my wish list for GT5

• Thread starter frogger
  • 24 comments
i don't expect it will be a launch title for the PlayStation 3 but i hope that it will contain all of the high performance car manufacturers including lamborghini, ferrari and porsche. i also want the option to be able to add or create my own graphics and i want all of the previous cars from GT 1-4 including the vectors and the venturi cars from GT 2. would you add anything?

i dont really care bout any of those options all i wanna see even though i will be amazed if we actually see it is the proper f1 cars not the polphony 001 or 002...

How many threads do we have to have on this?

How long will it take for most of you to realize you won't get Lambos, Porshes, or Ferraris? And when will you realize you really don't need em?

In my opinion if the guys at those particular manufacturers are to uppity to accept what PD offered them the first 4 times around, then they're not good enough for our game.

We don't need any cars in the game, or a game at all. We want them though.
And they are good enough, because they make cars. Any company that makes cars is good enough to be in GT.

And stop making wishlist threads!

-> I think custom graphics are ridiculous, more of those elite cars, yes. NFS:U game play, I rather pass on that. :indiff:

JParker
In my opinion if the guys at those particular manufacturers are to uppity to accept what PD offered them the first 4 times around, then they're not good enough for our game.

I like that JP. I'm a HUGE Porsche fan. But if they want to be all stingy, then that's cool. I'll still have fun with GT5. :)

It's like a Porsche, but it isn't the real thing. We want the real thing.

There's 3 companies - Porsche, Gemballa and RUF. Gemballa and RUF both make porsches, as they have rights to the company. Gemballa and RUF are more powerful. Have you seen the specs on a RUF turbo? What we want is Gemballa and RUF, the cars are much better. Fair enough there not porsche, but better ;-D

Ruf doesn't MAKE Porsches, if you knew what Ruf did you'd know that. If you already own a Porsche, Ruf will tune it for you. The cars they make are Ruf's, hence them being a manufacturer, Gemballa don't Make their cars, they take a stock 911 or whatever and strip it and re-build it. Ruf don't take any stock Porsches, all their cars are built from a combination of Porsche parts and their own parts up, theres no Porsche there.

Id like to see how good ferraris REALLY are. They look sooo fun to drive on TV and have a brilliant sound.

live4speed you've changed your avatar slightly??

Hm.. his avatar looks the same to me.

Since we're on the subject (and I didn't want to start a new thread on it)...

Seriously speaking.. how likely is it that PD will be able to get Ferrari, Lambo, and Porsche for GT5?

Consider that the most prominent rumor concerning the licenses has been that EA has them, exclusive to the PS2.. that no other developer can use them on PS2 without the license holder and EA's approval. BUT.. does that carry over to PS3, or will the licenses again be up for grabs?

There are two reasons why I'd like to see them in GT:

1) Just because. I mean, really.. who wouldn't want to go zipping around High Speed Ring in an Enzo or Murcielago?

2) Because GT will put them all in there. EA's problem is that they only put the "latest and greatest" of these cars into their games. NFS:HS, for example, had only the Lambo Diablo and Murcielago (and I imagine future NFSs will drop the Diablo in favor of the Gallardo). Ferrari F50 and 550. Porsche Carrera GT. But what about the Muria? The Countach? The F40? The old 308? The Porsche 928 or 944? If GT gets them, rest assured we'll finally be able to drive everything. And that's something I definitely look forward to.

It's better quality, same pic but cleaner and sharper.

Ferrari and Porsche are both down to cost, for GT4 Sony wouldn't pay the asking price, they might for GT5, they might not, you can't really say. Lamborghini may have been cost as well but Sony never mentioned them when they said Ferrari and Porsche not appearing came down to money.

Here's my take on the whole Porsche (and etc.) thing for the game.

As much as you guys want to pretend, RUF does not make up for Porsche, here is why. Let's compare the models available in Forza and the ones in GT4.

Porsche model in Forza - GT4 equivalent's through RUF

Boxster S = 3400S
911 Turbo 3.3 = BTR
996 GT3 = RGT
993 GT2 = CTR2
959 .. CTR "Yellowbird"
911 Carrera RS '73 ...
Carrera GT ...
911 GT1 LMP ...
550 A Spyder ..
Dauer 962C ...
944 Turbo ...
911 GT3 Cup..
911 GT3-RS..

As you can see, there's a lot of Porsches that the RUF models in-game do not make up for. Let's say I don't really care that much for the 911 '73 since we got the 911 Turbo 3.3, but what about the 959? Does the CTR really make up for the 959 which is an AWD. I'd rather have a GT2/CTR2 and a 959 instead of a CTR, especially if a 911 Turbo 3.3 is already in there. What about the Carrera GT, 911 GT1, the 962, the 944? Sure you could say that the other cars like 787B and Sauber C9 make up for the GT1 and 962, since those aren't in Forza, but that doesn't mean the RUFs in GT4 make up for Porsche, at least not compared to how many Porsche's there are in Forza.

Anyway, here's to hoping for you guys that Porsche and Ferrari and etc. make it into GT5. Even though I really like GT4, I'll prolly only buy a X360 next-gen because of Project Gotham, a game that I've found to offer much more fun than the other more realistic games that compete in the racing-genre market.

Latest Posts

Back