my quest for 300mph club!!

• Thread starter SauberMerc
  • 8 comments
Hi im new to forum. My name is Karl and i come from Dunedin New Zealand. I'm 19years old and love to game. In my quest to join the 300+mph club i ran into trouble using the 'Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car, Early on i could only get it to max out at 290mph using NOS. But when i realized how the transmission worked i started to tamper with it. I put the ratio at 25 and try'ed that with changing the down force a lot and spring rate and NOS power. But was still just shy of the BIG 300mph. I was clocking in at about 298mph using nos. Then i saw that gear ratios change with changing them upwards from 17 through to 25. So i left it at 25 and played around with them and what do you know i hit 302mph first attempt. I then changed them again and i hit 310mph!!!. So i thought i was getting a bit too good and played with them again and just 5minutes ago i hit 321.82mph. I will take a photo and upload it with this post. I'm going to try and get it up to 350mph. I'm hoping i will but no promises.

If you have any question just ask me ill try to help you out.

kindest regards
Saubermerc/Karl

Edit: Here's the photo: http://yfrog.com/5nme008j

Last edited:
Hi Karl.

Welcome to :gtplanet: 👍
You were required when you registered here to agree to abide by our Acceptable Use Policy, though you probably just skipped past it judging by this attempt at a thread.

Put simply your standard of English doesn't match our high posting standards here, and as a native of an English speaking country, you've not really got a good excuse. 👎

Out of 22 sentences in your post above, only 2 actually began with a capital letter, you didn't even capitalise your own name, and your post is littered with uncapitalised "I"s and "txt" speak such as "im" & "ill" instead of "I'm" & "I'll".

Bear in mind that this is a requirement, not a request:

AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

and post with it in mind at all times throughout this site.

Consider this a friendly "heads-up" of our site rules, and make the necessary improvements when you post here in future or staff action may be required.
This is a site about a racing game, however, there's no race to post and no reward for posting quickly, and simply no excuse for laziness.
Also think about proof-reading your posts before you hit the submit button to see if they make sense, "than I changed them again and wow I hit 310mph!!!" (it should be Then, not "than") and use a spellchecker to avoid mistakes like "relised" and "prmises".

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I'll use proper grammar from now on, I usually just skim read over rule's and tend to forget some things. I'll take more aware of posting and take my time from now on. Sorry for my horrible post.

Regards
saubermerc/Karl.

Hi Karl.

Put simply your standard of English doesn't match our high posting standards here, and as a native of an English speaking country, you've not really got a good excuse.

Hi I just noticed what you said here about my country being a native "English" speaking country, Sorry to burst your bubble but my native language is "Maori" which is not English. Just thought I would point that out to you. I don't like to use the English language because it is lazy in my opinion. I tend to use Maori, Around my friends and Family. I look at what you say here kind of insulting to me, But i won't take it personally this time.

By the way look at what you say and proof read it before posting. this does not make sense to me. Put simply your standard of English doesn't match our high posting standards here,

Kindest Regards
Saubermerc/Karl.

Last edited:
Hi I just noticed what you said here about my country being a native "English" speaking country, Sorry to burst your bubble but my native language is "Maori" which is not English. Just thought I would point that out to you. I don't like to use the English language because it is lazy in my opinion. I tend to use Maori, Around my friends and Family. I look at what you say here kind of insulting to me, But i won't take it personally this time.
He said that you were a native of an English speaking country, ie you belong to an English spaeking country. 98% of New Zealanders speak English, 4.2% speak Maori. That makes New Zealand an Engish speaking country.

He didn't make any reference to native languages.

He said that you were a native of an English speaking country, ie you belong to an English spaeking country. 98% of New Zealanders speak English, 4.2% speak Maori. That makes New Zealand an Engish speaking country.

He didn't make any reference to native languages.

History lesson number 1: before Europe decided to take over Our country it was Maori speaking only. We did not know the English language, Nor did we know there was such a language. I tend to disagree with you on this subject. I don't mind either way... I was just making a point. Yes most Maori speak English but who ever said any of us liked it. I don't mean to speak on behalf of all of the Maori but i do pride myself on my heritage etc etc... Anyway can we get back to the main subject of my thread?

Regards
Saubermerc/Karl

By the way look at what you say and proof read it before posting. this does not make sense to me. Put simply your standard of English doesn't match our high posting standards here,

A couple of minor points.

First, if you're going to direct other users to do something, you're wearing the wrong badge. You need to be wearing one that says "Moderator", "Super Moderator" or "Administrator" and, for the life of me, I can't see it.

Secondly, if you're going to direct other users to proof-read before they post, it's helpful if you do it to your own posts and don't pull them up on things that don't make sense to you even though they are quite correct.

By the way, look at what you say and proof read it before posting. This does not make sense to me: "Put simply your standard of English doesn't match our high posting standards here,"

Hope this helps 👍

History lesson number 1: before Europe decided to take over Our country it was Maori speaking only. We did not know the English language, Nor did we know there was such a language. I tend to disagree with you on this subject.

CIA World Factbook lesson number 1: New Zealand's official languages are English, Maori and New Zealand Sign Language. This makes you, a native of New Zealand, a native of an English-speaking country. Just like Smallhorses said.

You may disagree if you wish, but you are factually incorrect. New Zealand is an English-speaking country as it includes English amongts its official languages. You are a native of it.

I was just making a point.

Unnecessarily, badly and incorrectly.

Anyway can we get back to the main subject of my thread?

That rather depends on you. If you wish to continue having a little strop because you think someone insulted you when they didn't, then no. If, on the other hand, you take the advice on board - and remember, the moderator could quite easily have just hit you up some Infraction Points and carried on with his day rather than taking the time to remind you of the rules you skimmed over - then yes.

Last edited:
Hi im new to forum. My name is Karl and i come from Dunedin New Zealand. I'm 19years old and love to game. In my quest to join the 300+mph club i ran into trouble using the 'Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car, Early on i could only get it to max out at 290mph using NOS. But when i realized how the transmission worked i started to tamper with it. I put the ratio at 25 and try'ed that with changing the down force a lot and spring rate and NOS power. But was still just shy of the BIG 300mph. I was clocking in at about 298mph using nos. Then i saw that gear ratios change with changing them upwards from 17 through to 25. So i left it at 25 and played around with them and what do you know i hit 302mph first attempt. I then changed them again and i hit 310mph!!!. So i thought i was getting a bit too good and played with them again and just 5minutes ago i hit 321.82mph. I will take a photo and upload it with this post. I'm going to try and get it up to 350mph. I'm hoping i will but no promises.

kindest regards
Saubermerc/Karl

kindest regards
Saubermerc/Karl

I was able to break the 500mph barrier with a Lancia Stratos (don't ask how) (its hacked

Im in the 4000+ club now
Hacked car? (I couldnt even reach 1000 with mine)

Latest Posts

Back