Mystery No-Name Colors

• Thread starter Tim Voak
  • 5 comments
United States
Florida, USA
Unusual colors with no name and are not already identified in the list of hidden colors that I posted earlier.
List of Hidden Colors already identified: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/12425228/

00843FFF NN PURPLE METALLIC - Purple chip. Doesn't belong to Jaguar XJR9 or Lexus LFA from the aforementioned list.
00843FFF_Purple.png

012D9FFF NN (Yellow) LIGHT GOLD SATIN - Yellow chip. Light Gold perhaps from unidentified Concept or Race Car.
012D9FFF_Gold.png

01653FFF NN ICY RED SATIN - Red chip. Frosty light red color, similar to some of the Mercedes reds.
01653FFF_Icy.png

017A7FFF NN (black) SHADOWY RED - Black chip. Dark color shifting red (see hood and rear bumper). Evil looking.
017A7FFF_Dark.png

Last edited:
That last one is strange. Nice work
I discovered the last one is a 2nd color from the 2011 Jeff Gordon #24 Impala, as the car rotates, the color shifts... except for the top center portion of the car which is painted in the Candy Apple Red Fade from my list which does not shift with the rest of the red parts of the car. The chip for the top portion color matches the chip for the car, but the color on the lower portion of the car matches this second color. It is interesting and nice to have not only one, but two unique colors from this car to play with. :)

Last edited:
I discovered the last one is a 2nd color from the 2011 Jeff Gordon #24 Impala, as the car rotates, the color shifts... except for the top center portion of the car which is painted in the Candy Apple Red Fade from my list which does not shift with the rest of the red parts of the car. The chip for the top portion color matches the chip for the car, but the color on the lower portion of the car matches this second color. It is interesting and nice to have not only one, but two unique colors from this car to play with.
So cars can have multiple chips for different parts of the body?

So cars can have multiple chips for different parts of the body?
I wouldn't think one could discover this simply looking at the paint data or leads me to believe the colors for liveries are hard coded to race cars differently than I had imagined. There must be some creative modeling on cars like these.
-
Edit: I should clarify that I mean the chips that appear with the car in the garage when cars are painted different colors vs. the chips that the cars come with. If you paint any car with the Candy Red, the chip resembles the one the car comes with, but if you paint a car the shadowy red color, it shifts to black like the lower portion of the #24 car does.
-
Yes, two different colors for the same car. I suppose it's how the modeler mimicked the special effect paint used on the real car. I also suppose that which portions of a car can be painted, depends on how the car was modeled for the game. There are obviously multiple layers used for the paint schemes on some of the cars. You will see some of these these layers when you try to paint some of the unpaintable cars using the GE, such as the 440 'Cuda or the Formula Gran Turismo.

Last edited:
I have GE 1.3.1, where to input the hidden items?
The paint or the colour section? thanks.

P.S. I have found it on GE

Last edited:
Back