N00b advice - curbs

• Thread starter Barcelonic
  • 5 comments
Barcelonic
Im new to course-making but i noticed they've updated it to include camber which is soo much better.

but what it seems to be missing is a script which actually p[laces curbs at appropriate places on Circuit courses.

i made one just now and only one corner has curbs and the other curbs are only on long straight stretches where there's no need for them lol

is this just how it is or can you keep respawning/test drive until you end up with curbs in good places?

Actually, that is partly incorrect.

Playing with the corner sharpness and section difficulty can move the "curbs" around to where you need them. It can also put them in corners that do not have them. This doesn't always work, but it can be done. I would advise making one change at a time, testing, making another change, testing again, etc. Takes a lot of time (I can spend up to 4 hours on a single track) but it's worth it.

Check out some of my tracks to see some of the best. :) (link in sig)

Actually, that is partly incorrect.

Playing with the corner sharpness and section difficulty can move the "curbs" around to where you need them. It can also put them in corners that do not have them. This doesn't always work, but it can be done. I would advise making one change at a time, testing, making another change, testing again, etc. Takes a lot of time (I can spend up to 4 hours on a single track) but it's worth it.

Check out some of my tracks to see some of the best. :) (link in sig)

thanks a breath of fresh air lol

good to know something can be done, although if PD ever read this thread then maybe they should consider a script for this in the next update - would be a nice little improvement

:)

Back