Nürburgring 24 hour - which premium car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MuRRe
  • 26 comments
  • 1,916 views
Messages
483
Sweden
@Home
Messages
WTF-MuRRe
Ordered a DFGT and will do the 24 hour Nürburgring either this weekend or the next with a friend and hopefully my brother.
Even though you can go in with a X2010 I feel it's kinda useless since even if you make good lap times it doesn't really matter.
At the same time we do want a car that is really good since none off us has played that much with a wheel.
Premium car of course :)
Would be awesome with a Nissan GTR or something (if it's possible).

Is it possible to see all lap times afterwards, does it save your best lap?
Ghost?
 
Use the 787B. It's more than fast enough and challenging enough to keep it interesting for all involved. :D
 
787B is overkill. I used the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo and even that was overkill. If I remember right the only car you need to be faster than is the R8 LMS race car. I forgot what kind of lap times it was turning, but watch a lap or two to see what kind of times it does and then find a car you can get around faster than its time.
 
Well I would be careful entering the 24 HR of Nurburgring considering you will have just gotten the wheel because when I first got my DFGT I sucked with it for about a solid week and after that I was running the same lap times with the wheel as I was doing with the DS3. I don't think a GTR can keep up with the other race cars so I would use something that has been race modified for track racing but make sure to use something that will be fun to race with and won't completely blow away your opponents.
 
787B is overkill.

Of course it's overkill. He said a car that's "really good" which I take to mean overkill. After all he was thinking of using the X1.
 
I want to do 24h races too. Which car do you advice to me? I prefer Formula GT. I don't want to use X2010 because I am playing with DS3 and it will be more difficult for me to drive I guess. Is Formula GT enough for DS3 for Le mans? Or should I choose any LM cars for this races? Thanks...
 
vcx
I want to do 24h races too. Which car do you advice to me? I prefer Formula GT. I don't want to use X2010 because I am playing with DS3 and it will be more difficult for me to drive I guess. Is Formula GT enough for DS3 for Le mans? Or should I choose any LM cars for this races? Thanks...

FGT has no headlights.

Night-time + No headlights =
popcorn.gif


Any Le Mans car will do just fine, specially if it rains, the AI becomes a snail when it rains.
 
I'll say the 787B aswell...

The sound... Oh the sound... It's a perfect car to drive over a 24HR race... I used my stealth 787B for both the 24HR Le Mans and the 24HR 'Ring.

Just easy on the throttle at the 'Ring, so you don't have to switch tires every 2nd lap.

Good luck...
 
787B is overkill. I used the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo and even that was overkill. If I remember right the only car you need to be faster than is the R8 LMS race car. I forgot what kind of lap times it was turning, but watch a lap or two to see what kind of times it does and then find a car you can get around faster than its time.


I think your a liitle mixed up or confused here, The R8 LMS race car is the top contender in the 4hr endurance but NOT in the 24 hr, this race you are up against the full force of LMP's and group C Le-man cars so you wont stand much of a chance in the amuse.
Ive done this twice now first time in my stock 908 with R/S and won easy and 2nd time in maxed Mclaren GT1 won both times but must advise you i was lapping in the 908 around 7.30 in daylight so built up a lead before nightfal but here was the sting AI lap around 8.00 day and night ok but the setup on my 908 made main beam appear to be lighting up the aeroplanes and i didnt use racing line so night time laps dropped as low as 8.30 averaging between 8.00 and 8.15 making it close.
So use the Mazda stock for a good race as that should be the top AI car as well, it was on both my occasions.
 
Use the fastest car you can get so you only have to drive 16 hours instead of 24...
 
FGT has no headlights.

Night-time + No headlights =
popcorn.gif


Any Le Mans car will do just fine, specially if it rains, the AI becomes a snail when it rains.

Thanks for the information. Actually I forgot the night time period of the race so you are right, lights are important ofcourse. So LM cars such as 908, 787B, etc.. is more useful I guess.

@Merquise 16 hours is enough? Than park and wait untill the clock shows 24h right?

If I choose Peugeot 908 can I reach success in 16 hours? Also do I have need to tune my car or stock version is enough?
 
Last edited:
Pick the LMP, Group C, or similar car that you most enjoy and tune it for ease of driving rather than fastest lap, your going to win easily. For me the two 24 Hr races were one big grind rather than the type of race to be setting fastest lap. I used the Peugot 905 for Le Mans and Audi R8 for Nurburgring with nothing more than an oil change (no upgrades needed) and finished 12 and 14 laps ahead of second place respectively. In both races the competition consisted of two other LMP cars and then lesser cars for the rest of the field. You can easily out-drive the competion, and when it rains (which it will, it rained the majority of the time for me at Nurburgring and a quite a bit at Le Mans too) you will pull well ahead by driving consistently and slowing your pace down a bit.
 
vcx
Thanks for the information. Actually I forgot the night time period of the race so you are right, lights are important ofcourse. So LM cars such as 908, 787B, etc.. is more useful I guess.

@Merquise 16 hours is enough? Than park and wait untill the clock shows 24h right?

If I choose Peugeot 908 can I reach success in 16 hours? Also do I have need to tune my car or stock version is enough?

You can do that only with the Red Bull X2010.
 
vcx
Thanks for the information. Actually I forgot the night time period of the race so you are right, lights are important ofcourse. So LM cars such as 908, 787B, etc.. is more useful I guess.

@Merquise 16 hours is enough? Than park and wait untill the clock shows 24h right?

If I choose Peugeot 908 can I reach success in 16 hours? Also do I have need to tune my car or stock version is enough?

no you dont reach the requiered lap lead with the 908 to park 6 hrs... would say if you pace really hard you can stand max 1hr...
 
I am going to use DS3 so Red Bull is not comfortable for me to use in these 24h races. It makes me tired. I will focus on Peugeot and Audi LM cars maybe Bentley LM too. What about minolta and Toyoya GT 1 or chapparal?
 
Personally, I used the X2010 with a DS3. Yes it was no challenge (I did 7 or 8 24hr races on GT4 for max A-Spec points so I have had all the challenge I need from races like this) but there were some good points.

I only had to race for about 12hrs out of 24hrs, parked the rest of the time
Reduced the engine power down to 50%, full downforce and it actually made it easier to get round the track without crashing every few minutes thus making what racing I did easier.
 
Personally, I used the X2010 with a DS3. Yes it was no challenge (I did 7 or 8 24hr races on GT4 for max A-Spec points so I have had all the challenge I need from races like this) but there were some good points.

I only had to race for about 12hrs out of 24hrs, parked the rest of the time
Reduced the engine power down to 50%, full downforce and it actually made it easier to get round the track without crashing every few minutes thus making what racing I did easier.

12hrs with half the power? Sounds like BS.
 
Personally, I used the X2010 with a DS3. Yes it was no challenge (I did 7 or 8 24hr races on GT4 for max A-Spec points so I have had all the challenge I need from races like this) but there were some good points.

I only had to race for about 12hrs out of 24hrs, parked the rest of the time
Reduced the engine power down to 50%, full downforce and it actually made it easier to get round the track without crashing every few minutes thus making what racing I did easier.

May you please give me setup for red bull (upgradings too) for 24h races (you shared some of them such as engine power...). 12h is amazing time to reach success...Very impressive...
 
12hrs with half the power? Sounds like BS.

Well, if you say so. 👍 Don't forget that it rains for most of the race usually, the AI slows to a crawl whereas in the X2010 on RSS you speed is barely affected at all. Believe me or not, I care not. I know that's how I did it, your opinion is about as important to me as the colour of my nasal hair. :)

vcx
May you please give me setup for red bull (upgradings too) for 24h races (you shared some of them such as engine power...). 12h is amazing time to reach success...Very impressive...

I just gave you the setup I used, half engine power, max downforce.
 
Who used Minolta, TOYOTA GT1 and Chapparal in 24h? Are they also suitable for these races?
 
If you wish to be a better driver don't you think it will be best to pick a car with in the class instead of a car that out classes the others? If your a gamer then pick any car you wish, there's no reason to ask anyone which car would be best.
 
Well, if you say so. 👍 Don't forget that it rains for most of the race usually, the AI slows to a crawl whereas in the X2010 on RSS you speed is barely affected at all. Believe me or not, I care not. I know that's how I did it, your opinion is about as important to me as the colour of my nasal hair. :)

For me it rained like the last 4-5 hours. The AI did 170 laps or so.

12h = 720 min/170 laps = 4 minutes per lap. I know the best laps on the old Nurburgring are like 3:20 with full power, so let's lay 4:00 laps on the 24h Nur are posible, with full power and full grip.

That is if you were not pitting in, and the tires stayed on mint condition, which I doubt, X1 is a tire eater, and I'd say you would wave to pit in every 4 or 5 laps, every pit would last about 1 min. So you would have to make Sub 3:50 laps on the full circuit constantly to account for the time lost in pits, and not spin a single time in 12 hours.

BS.
 
If you wish to be a better driver don't you think it will be best to pick a car with in the class instead of a car that out classes the others? If your a gamer then pick any car you wish, there's no reason to ask anyone which car would be best.

I'm a gamer don't worry, but as you know that 24h race takes too much time. And I don't want to say after 6 hours later "Damn, I choosed wrong car" that's why asking. Whatever.
 
For me it rained like the last 4-5 hours. The AI did 170 laps or so.

12h = 720 min/170 laps = 4 minutes per lap. I know the best laps on the old Nurburgring are like 3:20 with full power, so let's lay 4:00 laps on the 24h Nur are posible, with full power and full grip.

That is if you were not pitting in, and the tires stayed on mint condition, which I doubt, X1 is a tire eater, and I'd say you would wave to pit in every 4 or 5 laps, every pit would last about 1 min. So you would have to make Sub 3:50 laps on the full circuit constantly to account for the time lost in pits, and not spin a single time in 12 hours.

BS.

Sorry, did I already say I didn't care what your opinion was? Thought so.

BS? I have no reason to lie whatsoever, I will not engage you any further in this conversation as you obviously know better and it is off topic.
 
If you wish to be a better driver don't you think it will be best to pick a car with in the class instead of a car that out classes the others? If your a gamer then pick any car you wish, there's no reason to ask anyone which car would be best.

Exactly what is the point here? To express your disapproval of anybody who doesn't play the game like you do?

Duly noted.

However, those who don't play the same as you still have the right to post questions in this forum.
 
vcx
I'm a gamer don't worry, but as you know that 24h race takes too much time. And I don't want to say after 6 hours later "Damn, I choosed wrong car" that's why asking. Whatever.

Then go with the 787B, it's a well balanced car as long you don't over drive the car.

Exactly what is the point here? To express your disapproval of anybody who doesn't play the game like you do?

Duly noted.

However, those who don't play the same as you still have the right to post questions in this forum.

I'm not here to judge anyone, though it seems you are. I asked a question and I got a answer. Now if you think by me asking what I asked is judging someone or thinking they should do I as do. Then you got bigger trouble..
 
What I do in these situations is to pick a car and try it in the 24h race. Go around 10 or 15 laps. Feel it out. If I think its the wrong car, I'll quit and try another car. Simple. Prolly faster than asking in a forum.
 
Back