My prize car experience at Seattle Endurance

  • Thread starter Thread starter gumpy
  • 20 comments
  • 1,342 views
Messages
1,119
No theories just fact. I want to win the F1 car at the Seattle Endurance. Lets see how long it takes.

Seattle Endurance

24/2/2003 Race 1
Car used: Polyphony 001 (Red)
Racing style: Take it easy
Pit: every 7 laps
Margin: 8 laps
Prize: Tommy Kaira

24/2/2003 Race 2
Car used: Polyphony 001 (Red)
Racing style: As quick as I can go
Pit: every 7 laps
Margin: 10 laps
Prize: Tommy Kaira

24/2/2003 Race 3
Car used: Polyphony 001 (Red)
Racing style: Who cares
Pit: whenever
Margin: 8 laps ?
Prize: Tommy Kaira
 
:D HI gumpy,
Good Luck in your quest. I've won this enduro in everything from a Mazda Miata to a Cobra to a ZZII and I think ONCE I received a prize car OTHER than a ZZII. (It's a good thing I like'em eh???) Am planning to try it soon, (maybe tomorrow if the Sleet arrives on schedule) w/my trusty Vitz/Yaris. Will let you know which prize car the computer "Randomly Picks"...UB57
:D
 
i won the f1 car on my first attempt at this race. Now I want to win all the colors of the ZZII, but I have only won that car once.
 
I have plenty of colours you can have.

I have sold quite a few of them but have kept a black, yellow, blue and red.

What car did you use when you won the F1 car ?
 
thanks for the offer regarding the ZZII, but I have no way of buying them from you. I dont have an x-port or any other device for my ps2.

When I won the F1 car, I think I used a FO90/S that I had won from the super speedway endurance.
 
I got the Tommy Kaira twice and then I got the F1. The Tommy Kaira is pretty sweet, nice looking, fast, dependable, tunable. I like all the vars I've won.

-Sam
 
To those who have won the F1 car can you remember your winning margin ?

The pattern in my attempts is that close races are rewarded with Nismo, medium victories by Panoz and large victories with Tommy Kaira. I hope this does not mean 11 lap or greater victory for F1 car.

I have won by 10 laps and still got the Tommy Kaira
 
Nope, I do believe it's random. I've won by just a lap or two and gotten the ZZII.
 
:D Hi gumpy,
Well the Sleet arrived as scheduled so I'm "Housebound" for a coupla days. Ran the Seattle Enduro w/Vitz, had lotsa fun, won by almost a minute & was rewarded w/F-1 Car. Don't know what this does for the theory. Details & replay on file for anyone interested, won't do another Write-Up on this race...UB57
:irked:
 
I hate this game.

25/2/2003 Race 1
Seattle Endurance
Car used: Polyphony 002 (Purple)
Racing style: As quick as I can but setup needs more work
Pit: every 6 laps
Margin: 7 laps
Prize: Polyphony 002 colour !@#$%%^&^*() Purple

I realised that we win so many Tommy Kairas because there is not one up for grabs but at least 6 because of the colours.

So my experiment has lead me to believe
it is random

I also ran the Super Speedway Endurance with a Camaro SS and won the red 001 car which I already had but I like it so I will keep it for the F1 series.

I will keep this thread updated with my endurance races but with fewer facts. My goal is to win the different colours of the F1 cars.

Here is the start:

Seattle - Tommy Kaira (Black)
Seattle - Tommy Kaira (Red)
Seattle - Tommy Kaira (Yellow)
Seattle - Polyphony 002 (Purple)
Speedway - Polyphony 001 (Red)
Roadster - MX5 VR Limited
Rome - Zonda (EDIT added this line 26/2/2003)
Rome - Zonda (EDIT added 27/2/2003)
Rome - Polyphony 002 (Blue) EDIT added 28/2/2003
 
I won a black f090 today on my first try..did Super Speedway Enduro with a Ford GT-One road car.
 
Whoa man, took people long enough to believe that it is random...
seriously, theres no point trying this, it's proven that it's random!
 
I raced the Super Speedway Endurance 5 times and the first 3 times I won the F090/S. I think it's random though, I won the F1 my first try at Seattle. :]
 
Originally posted by halfracedrift
Whoa man, took people long enough to believe that it is random...
seriously, theres no point trying this, it's proven that it's random!

I had not seen evidence before just opinions.

Because I am taking a break from Vitz and S License I had nothing better to do. I have heard all the theories from random to stand on your nose and race left handed and all that jazz and got frustrated when I kept winning Tommy Kairas so decided that instead of listening to one side or the other I would experiment.

I now wonder no longer.

IT IS RIGGED

Only joking.

Now it will probably take me 6 months to prove that you can only get half the colours in endurance races and the others you win in the Pro series and for 100% completion etc LOL

I know, I know get a life and an S license and stop whinging.
 
man don't worry about this stuff and just play the game, and have fun :)
 
heh.. trust me gumpy, if there was a way to "choose" your car, it would have been known for a long time by now, cuz gt3 has been out for quite a while
 
Originally posted by halfracedrift
heh.. trust me gumpy, if there was a way to "choose" your car, it would have been known for a long time by now, cuz gt3 has been out for quite a while

On the one hand my experience tells me to believe you.

But the first time I did the Endurance races I didn't care what I won so I wasn't taking any notice (I won an F1 car first up so I could handle winning garbage after that).

It is really only this Seattle experience and one hassle I had trying to win the Subaru in Gran Turismo All Stars (this was the last car that I had to win and took me about 10 restarts from the saved game to win it) that would have made me think anything other than random.

I have only had the game since Christmas so have not had a huge amount of experience with it.

I must confess I have tried Direction keys, X, L1, R1 changing my quit point in the last race (this is how I won the Subaru) and guess what the evidence is here. It works 1 in 4 goes LOL.

There are enough people saying "I can win what I want by pressing X." It is very easy to be sucked in by them.

I should probably get stuck into the S License tests for a while as this will open up more F1 opportunities. And will open up less Divorce opportunities. That is of course until the Formula GT Championship.

All up awesome game and if I could have picked my prize cars I would have finished with it by now.
 
:D Hi gumpy,
Well you satisfied your curiosity, NO??? That's something anyway. Don't get too worked up over the F-1 Series, the Vitz races are more challenging. IMO the F-1 Series is the second biggest disappointment of the game :irked: (Right behind CIRCULAR Rallye Stages!!!) They are LONG & time consuming however. Thanx for a "Thought Provoking" thread...UB57
:D
 
Here is an update

Seattle - Tommy Kaira Black
Seattle - Tommy Kaira Red
Seattle - Tommy Kaira Yellow
Seattle - Polyphony 002 Purpl)
Speedway - Polyphony 001 Red
Roadster - MX5 VR Limited
Rome - Zonda
Rome - Zonda
Rome - Polyphony 002 Blue
Grand Valley - Spoon Race Car (edit 2/3/2003)
Speedway - Clio Race Car (edit 2/3/2003)
Grand Valley - Imprezza LM Race Car (edit 3/3/2003)
Speedway - Polyphony 001 Blue (edit 3/3/2003)
Grand Valley - Polyphony 001 Blue (edit 4/3/2003)
Seattle - Tommy Kaira White (edit 4/3/2003)
Seattle - Tommy Kaira Blue (edit 5/3/2003)
Laguna - Polyphony 002 Blue (edit 7/3/2003)
Trial Mountain - Mine's Skyline (edit 10/3/2003)
Seattle - Polyphony 002 Blue (edit 10/3/2003)
Speedway - Polyphony 001 Blue (edit 10/3/2003)
Trial Mountain - Mine's Skyline (edit 10/3/2003)
Seattle - Nismo (edit 11/3/2003)
Speedway - Clio (edit 11/3/2003)
Trial Mountain - Pol001 Blue (12/3/2003)
SSR 11 - Arta NSX (13/3/2003)
SSR 11 - Camaro Race Car (16/3/2003)

EDIT below - ordered by race

Grand Valley - Spoon Race Car (edit 2/3/2003)
Grand Valley - Imprezza LM Race Car yellow (edit 3/3/2003)
Grand Valley - Polyphony 001 Blue (edit 4/3/2003)
Seattle - Tommy Kaira Black
Seattle - Tommy Kaira Red
Seattle - Tommy Kaira Yellow
Seattle - Polyphony 002 Purple
Seattle - Tommy Kaira White (edit 4/3/2003)
Seattle - Tommy Kaira Blue (edit 5/3/2003)
Seattle - Polyphony 002 Blue (edit 10/3/2003)
Seattle - Nismo (edit 11/3/2003)
Laguna - Polyphony 002 Blue (edit 7/3/2003)
Rome - Zonda
Rome - Zonda
Rome - Polyphony 002 Blue
Trial Mountain - Mine's Skyline (edit 10/3/2003)
Trial Mountain - Mine's Skyline (edit 10/3/2003)
Trial Mountain - Polyphony 001 Blue (12/3/2003)
SSR 11 - Arta NSX (13/3/2003)
SSR 11 - Camaro Race Car (16/3/2003)
Roadster - MX5 VR Limited
Speedway - Polyphony 001 Red
Speedway - Clio Race Car (edit 2/3/2003)
Speedway - Polyphony 001 Blue (edit 3/3/2003)
Speedway - Polyphony 001 Blue (edit 10/3/2003)
Speedway - Clio white (edit 11/3/2003)
 
Back