Mysterious Loss of Grip

  • Thread starter Thread starter BradleyV
  • 11 comments
  • 1,032 views
Messages
35
England
Stourbridge
Messages
MrBv256
I was just doing a 1 hour race with my mates. We had a 295 BHP Limit which most of us were on the limit to before the race.

Near the end of the race, most of us had a sudden loss of grip. It was not due to tyre wear because earlier in the race, I had worse tyre wear and did not lose as much grip.

I pitted with a few laps to go as I thought I needed new tyres however even with the new tyres, I wasn't able to go as quick as I should of.

After the race, we were discussing this and found out that the one person who did not suffer the problem ended with 294 BHP while the rest of us who had the loss of grip had about 300BHP.

I think that GT5 has an automatic grip reduction system if you go higher than a BHP Limit during a long race. Is this true ???
 
Hmmm...ive never heard about this but if gt5 does have this, its a great way to keep pp races fair. Are you sure that you were putting the same tires on at pit?
 
^That, assists or thieves stealing your tires
 
I noticed a glitch around 4 pm EST and have not been able to do anything online since. I'm still logged on to PSN and can send messages but no online. Lets see what happens.
 
And also i just got back online and alot of my cars lost their tunes check ur setups
 
I noticed a glitch around 4 pm EST and have not been able to do anything online since. I'm still logged on to PSN and can send messages but no online. Lets see what happens.

And also i just got back online and alot of my cars lost their tunes check ur setups

This is relevant how? Thanks for the heads-up, but try to stay on topic. BTW Welcome to :gtpflag:
 
Mysterious loss of grip - this was one symptoms of the "laptime bug" from the beginning of the year.

All of a sudden, cars feel like they have comfort hard tyres on. You reach your normal braking point, normal speed, hit the brakes - go flying 25/50+ metres past the corner.....

The laptime bug is normally associated with a busy lobby (12 or more) and especially if alot of people in the lobby are on their mics. This was partially fixed by Polyphony, but I think it wasn't totally eradicated.

Not sure whether this applied to your lobby?

Interesting about how the guy with less power didn't get affected.

Update 2.08 has caused probems, well, most updates on GT5 has fixed one thing and created a whole new issue, so be prepared for anything. Aswell as silence from polyphony util they have a fix, then it'll get fixed.

But hold your horses for a whole new problem.......
 
This is relevant how? Thanks for the heads-up, but try to stay on topic. BTW Welcome to :gtpflag:
I just mentioned it because i was dropped finally was able to log back on and had handling probs noticed my setups were off and thought it was coincidental due to the times of post.

And thanks I regret it took so long to find this place.
 
I recently ran the BRZ with Sport Mediums on the ring at a set 207hp's. The loss of grip affect started when I reached Steilstreke heading to Karussell & from then on, while fun, was murder trying to maintain speed & stability through corners.

Sure enough, after the race, I noticed the BRZ's power had increased.
 
During the race, there was 7 people and no one was using their mics.

Some people were affected earlier than others.
 
I had a sudden loss with the servers yesterday about that time. May explain what happened.
 
This is relevant how? Thanks for the heads-up, but try to stay on topic. BTW Welcome to :gtpflag:

Wow. Necessary?

The first comment about an online glitch is relevant because the OP's message was about something that happened during an online race. 👍

The second comment about a car losing its tune is relevant because the OP may have also lost his tune but not realized it, which might explain the change in handling/grip in the OPs question... although it does not explain why the change happened at the end of a race and not during the middle portions. 👍
 
Back