my Sloopy Drift Video

• Thread starter kaidogg
  • 19 comments
o-o almost non existent drift...saying that I can't say much ^-^;; I can't drift to save my life in anything other then my own MX-5...then again I'm almost a complete drift-newb

attachment.php

well.....let's say....hhmmmm, i cant see actully a drift...looks more like just sliding around....or you got a lil oversteering...but drifting....SOrry DUDE

:nervous: I know I fail to drift ....
do I need more overstear ?
I notice that I need to point my front wheel more
and I need to pratice more about my gas pumping skill

could u please give me more suggest ?
I'm willing to listen

Thanks man

kaidogg

I'm willing to listen

Thanks man

Post up your settings... or a link to the settings you are using...

Then I should be able to help you out... Without knowing how your car is set up, what tires you are using, HP, weight, etc... It's hard to know how to help you...

;)

Hmmm....

Well, you need more weight shifting. The car almosts starts to drift and then nothing... Try to feint a little harder, not a lot as it doesn't take much, this should kick the rear out some more. Also, watch the timing on your braking. This can literally make or break your entry.

Keep practicing! I really like it when people have a vid and ask for help. That's the RIGHT way to do it. 👍

isn't there a vid/tutorial someheere of this same car on the same turn? that would probably help ya out a lot.

hey, this is oddly familiar.

ok. Provided that you are using the settings I made up at the time we posted the drift reference, then I think more than anything what you need to work on is your countersteering.
You start to get a little slip at the rear but then in te replay it looks like you panic and turn into the drift much too hard.

Also, I think the stab of the brakes was a little unnecessary and probably didn't do a lot for your drift. If you're using the settings that I think you are, then that car can enter that turn much faster.

If you watch the Feint example here: http://www.bethelapostolic.org/GTP/Driftreference/FeintDrift.wmv
I did apply slight braking pressure to move a little weight forward, but it was not a full stab at them. My feeling is that fully applying the brakes as you did unsettles the car an unnecessary amount, significantly reduces the effectiveness of any steering input for that period, and needlessly sheds speed.

oh, and I now appologize for the terrible quality of the demo vid. I was quite a novice to the whole video capturing and compressing thing at the time.

Also, I'd like to mention that the settings posted for the Miata in the reference were made shortly after GT4 came out, so keeping it on a low budget was a priority. My thinking was that people at the time did not have large sums of Cr. accumulated in their games to go out and fully tune their suspension and driveline, or reduce weight significantly, etc etc. It's a minimalist setup in my eyes, and somewhat limited in the corners it can effectively handle.

kaidogg

I'm willing to listen

Thanks man

I'm not so sure you need more oversteer since your car straightened out the second you started to countersteer. You probably need slicker tires, and, like Swift said, use more weight transfer.

seems like a conservative take on those turns. i say go at it full throttle and attack the course. the line is good, but ya gotta unsettle the car to get it to come out.

Thanks alot guys for replying me this quick :sly:

Boundary Layer
it looks like you panic and turn into the drift much too hard.

:ill: I did

so .. does it mean that I don't really need to hit the breaks for Faint drift ?

I'm trying to add a little bit more power to the same car .. and feeling what's the dfference after I change the shock setting

seems that I've been learnning alot more in these few days then my whole griping life 👍

thanks again

In this case, I don't think the braking was necessary. There will certainly be other times for you where you will approach a corner too quickly and will have to brake.

Indeed... The rate of speed was too low to need a stab of the brakes... Weight transfer alone would more than suffice...

Read this:

Limited Slip Differentials Explained

LSD settings go along way to making a comfortable, and capable drift car... This is much more important in GT4, than it was in GT3...

;)

Delphic Reason
Indeed... The rate of speed was too low to need a stab of the brakes... Weight transfer alone would more than suffice...

;)

Some of my favaorite times drifting have been without any braking at all. Of course, you can't always get away with that.

hey, its pretty easy to drift any car in the game, no matter what settings u use. what i do is u use the ds2, and when u approach a corner that u wanna drift, u brake, and when the time is right to start inducing the drift (which is usually immediately after braking) u turn the car left or right, but as u turn, u have to then let the brakes continue to slide out the rear, thus, stop turning the car as u near the apex. and when the time is right, power out, making slight corrections as u drift. well thats the best description i can gave of how to drift a car. how do others do it?

oh, i recently did a drifting lap at apricot hill in the RUF yellow bird in a recent WRS event, her is the link to that lap (PAL) yes i know most will not be interested unless its a video, and i will investigate getting videos made.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57425&d=1140236621

Back