My Sim Racing Cockpit

• Thread starter Eric W
  • 24 comments
United States
Massachusetts
AJ_Foyt_Racing
Here are a few pictures of my new sim racing cockpit. I bought the plans for it at Ricmotech. All-in-all it cost me around $100 to build it minus the G27 and seat.

SimCockpit001.jpg

SimCockpit002.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

Loving the reverse mounted pedals. Just out of curiosity how much were the plans? There are plans out there for free for a very similar cockpit.

The plans were only $30 which included full size templates and a detailed instruction manual. I had looked at some of the free templates and didn't see anything that I liked. I do still on either painting or perhaps wrapping the MDF with vinyl. The pedals are reverse mounted G27 pedals which was very easy to do. I did have to make a few modifications to get the shifter to fit properly and angle the pedals to my liking. It's almost perfect for me now. Also, what I like about this setup is that it is very solid and you don't feel any of the force feedback from the G27 shaking the monitor.

I was able to get most of it build in one weekend.

Do most people here prefer inverse mounted pedals? I'm looking at doing that myself, but before i spend the time and effort building some contraption i wonder if it would even be better? These are G27's that you removed the baseplate from correct? They almost look like clubsports!

My pedals are G27 pedals not Fanatech Clubsports. :)

I'm not sure if most people prefer reverse mounting the pedal or not but it does give the cockpit a more natural feel. It feels like I'm driving my car minus the actual feeling of moving, but I do plan on adding a Buttkicker to hopefully help immerse myself a little more into the game.

If you look at most vehicles you will notice that this is how the pedal assembly is mounted. It's so easy to do I can't imagine why more people wouldn't do it. It only took me a few minutes to disassemble the pedals and mount them.

Last edited:
Liking the design and work going on here.
Not so keen on the granda joe seat :)

With solid timber that thing would purr with a "Tactile" unit or two.

Look forward to seeing more mate, keep it up.

Liking the design and work going on here.
Not so keen on the granda joe seat :)

With solid timber that thing would purr with a "Tactile" unit or two.

Look forward to seeing more mate, keep it up.
The seat is a spare seat out of my Eclipse Spyder after I did an interior swap. I used it to keep costs down.

Nice Set up Eric! I like it, although I'm not that into the game and I'm under 18 so I don't really have a budget. I just play with my old controller ;). Man i got a 70's gold and black firebird seat in my garage that would look great on there

Back