My Suzuka S-10 Video

rivermandrake
Hey, I was watching some of my old replays and found my S-10 replay. It's quite an entertaining watch as it was not long after I got my G25. There's a particularly comical moment at the hairpin on the 4th lap!

It just shows, if you have the right car and tuning, you can drive a bit carelessly and still win!

Standard physics, no aids other than driving line, Enjoy.

you sid its and old video, hope you make better passing choices now.. but did have some comical moments. Grass+hair pin= Weeeeeeee

Are you using the e-brake to take some of those turns?

Good laps man.It's a lot faster than i would be able to do,because i'm not a big fan of Suzuka.

Remind me not to race online with you. Can't wait to see what physical and mechanical damage does to you in GT5.

Falango, I don't race like that online. I was very clear that it was an old video and I was learning how to use a G25 at the time. I posted it for a bit of fun, so please keep condescending comments like that to yourself.

Starfirebird, no e-braking, I just used my G25's brake pedal :)

S-10 that the 700 point race? I cant belive you won, Ive run that race a bazzillion time best i can manage is 3rd.. mabye i should just banzi them lol.

Nice video, and I'm taking it in the fun spirit you intended. Thanks for posting. I've never used Standard Mode and looking at that...it's like another game, so easy relative to Professional. I take it you cleared S10 in Pro later?

S-10 that the 700 point race? I cant belive you won, Ive run that race a bazzillion time best i can manage is 3rd.. mabye i should just banzi them lol.

take a notice :

standard physic

You can't drive like that on Pro :)

I have also problems on Pro :)

Falango, I don't race like that online. I was very clear that it was an old video and I was learning how to use a G25 at the time. I posted it for a bit of fun, so please keep condescending comments like that to yourself.

Starfirebird, no e-braking, I just used my G25's brake pedal :)

Interesting.💡

I've noticed online that peoples rear comes out like yours through cornering.I thought at first they were using the E-brake,but it seems like it's just the brake.

Is it just hard braking?I brake completely different.I use half the pedal on my wheel.It depends on the speed i'm going if i use the whole pedal.

failing_finn, that is how it's done! Flawless driving! I'm still learning to get to 'grips' with pro physics, I hope to get to your level one day.

I find the entry to the hairpin to be the hardest part of the course, my car always seems to pull towards the barrier on the right!

Thanks for kind words, guys! :embarrassed:

Hairpin might be tricky, but you'll make it as long as you keep car straight forward when jumping on brakes. In my opinion, spoon is the hardest curve to master. Most important thing is overtaking as many cars as possible on first couple laps. That way the leading car can't run away too far.

Still, it's obvious that these AI cars are not driving even close to their limits. I can accelerate much faster, and pass them by taking outer driving line at Dunlop curve, it jus doesn't make sense! Maybe they are running on lower PP settings.

Awesome driving! But as old as that video is, I really hope you learned from some of those mistakes.

Thanks for kind words, guys! :embarrassed:

Hairpin might be tricky, but you'll make it as long as you keep car straight forward when jumping on brakes. In my opinion, spoon is the hardest curve to master. Most important thing is overtaking as many cars as possible on first couple laps. That way the leading car can't run away too far.

Still, it's obvious that these AI cars are not driving even close to their limits. I can accelerate much faster, and pass them by taking outer driving line at Dunlop curve, it jus doesn't make sense! Maybe they are running on lower PP settings.

Well, if the AI was on the limit you'd never make it from 16th to 1st inside 5 laps. On most of the higher-class races I reckon the AI has places where it is on the limit or even beyond, and others where it is well below and those places vary around the circuit but are consistent lap after lap and between cars.

Smooth driving you're showing off there, oFANTOMASo...
Enjoyed your first clip aswell. Waiting for my DFGT to arrive and the release of GT5 :nervous:

failing_finn,

Nice run.

That looks remarkably like my S10 pro gold video. Except my car was yellow. lol

But then again, that's pretty much what it has to look like if you want to win in pro physics.

oFANTOMASo,

Nice job with the Mines. The best I've done with the Mines in pro is silver.

I probably ran S10 30 times before I got gold in std. Then probably another 30 times before I got gold pro. It's really a great driving excercise to sharpen your skills.

Back