• Thread starter Lotrzyna
  • 15 comments

Lotrzyna

Kryptonite Member
Premium
Poland
Poland
Lotrzyna
I should had started with day one but had no time - sorry ;)

I would like to begin with some questions so that everyone who starts to read this could replay before he gets bored with my post :)

Firs of all I'm a bit worried if FFB works properly in my wheel ... - when I play there is only slight resistance when I'm turning (FFB on 7 with simulation mode and "throwing my hands" to the side doesn't happen at all ...)- and there is this thing - 'INSIDE' the wheel something makes that 'skipping' sound and feeling - like when you "twist the thread" - you know - when you turning a bottle you turn, turn, turn and finally the thread skipps and you can turn again - I have a filling like some 'thread' skipped inside my wheel because it happens all the time ... - should it work like that ?

Is there any way to test if G27 works properly ?(apart from playing games :P)
It "calibrates"? when I turn it on and when I turn on and off games.

Apart from that I had few other things explained by Liz yesterday :) - thank you very much ;) - for example - shifters do not work in GT5P ? what the hell - they even work in GT4... :) clutch doesn't work in every car ?

BDW - how exactly can I do that fast gear change trick ?... :)

Now to the point.

G27 is cool :)

FFB is the only issue but I hope to have it explained (and will play on 10 from now on)

Pedals work amazingly
- before I even bought G27 I was looking for some pedals changers but now I know I wasted my time :) - gas pedal is very good, clutch is very good and break pedal is perfect :) I like how hard it works and how much harder than I thought all the pedals work.
Gear lever works very nice too.

For now I mounted the wheel to my old desk so there is no stability issue at all :)

My times are terrible, very, very, very bad .. - I decided to drive GTP registry combo and my best SIXAXIS time - R34 on Eiger - the latter being hard as hell on day 1 and 2...
Fuji combo - my best time with SIXAXIS was 1:56.xxx (I did not submit) and with the wheel so far I had something over 2 minutes (well I have forgot the exact time :) will have to update my post tomorrow (0.40AM in here).

R34 - too much turning for the beginning, but when I tried Daihatsu copen I was 5s slower than the online record :/ :P

I also tried that new WRC demo - leds on the wheel look cool and I hope GT5 has the same possibilities of setting up the wheel and pedals (linearity, dead zone) - it was fun playing it on the wheel whereas it was boring on sixaxis.

OK that would be it for first two days - any tips and tricks, on how to get better, welcome :)

PS: I am sorry for my poor grammar.

Last edited:
A fellow G27 owner I see. 👍

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself so far. I remember when I got my first wheel, it takes a lot to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, you'll never go back.

As far as the G27 "skipping" feeling, I know exactly what you mean. Mine doesn't do it all the time, but if I'm offroad and turning sharp, it may do it a few times. I think it is normal to do it a little bit, but if you're on the road and making a simple turn, it shouldn't do it.

Parker

Hi.

Thanks for your replay, appreciate it :)

I set FFB to 10 and still it is not strong - I will test it more in a moment with F12007 demo to see what happens.
Unfortunately that skipping thing happens a lot :/ will probably have to contact Logitech about it or try to find some exhibition of G27 wheel to test it and see if it is the same and I am only overreacting ...

I have a DF:GT. I also understand what you mean by the skipping feeling. My DFGT does it sometimes but then it goes away. It's an off and on thing it goes and comes back whenever it feels like it. Thats what I experience. Ohhh if you want to test the Force Feed back put at 10 and drive an f2007;)

I should had started with day one but had no time - sorry ;)

I would like to begin with some questions so that everyone who starts to read this could replay before he gets bored with my post :)

Firs of all I'm a bit worried if FFB works properly in my wheel ... - when I play there is only slight resistance when I'm turning (FFB on 7 with simulation mode and "throwing my hands" to the side doesn't happen at all ...)- and there is this thing - 'INSIDE' the wheel something makes that 'skipping' sound and feeling - like when you "twist the thread" - you know - when you turning a bottle you turn, turn, turn and finally the thread skipps and you can turn again - I have a filling like some 'thread' skipped inside my wheel because it happens all the time ... - should it work like that ?

Is there any way to test if G27 works properly ?(apart from playing games :P)
It "calibrates"? when I turn it on and when I turn on and off games.

Apart from that I had few other things explained by Liz yesterday :) - thank you very much ;) - for example - shifters do not work in GT5P ? what the hell - they even work in GT4... :) clutch doesn't work in every car ?

BDW - how exactly can I do that fast gear change trick ?... :)

Now to the point.

G27 is cool :)

FFB is the only issue but I hope to have it explained (and will play on 10 from now on)

Pedals work amazingly
- before I even bought G27 I was looking for some pedals changers but now I know I wasted my time :) - gas pedal is very good, clutch is very good and break pedal is perfect :) I like how hard it works and how much harder than I thought all the pedals work.
Gear lever works very nice too.

For now I mounted the wheel to my old desk so there is no stability issue at all :)

My times are terrible, very, very, very bad .. - I decided to drive GTP registry combo and my best SIXAXIS time - R34 on Eiger - the latter being hard as hell on day 1 and 2...
Fuji combo - my best time with SIXAXIS was 1:56.xxx (I did not submit) and with the wheel so far I had something over 2 minutes (well I have forgot the exact time :) will have to update my post tomorrow (0.40AM in here).

R34 - too much turning for the beginning, but when I tried Daihatsu copen I was 5s slower than the online record :/ :P

I also tried that new WRC demo - leds on the wheel look cool and I hope GT5 has the same possibilities of setting up the wheel and pedals (linearity, dead zone) - it was fun playing it on the wheel whereas it was boring on sixaxis.

OK that would be it for first two days - any tips and tricks, on how to get better, welcome :)

PS: I am sorry for my poor grammar.

I don't own a G27; but sir, you use far to many smileys. :dopey::dopey::dopey::dopey::dopey:

A fellow G27 owner I see. 👍

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself so far. I remember when I got my first wheel, it takes a lot to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, you'll never go back.

As far as the G27 "skipping" feeling, I know exactly what you mean. Mine doesn't do it all the time, but if I'm offroad and turning sharp, it may do it a few times. I think it is normal to do it a little bit, but if you're on the road and making a simple turn, it shouldn't do it.

Parker

I have a DF:GT. I also understand what you mean by the skipping feeling. My DFGT does it sometimes but then it goes away. It's an off and on thing it goes and comes back whenever it feels like it. Thats what I experience. Ohhh if you want to test the Force Feed back put at 10 and drive an f2007;)

I think I have found the solution - steering mode - I played on professional and when switched to simulation - it started to happen less frequently ( still a lot in my opinion though) and I could feel resistance during long turns, like in tunnel on Eiger or turn #4 on Fuji (playing on 10)
Yeah F12007 on S2 is funny, especially when you are on 6th gear and can't go to 7th because shifters do not work :)

F2007 demo had no wheel support and in WRC demo it is almost the same as on professional mode in GT5P so no new info from these two for me.

I'm waiting for "Ferrari the race experience", will test G27 with it and contact support if I'm still not content with the wheel.

I don't own a G27; but sir, you use far to many smileys. :dopey::dopey::dopey::dopey::dopey:

Yes I know, I am sorry. I'm doing my best to fight with it but it's hard especially if you are fresh to using wheel in GT games after playing on gamepads on different platforms for like 18 years ;)

I am sorry for the double post but I have a question to peobryant, and everybody could use the answer.

peobryant could you please set your driving mode to professional and report if the "skipping" thing happens more than on a simulation mode ? (provided you currently play on simulation mode ...)

I am sorry for the double post but I have a question to peobryant, and everybody could use the answer.

peobryant could you please set your driving mode to professional and report if the "skipping" thing happens more than on a simulation mode ? (provided you currently play on simulation mode ...)

Are you talking about the driving physics? If so I use the professional driving physics, not the standard. I'll switch back and forth though, to see if I notice any difference.

Make sure everything is OFF in prologue. active steering and so forth. the only settings that shouldnt be off or none is physics, tires, and ABS. the rest should all be off. that maaay be your problem.

I have everything OFF, manual, physics on proffesional and traction control on 3.

Yesterday I tried to drive the Ford GT 06' with these setting (using a g27). But that didn't go to wel. If u turn around just a bit, the car goes out of control. Perhaps ABS would help me with that

Are you talking about the driving physics? If so I use the professional driving physics, not the standard. I'll switch back and forth though, to see if I notice any difference.

I mean the mode of steering, you can set that only in options menu - not before race but in main menu->options; there are three options of steering:

standard, professional, simulation

When I play on professional I have a lot of skipping thing on professional physics and when I switch to simulation in option menu and playing still on professional physics I have much less skipping. I always play on professional physics and everything off (active steering also off).
I would like you to switch to professional mode in the options menu and check if you will have more skipping than on simulation mode if so my G27 is OK.

Sorry for another double post but I needed this question to pop up on top.

Are G25/G27 wheels durable ? I mean out of these few days I can tell G27 is strong but I waned to ask about long term situation.

I play on FFB set to 10 all the time and when car hits walls wheel goes crazy - I'm afraid it may break from that - is it possible for G27 - its FFB to be exact - to get broken ?
Being afraid that G27 can get broken is also the reason I do not play on 100% of my abilities - I mean I do not use strong counters when needed..., I do not hit break or clutch too strong and too fast + I'm constantly thinking about H shifter which may in my opinion get broken in few days if used too extensively...

I am sure I overreact but - are my worries reasonable ? legitimate ? Any precedents of G27 FFB going bad from hard driving ?

Apart from above - G27 is getting better and better every day, althogh I only played like 12h in total during these 11 days.
At first it didn't bother me but now I get annoyed by gear not changing when clutch is hit too early :/
Too bad my lap times are so bad :/
Ford GT on Suzuka - lap time only 0,7 worse than on sixaxis (only drove 2 laps on sixaxis to set a lap) but 7sec worse then #1 in the world :/

Alot of work ahead.

I think I currently have around 24h of playing on a wheel in total.

Just did my best lap in GTP register combo - I will not post that time so I think I can discuss it..

My best overall done on SIXAXIS is 1'56.867 and the time I just did on G27 is 1'57:783 - only 0.9 worse than my best sixaxis time done after many many hours of playing on a PAD...

How would you evaluate my progress ?
Any tips on how to get better ?

I try different combos - for example my best time with R34 on Eiger is now 1'13.750 with G27 and 1'.12.868 with sixaxis.

I'm still getting used to a g25 instead of a siaxis controller, all I can say is it takes a lot of time, and the full gt5 is different physics too.

It has been 1 month since my last post but for that time I only had few sessions with 5P.
I got really nervous when some person posted that "interview" saying that clutch or paddles in G27 may not be working in GT5.. however some people (frenchdriver) are stating that everything except face buttons on the wheel works ..

I just did some good lap, thought it was my best on the wheel but turns out I already had one 0,1s better :) - hmm keeping "the record of records" came handy :)

I started to "fit" to the track :) not going off-road all the time, but working on best laps possible will have to wait - like 6mc of hard playing I assume ?...(if I had time for that hard playing ;) )

How Is your progress people ? - question directed to drivers recently switching from DS3 to wheels.

Lotrzyna
How Is your progress people ? - question directed to drivers recently switching from DS3 to wheels.
I too am a new G27 owner..Just like the others have stated, I had a lot of trouble with keeping the cars on track and keeping the cars from spinning out all day.
My main problem was just setting up the wheel and jumping straight online and started making a fool of myself.
When I first noticed what the different settings were I finally narrowed down what I needed to turn on and leave on. I keep my Force Feedback settings set to either Mild/Strong depending on how "real" I wanted GT5P to seem.
I also toggled between the Active Steering Management. At first I had no idea what ASM was and how it'd affect my driving experience. When I turned it off, I noticed my driving wasn't precise and I would apply a little too much steering correction. Which would of course cause the inevitable spin out. So for now, I have ASM set on, and my driving has become much more consistent.

My only gripe I have with this wheel is, the misshifts. IMO the misshifts happen a little too easily. But I will say, that I could have contributed to most of the shifting errors (gotta fix the nut behind the wheel)
And since this is my first wheel, I believe I still need more time to get used to this wheel. Who ever has a wheel should also have a cockpit to accompany it. (Not needed but certainly adds to the overall experience)

Oh yeah - Ive been playing GT3,GT4,GT5p with traction control no higher than 2 on almost all cars.

After about a month or so, my driving has improved in game and in real manual transmission cars. I know how to rev match downshifts to keep the car stable and corner entry (I now do this in real cars to achieve the same goal)

I will make another post once I start getting into drifting. I never knew how difficult it is to drift in pro physics with a 900* wheel. (I have a muuuuuch easier time drifting on a sixxaxis pad - now I cannot hold a drift for the live of me)

Last edited:
Back