My thoughts about the wasted 'Anniversary' potential

Poland
Opole, Poland
MagicMikePL
The anniversary year of GT is almost over and just recently i was wondering, how much we got out of this occasion, apart from the VGT project (which didn't hark back to the GT nostalgia and heritage at all, it was a design contest and not much beside it). And I'm not talking about big stuff like bringing back tracks that are missing for ages (Red Rock, anyone?) but small bits and nibbles here and there that would make a die-hard fan's heart melt. I've come up witha nice example: Toyota could use a classic livery for their VGT like the Tom's Castrol or GT-One's livery. It would be a nice touch since the JGTC Castrol Supra is by far the most iconic race car in the series. They could use so much more from this opportunity and I have a feeling that they have wasted it, just like they wasted other opportunities (WRC, Top Gear). What do you guys think?

Since GT5 they have been selling unfinished products, even if they have the best of intentions desiring to innovate the video game genre they can't stand up to all they promise... at least their GT6 DLC is free.

It is a wasted opportunity and a turning point for some people since their sales are short in comparison previous iterations of the game and make people wonder if it is worthy to buy the next GT or skip a couple...

What do I think? I think you have this backwards. I mean, do you also expect to get something on your parents/other peoples anniversary, birthday, ect? :confused: :lol: I think we should all pitch in and get PD something.....like some advice/instruction in proper communication. :lol: Or how to properly incorporate tuning physics into the game. I could go on and on, there is a whole list of things I'd like to give them for their anniversary. :sly:

Seriously though, I'm not even bothered about whether we get anything or not for their anniversary....they'd probably just screw it up anyway or break something else in the game, to be followed by a hotfix. :P

What do I think? I think you have this backwards. I mean, do you also expect to get something on your parents/other peoples anniversary, birthday, ect? :confused: :lol: I think we should all pitch in and get PD something.....like some advice/instruction in proper communication. :lol: Or how to properly incorporate tuning physics into the game. I could go on and on, there is a whole list of things I'd like to give them for their anniversary. :sly:

Seriously though, I'm not even bothered about whether we get anything or not for their anniversary....they'd probably just screw it up anyway or break something else in the game, to be followed by a hotfix. :P

I had to look at the author twice as I couldn't remember writing this ;-) ;-) My sentiments exactly.

I should also point out to the OP that we did get something, the Anniversary Edition Pack - 25 cars and a 1mil credits. Although we did pay extra for it ;-)

I had to look at the author twice as I couldn't remember writing this ;-) ;-) My sentiments exactly.

I should also point out to the OP that we did get something, the Anniversary Edition Pack - 25 cars and a 1mil credits. Although we did pay extra for it ;-)

I didn't pay any extra for it. I paid the same $60 that everyone else paid for the regular game. The Anniversary Edition was just a GameStop pre-order exclusive, that's all. That's how it worked here in the U.S. anyway. :)

I didn't pay any extra for it. I paid the same $60 that everyone else paid for the regular game. The Anniversary Edition was just a GameStop pre-order exclusive, that's all. That's how it worked here in the U.S. anyway. :)

I paid A$99 (discounted from $109), which at the exchange rate at the time worked out to about US$82 :-( We get shafted in this country all the time on software pricing :-(

Either way, we still paid too much for an unfinished game with over hyped promises and too many bugs :-(

At least with GT5 Prologue we new we were buying half a game.

I paid A$99 (discounted from $109), which at the exchange rate at the time worked out to about US$82 :-( We get shafted in this country all the time on software pricing :-(

Either way, we still paid too much for an unfinished game with over hyped promises and too many bugs :-(

Right on. 👍

Got my Anniversary LE from HK store ( online ), for about US $40, got the Apex II book, cars, and 1 mill credits. Know where to buy can save a lot of money, and all of the material are made/printed in Japan - another good thing is DLC will be cheaper with HK$, the game is region free anyway.

I still think PD should have offered more cars with the anniversary theme ( at least all makes have 1 model or more in anniversary livery - an excuse for more premium car ) Then do seasonals TT and races with each of the cars throughout the year, cars provided by the game, so everyone can taste the anniversary cars.

You only paid $99! Jeez, now I feel ripped of for paying $115AUD. ;)

And I do have to agree that we do get shafted in terms of software pricing. :)

First, the Anniversary livery(not just three metallic blues, the tyre stripes too, I bought the AE Edition with metal cover) should have been a paint chip.

Second, the cars originally in GT1( Corvette GS, Civic EG, Supra RZ, Griffith 500, etc), should have been Premium as an acknowledgement.

Third, the 300km races should have been available as nostalgia and GT1-GT4 should have been a download for those that bought the AE Edition. Or demos of those games unlocked, once completing S licence.

......................PDI probably already had cake for the anniversary....or whatever the Japanese equivalent. :D
Not sure how they could celebrate anniversary but first thing that did come to my mind was special "Past GT" themed online seasonals. But since a lot of fan-fav old school tracks aren't in the game so that idea flew outta window pretty quick.
Nowadays, I'm not too bothered by it - hell I didn't even buy the AE version....

You only paid $99! Jeez, now I feel ripped of for paying $115AUD. ;)
. :)

I thought I was going to pay that on the pre-order but the day I walked into EB Games to pick it up they said we are price matching and it is only $99. Still more than our US cousins though :-(

On a side note, now that it is blatantly obvious we have been Royally Shafted on this my only regret is not doing the money glitch when it was available.

All I can say is roll on March, PCars and F1 2014 on PS4 so GT6 can be put on the shelf where it belongs. Then, when (IF!?) GT7 is released I will wait until it is in the bargain bin before I even think about it, if at all.

I thought I was going to pay that on the pre-order but the day I walked into EB Games to pick it up they said we are price matching and it is only $99. Still more than our US cousins though :-(

On a side note, now that it is blatantly obvious we have been Royally Shafted on this my only regret is not doing the money glitch when it was available.

All I can say is roll on March, PCars and F1 2014 on PS4 so GT6 can be put on the shelf where it belongs. Then, when (IF!?) GT7 is released I will wait until it is in the bargain bin before I even think about it, if at all.

Plus the updates in one shot instead of waiting month after month.

Back