My son got me a new racing game!

• Thread starter Gil
  • 3 comments

Gil

Bird man
Premium
old-guy64
My son got me LeMans 24 Hours for Christmas.
This is a pretty cool race game. Especially if you are looking for some variety from GT3.
I have only played about 90 minutes. But, here are some of my first impressions.

1. The graphics are equal to or better than GT2.
2. The physics engine is pretty good. My GT3 Skills match up nicely with this game.
3. Adjustments are easier as there aren't as many as with GT3.
In the adjustments menu you will be reminded of Colin McRae Rally. As the adjusments are on a more "global" than "minute" scale.
You can choose between three types of engine, three types of gear ratio, three settings for downforce, amount of fuel you carry, and, four types of tires. You can also make changes to any of these variables while in the pits. However, they do increase the amount of time you spend in the pits.

I am enjoying the change from GT3. (not that I'll give up GT3). I have only a couple of nitpicks:
1. There is no rearview mirror.
2. The graphics should be better, this is, after all a PS2 game.
3. The load time between races is quite long. (get-up take a leak, and make a sandwich, long):banghead:

On the major plus side, you are able to race a 24-hour race. But you have the ability to pit in and save from that point restarting when you wish, from that point:eek:
This one is also on the 19.95 rack at Wal-mart. IMHO, it is one to pick up for your racing game collection.

I have that game too Gil! :lol: I hate those ten minute load times though...:indiff:But the best is the 24 hour mode...you just can't go past it :)

I'm really starting to get into it. Those load times are killers, especially when everyone in the joint got new games.
We are keeping it to an hour limit so everyone gets to play.
So you know my progress is rather slow at the moment.:lol:

Back