Australia
Hi all, new to forum..........

Just wanted to show u all my Racing setup that a friend and I made

DSCF3872-1.jpg

DSCF3873-1.jpg

DSCF3875-1.jpg

DSCF3874-1.jpg

Hey, welcome, nice setup.
How exactly you connect the buttkicker? Is it worth it with GT5P?

Nicely done I can see you studied the playseat design for your inspiration. A very professional looking job.

2 questions:

how much for the kicker

where did you get the kicker

There is a vertical pole under the seat that the buttkicker is supose to attached to. Does it work better attached to the horizontal bar and does the frame rattle off the floor when it's working?

There is a vertical pole under the seat that the buttkicker is supose to attached to. Does it work better attached to the horizontal bar and does the frame rattle off the floor when it's working?

I find it works better on the horizontal bar and no the frame dosn't rattle but it absorbs all the vibration quite good.

If anything I made it too sturdy.........

I find it works better on the horizontal bar and no the frame dosn't rattle but it absorbs all the vibration quite good.

If anything I made it too sturdy.........

The Buttkicker Gamer is a bit larger than I thought it was. I have the BKA300 wireless Buttkicker which in size is between the Gamer and the larger LFE that they make. I might recommend that you get the Rubber Isolators to install under your cockpit, they will keep the vibration in the chair and no loss to the floor. They are the RI-K28 Isolators, just a recommendation. Here is the Link:

http://www.buttkickergear.com/product_p/ri-k28.htm

I now run the buttkicker off the sub out port on my 5.1 Sony receiver. This pic is kinda old, so at the time I had it connected via audio out on my tv

Is there a noticeable difference in using the subwoofer out, or the 2 stereo plugs?

The Buttkicker Gamer is a bit larger than I thought it was. I have the BKA300 wireless Buttkicker which in size is between the Gamer and the larger LFE that they make. I might recommend that you get the Rubber Isolators to install under your cockpit, they will keep the vibration in the chair and no loss to the floor. They are the RI-K28 Isolators, just a recommendation. Here is the Link:

http://www.buttkickergear.com/product_p/ri-k28.htm

Thanks for the tip.......I will have get me some of those

massive difference

How? Is the shake time different?

With the new ps3 firmware(3.0) it's possible to use optical and stereo output at the same time, wich means i can hook up a buttkicker gamer to the stereo output, and still have 5.1 surround trough optical.

Don't know if you can hook up a buttkicker to the Logitech z-5500 sound system because it has no subwoofer out.

Hey, I remember these! You posted these on the US PS forums a while back, I commented about the dead baby on the background.

Very nice setup.

cockpitmod.jpg
[/IMG]
I just bought a G25 so now I need to make a bracket of some sort to mount the gear shifter onto the area of the frame circled in pic............

I have looked at the playseat evo gear shift adapter, but I think it would be to short, because my seat sits higher than the evo. Even though my cockpit was designed based on the playseat evo

Last edited:
My G25 arrived this week and I must say racing is a whole new experience now compared to the DFP........

Before I even tried it out I had to make a bracket out of steel to mount the 6 speed shifter onto my cockpit. (still has to be painted)

And I modded the shifter for more realistic resistance and got rid of the annoying clicking sound.

Here are some updated pics of my cockpit with the G25..............

original

original

original

original

original

Nice work, man. I see your PS3 sits on a very confined space. Doesn't it overheat? I have mine on my TV's stand as well but in a space easily 2.5 times as tall and a bit wider than the one your PS3 is right now, and the fans still kick in full power.

Last edited:
Nice work, man. I see your PS3 sits on a very confined space. Doesn't it overheat? I have mine on my TV's stand as well but in a space easily 2.5 times as tall and a bit wider than the one your PS3 is right now, and the fans still kick in full power.

its has a decent sized gap to the right of it

no it dosnt over heat, i think there is sufficient airflow

Just a quick question about the Buttkicker why dont people just use a sub if it gets hooked up to the sub output, it would be alot cheaper then $150 AUD.

I wouldn't say so. Well, if you're not familiar with buttkickers, it basically just converts the low frequency sounds (bass) into vibrations. The vibrations the buttkicker can produce is not comparable to any medium sized sub, or anything larger for that matter (at least in a house room/home theater setup). I had mine maxed out and it was vibrating my whole room (or house)! :D And you don't really have to pay 150 dollars, i got a used set complete for just 40USD 👍

Back