My PSN Friends List Says It All

  • Thread starter Thread starter VBR
  • 20 comments
  • 1,461 views

VBR

Tatakae!
Premium
Messages
7,948
England
London
Back in the days of GT5 Prologue & GT5, everyone on my friends list played pretty much nothing else but Gran Turismo. It was very rare when scrolling through them to find anyone playing another game, when I did I was surprised. Also, there were many more people on PSN much of the time.

Since GT6 has launched, my friends list has quietened down considerably, & I've noticed that out of those who are on, more of them are playing other games. Only a handful of people are on GT6, & even less are playing it regularly.

My friends list is inadvertently giving PD some feedback!

What's your friends list saying?


👍
 
Not many playing. I do see people on GT6 but for an hour or so then off, whereas in GT5 it would be hours on hours and play nothing but GT5. Now, for the most part, people on my list are either playing something else or just using their PS3 for Netflix or other video services.

I've even slowed down, I'm only on maybe 2 days a week for an hour or so (if that) where as in GT5 I'd be on for 8 hours at a time every spare chance I got. Most of this is due to lack of community in the game, I feel so alone (:lol:) and the public lobbies feel so sterile. I liked checking my friends stats and whatnot in GT5, it was nice to see what everyone was up to and drop them a message once in a while, not to mention borrow a car or even gift it. I really like the idea of seeing my friends times and lines in GT6 but I need more interaction. This is the game breaker for me.

EDIT: Sorry for the ramblings :lol:, just got off of work and I'm out of it.
 
@Bluntified - All good points. 👍 PD have really killed the online community with GT6.
 
VBR
@Bluntified - All good points. 👍 PD have really killed the online community with GT6.

I just saw your post in another thread and you're right, this game has become nothing more than an occasional drive.
 
I always check when I am on my PS3 on how many are playing GT6 I can tell you this there are only a few playing GT6 and the rest they are playing other games. Before GT6 came out there where over 20 people playing GT5 but since GT6 came out their are only 3 or 4 playing GT6 and the rest are playing other games.
 
Same here. Many of my friends list is leftover from GT5, many are very talented drivers and few are ever online. Seeing Zero friends online is not unusual, 1 or 2 is typical, 3 is unusual, can't remember ever seeing 4. I had high hopes for GT6 online, new community features I thought would revolutionize online in the game. Very disappointing. By the time they do roll out any new features for online, it'll be too late no matter how good it is.
 
Many of my friends list is leftover from GT5, many are very talented drivers and few are ever online.

Similarly, the only people on my friends list are clean & honourable racers I've met in Gran Turismo over the years, I don't play any other games & have added no one else. That's a really sad indicator of the state of affairs regarding the online component of this game. Seeing as the online is pretty much dead, I wonder if some are playing it without signing in?
 
Last edited:
Everyone I know who plays racing games in my friends list is playing GTA Online of all things. Including me. Joined a nice, friendly and clean-racing crew and had 10x more fun than I've recently had with GT. I can't believe it!

Senna content will bring me back for a time. How long that time is depends on what else has been changed in the associated update. Can't speak for my friends though. I think most of them are done with GT6, judging by the comments over their names... I'm sure you can imagine some of them.
 
All of my friends are GT addicts. I do still see a lot on GT6. More so than GT5 in fact.
 
By the time they do roll out any new features for online, it'll be too late no matter how good it is.

This is my main concern, new features start rolling out but it becomes too late and people have forgotten about the game and don't return.
 
About 95% of my friends list has GT and I believe I have about 90 friends currently and barely any play GT6 at the moment, mostly GTA V on mine apart from a few people who play GT6 all the time. I remember I used to play GT loads of hours but now I can barely by bothered to go online and it's generally 2 hours max if nothing is boring.
 
all my friends list is is a bunch of little kids that play cod i met wheb i was ten
 
Caught one of my die-hard GT series fan mates playing Little Big Planet a few nights ago.



He hasn't got any children.
Does he by any chance partake in the practise of inhaling certain types of burning horticulture? :lol:
 
He's probably the only one on my friends list who's never done it! Let's just say, he's never been online on a Sunday morning,,,
 
From around 80 people that I met in GT5P and GT5 times, only around 10 played GT6 in the first few weeks and only play it rarely.

Some haven't logged in for months, even a whole year in some cases. I also have a few Youtubers on my friends list. Slap Train for example, mainly a Forza and drifting channel, he came over to GT5 last year, he did a bunch of videos and went back to Forza despite making an announcement and everything on how excited he was for the game.

He regularly played other games on his brand new PS3 and made playthroughs, then GT6 came out, he did a few videos and he completely gave up on the game abd the system alltogether.

With such a popular channel, I thought I was gonna get deleted from his friends list after a few weeks of me not logging in but to my surprise, he had been offline for months. Only a few days ago, he announced that he's coming back but I can already see him dropping it again.
 
I've added some folk in recent months due to other racing games, and to my surprise if there are 2 or 3 of them online it's mostly GT6 i see.

Dedicated people I must say :D
 
game is horrible. buggy and still sounds like im driving vacuum cleaners around a race track. over promised under delivered, too little too late. only hope for the gt series is if another developer made gt7 and not PD
 
Back