My thoughts on cockpit cam.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ikarys
  • 0 comments
  • 364 views
Messages
230
Messages
ikarys
I drive a 2006 WRX with some racing mods in real life and I was thinking about the cockpit view. I've driven a few WRXs (STi and stock) and karts on track, and love doing twisties up through the hills. I also ride a motorbike and enjoy motorsport in general.

I love the cockpit view but I cannot use it. I have a 42" plasma, and a G27 wheel, but the screen real estate for the road is too small.

Specifically, there is too much cockpit in cockpit view. In real life, when I'm driving I am aware of the bonnet, the window pillars and rear view mirror.

Everything else about the car is read by feel or sound.

Also, vision is very smooth in real life. Even with hard suspension, your bodies flexibility takes out many of the bumps. If anything, the car shakes, but the vision of the road is smooth.

It would be great to see a smooth vision, shaky car cam that showed all of the window, and none of the dash. Something that makes you feel like you are really in the cockpit. I want to see the wipers, I want to see the rain drops. I do not want to see my real life speedo, revometer or my hands.

Here endith my thoughts.
 
Back