Nürburgring 24h live updates

• Thread starter FWA2500
  • 14 comments
United States
KOXD
i have decided to take on the 24 hour race at the 'ring.....ill use this thread to post live updates as i go on:

lap 1-14: i easilly made it to first possition, dispite screwing up and spinning out in that chicane at the top on the hill, on lap one in A-spec while in my C60...great start to the race, lapped the tail guy on lap 4 then pitted and switched to b-spec. at lap 13 i lapped the guy in #2 possition and am proceding to dominate with pace on "3"....more later, will post update tomorrow before school, after school and on to the end of the race wich will be around 8:30 EST...

stay tuned! :sly:

edit: might want to tell you what the other cars are:

C-West razo Silvia
Super Autobacs apex MR-S
AMG 190 Evol touring car
Opel Calibra touring car
Falken GT-R race car

fastest lap so far: 6'02.279

To be honest I don't see the point of using a car that overkills that much. You still have to race 24 hours, no matter how fast you are.

Edit: And even with B-spec you dont need to have a car that fast imo.

morning update, laps 15-97:
i am now 16 laps ahead of P2 which in turn is just now lapping P3 again. with 10+ hours down now and 14 to go, my fastest laptime still stands

ya, it is a bit of overkill, but i wanted assurance on gettin gan F1 car ;) im a huge F1 fan and i never got one in GT3 (was after the one modeled liked the one Senna was killed in, im a Senna fan) because my disk somehow corupted.....will post an update after school (around 2:45-3ish EST) and more through out the afternoon and evening to the end of the race.

laps 97-180: lap 180 complete (in A-Spec) now after 19 hours with the fastest lap now being 5'58.445..........the silvia is still dead last and has been lapped by everyone multiple time

180-232: finally it is over and i have my F1 car (the white one)...final time was 24:00'03.426......i waited by the start line seeing as i would have passed 5 seconds before 24h was up.......my fastest lap still stands as posted.

man am i glad thats over..... ;)

Well done! Kudos for you!

How many laps did you end up completing?

FWA2500
180-232: finally it is over and i have my F1 car (the white one)...final time was 24:00'03.426......i waited by the start line seeing as i would have passed 5 seconds before 24h was up.......my fastest lap still stands as posted.

man am i glad thats over..... ;)

i did this with a stock castrol toms supra 01'. My B-spec driver would only lap aobut a second or so faster than the second place ABT Audi TT DTM car, but i was aobut a another 15 to 20 seconda faster. Done 198 laps, fastest somewhere around 6-30 to 6-45 fastest lap, cant quite remember. Won by 3 laps, lapped the TT for the 3rd time down the main straight last lap. Must of done about 70-80 laps myself

foghorn_100
Well done! Kudos for you!

How many laps did you end up completing?
He said 232 laps.

How many times did you lap 1st place?

And congratulations on completing it! :D

foghorn_100
I did 225, solo effort, no b-spec no other humans :)
I can't be bothered to do all a-spec. Well done for that.

Are you going to do all the game in a-spec? You'll get lots of credit here for doing that.

Sjenk
To be honest I don't see the point of using a car that overkills that much. You still have to race 24 hours, no matter how fast you are.

Edit: And even with B-spec you dont need to have a car that fast imo.

If you're gonna win, may as well crush 'em.

Yeah I intend to complete the game a-spec. My son uses b-spec when he visits and his guy could probably breeze through this race and most of the others. i guess tha thought that my ten year old who is not the most skilled driver could complete the task easily made me feel that I would be missing out on something if i didnt drive the cars myself. No race or series poses a particular logistical problem for driving a-spec. b-spec would be handy for those who are impatient to finish the game, but as anyone can win this game b-spec I decided to do better.

G.T
I can't be bothered to do all a-spec. Well done for that.

Are you going to do all the game in a-spec? You'll get lots of credit here for doing that.

i just dont have the time to do it all in a-spec though i do prefere it over b-spec...im a sophmore in high school and nearing the end of the year im still working on a couple projects (and evolution project in biology and a speach for english, for example)

to break in the F1 i did the super speedway 150 (yuck! i hate ovals!) and won easilly lapping the minolta lemans prototype in 2nd place.......43 some minutes......

next endurance race: 24h du Le Mans (should i use the C60, the Vertigo, the F1, or the Mercedes AMG CLK GTR? <-i really hate those three three letter words in a row...lol)

in the mean time ill try again at finally totally dominating in NYC in the supercars series....thats the only one holding me back from all golds and access to the championship.....

Back