• Thread starter Brend
  • 14 comments

Brend

Premium
Scotland
Scotland
GTSophy-Lapos
ClassicBrend
So after i heard KY saying it was going to be techincally impossible to collect all cars by yourself, i started to think. I remember in past GT Games after competing in a championship, if you won you would be picked a car (from 4) randomly. Now in past GT games also you could win every car, but for GT PSP, i see a different system being adapted. You WILL be giving a car from 4 randomly BUT the car you get once will be the car you will get every-time you complete the championship.

This is where trading comes in handy, your friends will also do that championship and end up getting a different car,therefore, you will be able to trade on of your cars with one of theirs. What do you think? got any other ideas?

C.O.F

http://home.myhughesnet.com/games_channel/preview_read.php?games_rip_id=990283
What's also different than what we've seen before is how cars will be unlocked. Rather than earning them in specific races, cars will be unlocked according to a certain time table which will vary from player to player. This is to encourage use of the new trading mechanic where you can share and swap cars with other players.

There are three types of cars with respect to trading. The first type allows you to simply share them with your friends. You can give them away but you'll also keep it in your garage. The second type requires a full swap, so if you trade it away, you won't have access to it anymore. The third kind is vehicles that cannot be traded and must be earned. Given the time table and fact that there are more than 800 cars, you'll probably want to make great use of the trading anyway lest it takes you a lifetime to collect them all.

must be earned = prize cars? :)

What bullcrap. Not only do I not know anyone that will be purchasing GT:M, I don't even know anyone else with a PSP! How am I supposed to collect the cars I want if I can't get them?! :yuck:

What bullcrap. Not only do I not know anyone that will be purchasing GT:M, I don't even know anyone else with a PSP! How am I supposed to collect the cars I want if I can't get them?! :yuck:

I'm guessing the cars you have to get by trading will just be special edition cars(Like the special color Skyline). Also, how does the other person get the car you can't? I'm confused about this GTM game.

I'm guessing the cars you have to get by trading will just be special edition cars(Like the special color Skyline). Also, how does the other person get the car you can't? I'm confused about this GTM game.

You would say random prize car winner, but apparantly prize cars cannot be traded.

Used car lot?

i hope my hitch is still right, sounds complicated. Anywho sounds like pokemon with cars :P

I've been hunting cars for Gran Turismo 4. I got over 700 of them but there were some black sheeps that I didn't get. If I could trade a little to get those missing cars, I definately would!

I'm looking forward to GTM! I'm pretty sure car trading is an Online thing so you don't need to know every person.

There are 3 PSPs (soon to be 4) in my household (I have 2, my mother is getting one, and her partner already has one) So we could get a copy for each PSP then earn them all!!

I really don't like the idea of it being impossible to win them all on your own... None of my friends play Gran Turismo - They preffer COD etc...

I will definately complete the whole game on one of my PSPs then maybe download a save with all the cars on my second PSP...

I really hope that the trading system is not completely necessary, and that it would not be impossible to collect all cars without it. I don't mind grinding to get all the cars, since I've done it with GT1 & 2. Just don't make it impossible please PD, it would be the only thing that ruins this game.

If it is really impossible though, I'll go with GBWH's tactic. Have 2 separate gamesaves: one that I complete myself and the other downloaded but containing all the cars.

It actually depends on the cars we'll be missing; I don't mind missing an alternate Skyline, but missing a Toyota 7 or a car which has no duplicated would be a shame.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. Unfortunately I think the interesting cars are the ones that cannot be acquired normally. Otherwise people will just not bother with the trading system.

From the interviews I think all cars can be earned in game. SOme cars can be shared so you both have it, some cars can be traded but you don't keep it and some can't be traded at all.

From the interviews I think all cars can be earned in game. SOme cars can be shared so you both have it, some cars can be traded but you don't keep it and some can't be traded at all.

Thats why its not making sense. According to the interview cars which can be won cannot be traded, so the only cars you're going to trade are either new or used cars?

Back