My PS3 freezes with 1.10

  • Thread starter Thread starter Viking63ef
  • 14 comments
  • 2,727 views
Messages
28
Messages
Viking63ef
Anyone else have this problem after the latest updates? I updated both the PSN update and the GT5 update. Now I have problem that my GT5 freezes and nothing happens. It happens every now and then when I try to move from one screen to another, entering or exiting a lobby etc. The HDD indicator is fixed which should mean the Harddisk is constantly working. This happens after maybe 1 hour of driving or more.
I have tried to clear the cache but that doesnt seem to help
 
Hi Viking I am having the same problem. Lots of screen freezing and slow loading of screens in online play. It sometime takes up to 5 mins to load my garage if it loads at all. I think it has something to do with the number of cars I have in my garage and how many people are in the room. I have 1,138 cars in my garage. I have a second account with 110 cars in it and it seems to do fine. So what I am thinking is the more cars you have the longer it takes to load and sometimes it just freezes and don't load at all. So whats the point in having collected all cars in game if it makes that account frustrating to use online.
 
My kids are having this issue.

As well some how they deleted their game save. Both claim to have not been messing with game saves. Lucky them I had sent some stuff 8 days prior and had a back up. :) wonder if the freeze up is affecting saves?


The freezing is unacceptable. New at Christmas unit.
 
I was having minor freezing and screen loading issues after the latest update .... I deleted all my preinstalled files then reinstalled them (options menu). Restarted the GT5 and I have not had any issues since. Took about an hour total. I have done this after both of the "major" GT5 updates to fix minor issues and it worked both times.

I'm not saying this is a solution for everyone having problems, but it worked for me.
 
Does anyone know if these issues are model specific or not?

I've got a 40Gb Fat PS3 without problems & freezing whatsoever...
 
i have the same problem too, it loads to the main menu and i select gt mode, and thats when it freezes trying to load, i can't play GT5 anymore!!
 
Well the thing is that I can play and it all works fine and then suddenly it just goes bananas and nothing happens. Have to restart the game and then it is OK again
 
Viking63ef
Well the thing is that I can play and it all works fine and then suddenly it just goes bananas and nothing happens. Have to restart the game and then it is OK again

My kids acts that way. They play other games (online and offline) with no issues. GT5 will work fine then freeze. Usually online is when it happens. It also started after the recent update.

Mine, knock in wood, is working fine. Maybe one freeze a week. If that.
 
mine only freezes online, and it does happen fairly often when entering my garage or trying to enter/leave the room. Sometimes it'll fix itself after 10-15 minutes of waiting, but most of the time it needs to be restarted.
 
Same here I have 1400 cars and I can't even think about loading them online.
 
Try clearing the Cache.

I have cleared the cache I do that every time I load my game but it still is slow at loading the garage when online play is being used. I also noticed it is slow at letting you exit a room. I play Dirt-2 online with no problems at all every thing loads very fast.
 
Its probably because of update 1.10, a lot of people are reporting freezing problems, especially online..
 
Might be your net connection.

I don't think it is my net connection because all other racing games I play online have no problems. The only problem is with GT5 after the last update
 
Back