My PS3 suddently began to load soooo slow.. what to do?

• Thread starter Greisen
  • 23 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Greisen
Hey guys.

Earlier today my PS3 suddently began to load extremely slow. Now i takes up to 30 mins to load a GT5 game. I never let my ps3 stay on for an entire night or so. What should i do?

It's the old fat PS3 40 GB. Bought it 5 days after the release.. Please dont pass away dear little PS3 :( :( :(

What is the specs of your ps3? (as in gigs left) You can also try to remove unnecessary stuff like your music, pics, and other stuff.

Got a new PS3 slim 320 GB a couple of days ago, and got rid of my 40 GB fat. Loading time on the new one is almost uneblievable fast :)

You should try to delete some data or buy a bigger HDD. If you buy a new PS3, it is easy to copy eeverything to your new one

Hmm okay. Was also wondering how long the garante is on the PS3? But if i got to the shop with it then they might say that it can be repaired and i have to wait a month or so right?

Could it be that your hard drive is completely full?
It should always have a bit free space, around 4GB.

I feel ya man.Mine is a slim model,plenty of space,cache cleared,re-installed data,never abused,latest software version and on or off PSN it does the same nonsense.

Remembers me NFS Underground 2 for PS2. It worked, but it had to reload every 100m, cause there was just a black nothing. Another 100m driven, reload....(repeating)

The problem occurs when you are signed in PSN and usually when you have a slow internet connection.Try to load and play the game without being signed in and you'll see a huge difference :)

It's either the Sony servers, or run out of space on your PS3, mine is not doing it anymore when it was really bad over the last week. That's either because the servers are now better or because I deleted a lot of things off my PS3. Out of interest how much free space do you have?

It's odd. After 1.10, loading up GT5 with my main account takes about 5-6 minutes. With my second account it just takes a minute or two.

And yes, I have 200 GB free, and I have cleared the cache, and reinstalled the game.

It's odd. After 1.10, loading up GT5 with my main account takes about 5-6 minutes. With my second account it just takes a minute or two.

And yes, I have 200 GB free, and I have cleared the cache, and reinstalled the game.

I have had the account differences too. But..
The issue I was talking about being fixed was the in game slowness, like your in a room before a race and you want to change a car setting, it takes 30 seconds to load settings screen, then you want to move cursor to suspension, it takes 1 minute to open suspension, each and every action takes an absolute age to process, and you don't even have control over cursor or even you can not exit while it's waiting all buttons are unresponsive. It's some kind of error going on.

yea gt5 load times suck massively i have 780 something cars and it takes about 3-5 minutes to load my 500 standards in online and i have an insanly fast and reliable internet connection

yea gt5 load times suck massively i have 780 something cars and it takes about 3-5 minutes to load my 500 standards in online and i have an insanly fast and reliable internet connection

I have almost a thousand cars in my standard tab and I don't dare to open it online in a room bigger than five people. It has taken up to ten minutes before to select a car out of this tab. Never had problems before the last update. Pleanty of free gigs in my hard drive and have reset everything possible. Just hope the next update fixes it.

Have you checked the file size for your GT save? My main account is at 3 meg and load time is noticeably slower. I think it's related to the size of your garage.

Have you checked the file size for your GT save? My main account is at 3 meg and load time is noticeably slower. I think it's related to the size of your garage.

I would think so as well, my main account has about 950 cars, and it's 2,5 MB I think. But this issue wasn't here at all in 1.09 as far as I noticed.

Maybe I should start deleting cars once I get the 1000 cars trophy?

But the garage amount can't be the reason, because the fault has only just happened in the last week or so. I had loads of cars before and loads now, the game went from being fine to being unplayable, freezing/crashing. If having big garage is an issue then it is only because there is some other new fault causing it.

It was ok when that update came in also.
I'm not sure why everyone has not got this problem.
It might be to do with time and locations.

I dont know if it does it with other games cause at the moment im only playing GT5. But it dont think its the internet cause it really is fast. I dont have so much free space on my PS3. Might maybe be an idea to delete some data. But its just a 40gb so i havent got so much space to deal with if i still want to play more than 1 game :D

How do u clean it for dust?

Back