My Story of the Fuji JGTC Showdown!!

nitro_2003

(Banned)
Hello, is yo friend, nitro_2003, comin atchya wif a story about a race i did some weeks back.

Ok, so this is how it went down. There I was, playing GT4P, deciding to do a race at Fuji International Speedway. I decided to have a JGTC race. The car I chose was the Woodone Tom's Supra JGTC. So, I wait for the race to load up and i'm on the pre-race screen. I look at my competition. I knew my biggest threat would be the Xanavi Nismo GT-R, an car equally fast to mine. I opt to start the race. There i am, putting some heat into the Supra's engine, holding at a certain level of revs. 3...2...1...START!!! We all rush to the first corner, me slipping into second behind the Xanavi. At the chicane after, i manage to pass the Xanavi and lead, but i take too much power into the corner, go wide and hit a protruding wall. I drop to 5th, infornt of the Takata, and, just to piss him off, I slow right in front of him, so he cannot pass!!! I catch the Pennzoil by the b corner and pass him for 4th. I then chase the Mobil and slip past him on the pit straight. I think i am safe, until i go wide at turn one and get breifly passed by the Mobil again, but i soon take care of him and move into 3rd. Now comes my main fight of the race between me and the au Cerumo. I manage to catch him coming up to the b corner and look on the inside, but he has other ideas and squeezes me. then coming out of the b corner he squeezes me again, the ruddy bastard!!! I stay on his ass through the last corner, draw alongside and we literally go wheel-to-wheel, side-by-side, touching each other down the pit straight. I outdrag him and lead in to the turn. i hold him until the chicane after turn 1, where he passes me. we then go side-by-side again and i eventually pass on the hairpin. now my target is the Xanavi. But the Cerumo is not finished and passes me again, but i fight back and make a miraculous pass on the outside grass going into the b corner.now i set about catching the Xanavi, going a little wide in turn 1. i catch and stay with him, pushing em wide on the long right before the hairpin. i catch him again and look on the outside of the b corner, but he shuts the door pushing me wide. coming out of the last turn it is very close, us 2 literally nose to tail, me actually touching his bumper, alomst like i am pushing him!!!! i stay on his bumper down the pit straight and into turn 1, but that results in us both getting a little sideways. but i catch up and we fight for the rest of the lap. then the incredible happens. it all starts on the b corner. i stay on his ass coming out of it and the last corner. this is where i see my chance. i draw alongside and we are neck and neck. now i just floor it and i close my eyes. i hear the finishing music and i open my eyes. i look at the position.....1ST!!! i look at the results and i finished just 0.00.011 ahead of the Xanavi. That, i have to say, must have been one of the most exhilarating and exciting races i have ever done. and just so i can look back at it, i saved the race replay. i would upload it but i cant transfer it and even if i could i would have nowhere to host it.

phew!! well that's that. so, tell me what you think!!!

yeah, as you come out of the first chicane after turn 1, go wide onto the grass. there is a small tyre wall that protrudes on the left as you go through the right hander.

True True ohh so True.

Ahh the memories of this game and GT3 gave so many of those near photo finish quality racing.

Nitro, Can u capture the clip as a movie file, I can host it for you, possibly. :)

I can help with the encoding if you need any? 👍

I took out the Woodone Supra to race on Fuji and after the first bend I didn't see my competition until I watched the replay...

I blasted past them down the first straight took the inside line and then they were gone... I got bored after the first 3 laps so I used the relief road shortcuts... they can give you about 20 seconds off your lap time!!

I hope they cut them out of the final game... add some tyre walls in between to stop people cheating... and/or have ten second penalties for hitting each cone at least. That way it would only ever help you if you were doing a massive race!!

C.

Yeti:

same here... i cant help it but Arcade mode in GT4P is really ****ed up... Not only teh AI is what it is, difficulty is way too low too... I had PRO of course... and other cars cant keep up with me.... and im not really a great player, im constantly having troubles getting golds in licenses...

Back