here, in my view.
 
The insurance is £670 fully comp, I'm 21 with 2 years no claims bonus.
:o

Damn that's good. Nice ride, hope you track day it atleast once 👍
 
M5Power
In Europe Volkswagen does sell five-door GTIs, as well as AWD Jettas, both of which they would be wise to bring over here, in my view.


Alright because I checked the German VW site and couldn't find any. Might have just overlooked it though.
 
Maybe they don't sell it in Germany - he's British - but I bet they do. I'm certain they sell it in the UK.
 
Yeah, certainly available in the UK. The example of the MkV that EVO magazine tested was a five-door.
 
Duke
Where's the GTPlanet sign?

I'll pop out in a minute with my camera and get a front shot.

I'm in the UK and over here they produced the GTI 1.8 20v Turbo in 3 and 5 door. I had one problem with the car but is was only minor. The car was juddering in low revs and seemed to hold back. I had a look on a few VW Golf forums and it turned out to be the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor. I had that replaced which cost around £95. There are a few stone chips around the car which I'm going to get touched up.

Apart from that the car runs well, has low mileage for a VW Golf at 67,000 miles and also comes with a VW Full Service History.


ExigeExcel
Nice ride, hope you track day it atleast once

There are a few tracks a short drive away from me like Silverstone, Donnington, but I don't think I have the guts to take it round a track.
 
Sup 4 door VW owning buddy.

67,000 miles, not bad. I know this is a bit nosey but what insurance company are you using? Although you do have two years no claims I suppose.
 
Race Idiot
Sup 4 door VW owning buddy.

67,000 miles, not bad. I know this is a bit nosey but what insurance company are you using? Although you do have two years no claims I suppose.

I'm using elephant.co.uk. I only got this car because I turned 21 in February and my insurance went down dramatically, I'm talking about nearly £400 cheaper.
 
pimpin_t
I'm using elephant.co.uk. I only got this car because I turned 21 in February and my insurance went down dramatically, I'm talking about nearly £400 cheaper.

What? I'm on elephant as well, i'm 22 and I drive a crappy polo. My insurance comes to about £1000 something, although it's because i've got no no claims I suppose and I live in London.
 
Race Idiot
What? I'm on elephant as well, i'm 22 and I drive a crappy polo. My insurance comes to about £1000 something, although it's because i've got no no claims I suppose and I live in London.

Yeh living in London usually pushes the Premium up. The no claims bonus does help aswell.

Just got the gtplanet.net sign next to the car.




Here's a pic of the dash, bit blurred because my girlfriend took it. :)

 
pimpin_t
Yeh living in London usually pushes the Premium up. The no claims bonus does help aswell.

Just got the gtplanet.net sign next to the car.




Here's a pic of the dash, bit blurred because my girlfriend took it. :)

:lol: I trusted you the first time! Mostly I was just busting your chops because of Der Alta's thread in the Rumble Strip. Good job though!
👍
 
Duke
:lol: I trusted you the first time! Mostly I was just busting your chops because of Der Alta's thread in the Rumble Strip. Good job though!
👍

:)

I thought I had better do it anyway. 👍
 
Back