My RX-7 Bathurst R Setup (The Mazda Chronicles)

• Thread starter TheMocoMan
  • 0 comments
United States
Virginia
TheMocoMan
My RX-7 Bathurst R Setup (The Mazda Chronicles)

For those that like to cut right to the chase:
==============================
Suspension:
Front Rear
SR 13.4 13.0
RH 89mm 92mm
SB 8 8
SR 8 8
CAM 2.0 2.0
TOE 0 0
STAB 7 7

Transmission:
Auto 13 Final 3.700
6th = 800

Brakes: 24/24
Tires: Racing Medium

Limited Slip Diff:
Front Rear
LImited Slip 15
Int Torq. (ACC) 45
Int Torq. (DEC) 60

ASM(Oversteer) 10
ASM(Understeer) 10
TCS 8
================================

The “Rare Used Cars” thread really got my interests going. After finding a WHITE used Type R Bathurst R I thought I found gold. Just throwing every mod on it won’t make it a good car. But this thing has A LOT of potential, and for me, I’ve finally unleashed all of it.

For many of you “Pro” racers out there you’ll probably not want to bother with my setup or this thread for that matter. I actually think LSD and driving aids are very helpful - more like a necessity than an option. Real cars have these things so virtual cars should have/use them too. It’s still a video game and the physics engine and drive speeds are not even CLOSE on many of the cars in real life.

[Execute+batch routine=Soap.Box] My Toyota Camry LE V6 revs and shifts faster than many of stock cars in this game. My best friend has an RSX Type-S which we painstakingly compared it to and it’s been a let down. A co-worker of mine worships his 2002 Cooper-S which we drive daily to lunch and for the past 3 years gradually have tuned the hell out of it. Fully tuned Coopers in real life are unholy street shredders that should be outlawed. Their cornering and launch speed coming out of a turn are crazy wicked. I’m still trying to pay for this dental work! 

To treat this game as Precision Driving Simulation Reproduction is ludicrous. PD probably has a dozen or so blocks of code for how each car will handle. Their BEST batch of code for how a car handles seems to be given to all of the “LM” based cars. Any LM car can just wipe the floor against all the other cars it seems. They must really be mad at America because they’ve dedicated the junk code for all American cars. The Camaro LM is the only exception. [end batch routine< Soap.Box]

The RX-7 LM Race Car is the gold standard for which I strived to achieve. Not even the RE Amemiya (JGTC 04) car seemed worth a $#!+. ANYWAY – to make this Bathurst really shine a truck load of money is needed.

I threw every single mod into this thing. I purchased all the parts from RE Amemiya – the most important being the “Original Turbo”. Stage 3 weight reduction and a wing are the only things I skimped on. Shopping cart list…

Race Muffler / Port Polish / Engine Balance / Race Chip / N0S

*Original Turbo*

Full Custom Racing Suspension + Rigidity Refresher Plan & very important the Roll Cage (Increase Rigidity option)

For the drive train a Triple Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Carbon Driveshaft, and of course a Fully Custom transmission. Fully custom LSD is also very important.

| Suspension | After days spent tuning I found the Racing suspension to be superior to the Original.

Spring Rate = 13.4 / 13.0
Height = 89 / 92
Shock Bound = 8 / 8
Shock Rebound = 8 / 8
Camber = 2.0 / 2.0
Toe = 0/ 0
Stabilizers = 7 / 7

| Transmission | Absolute favorite aspect of this car! The torque is simply divine.

1st adjust the final RPM to a dead on 3,700 and THEN slide the Auto over to 13. 1st gear should be set at the default 3,345 and I only adjusted the final 6th gear to a vanilla 800. The result is just incredible power and the torque is just butter smooth with nil traction control issues. It just motors along like nothing. With the N0S set at 50 give her a little shot right after you shift into 6th and she’ll just glide with a redline at EXACTLY 200mph.

The power was never the issue with this car it’s the damn braking and understeer. I don’t know what I did but it’s pretty much GONE now. Instead it actually oversteers a little bit (which I prefer).

LSD:
60 &#61663; big time help

Driving Aids:
8 &#61663; big time help

Brakes
24/24 &#61663; Seems extreme but it’s nowhere near as profound of a shock like on a Ford GT 05. Putting the brakes that high on most cars totally screws them up but this RX-7 responds perfectly happy to this.

Tires: Racing Medium – PERIOD. This is probably the most significant thing you can do for this car. I can’t even bare to drive this thing on S2 tires.

In a nutshell what did it for this car was the roll cage, racing suspension over original, tires, and some serious LSD help.

On the track…

Everyone has a unique driving style and when you can find a person who shares your same driving style you’ve found gold (handgodofodin & Crash77 I’m missing you big time right now)

With this exact setup and tires this car just SLAPS other cars silly. The JGTC race is a joke, those poor cars can’t keep up, this thing just RIPS all over them. The Fuji Speedway 90’s is my test course and this baby lays it down. She also runs real nice at the Grand Valley and Midway. La Sarthe was a very pleasant surprise but the dreaded NUR… uhhh maybe not a good idea to race this sucker at the Nur. It’s damn sure not an M3! She’ll make short order of any race you put her in. The exception for me is Supercar Festival because of the tire restriction. The most amazing thing for me was that she’ll actually STAY WITH THE PACK against Le Mans GT Prototype cars!!! Anything else you enter her in it’s almost a dead lock to victory.

Back