My personal thoughts about the Subaru VIZIV VGT

Poland
Opole, Poland
MagicMikePL
First of all I would like to say that I don't write much around here, mostly I just read and keep all the comments to myself. A silent, polite member of the community. But I just did a couple of laps in Subarus VGT and I'm genuinely disappointed with the car. And I don't blame PoDi (or should I...?). One might say 'what are you talking about Mike, the car's great! It sounds awesome and goes like a stabbed rat!'. Just bear with me ok? Firstly the thing that matters most: bloody handling. One of my favorite makers made a car that is front wheel drive! Just to add insult to the injury it also understeers like a pig. I do not know who in Subaru is responsible for this but he should at least explain what he had in mind because Subarus are rather good in the handling department. But that's not all. The other thing is the styling. I have never seen something so uninspired yet borrowing so much from other cars. The grill for example reminds me very strongly of Hyundai Coupe each time I see it. The whole shape of the body and the wheels seem like have been taken from GT by Citroën. It is especially noticeable when looking at the side of the car when it's in orange. Don't get me wrong. The Subaru's gallery view is breathtaking, very well done. Also I love the game and the recent additions and I wouldn't be writing such a rant if it would be another manufacturer. But it is Subaru and a half-butt job just won't do. In this case Toyota is still IMHO the best VGT so far. The most useful and the best sounding.

Feel free to disagree and to tell me what do you think. Also all of these opinions are stricly mine, so do not take it too seriously.

I'm fairly sure its 4WD, not an FF.
Its just a typical, powerful 4WD car, accelerating hard out of the corners but really doesn't like turning while doing so, tyres can only deal with so much energy after all. With a grippier set of tyres and a tiny bit of TDCD/LSD tuning this thing will be a great car to drive

Well i think the front wheels are connected to the engine but the rear ones may be powered by some kind of electric motor or motors. Nevertheless it drives like no other Subaru ever did in GT and that's not a compliment

Back