N200 Ferrari Dino at Dragon Trail Premium Sports Lounge (Video)

• Thread starter daan
  • 81 comments
Guys, this thread isn't about Gr2 anywhere. Lets keep it to the Premium Sports Lounge.

Sorry Daan my fault .
By the way in Premium Sports Lounge Tokyo can be won with the Mazda RX500 , maximum hp light weight while staying in the N300 class .
Perhaps with the Dino at Tokyo upgraded to maxi N300 could also be a winner didn't tried it yet thought .

Last edited:
I did try Tokyo in the N200 Dino but it wasn't a great success. Made up about 8 places but was dropping back from the leader and ended up more than a minute down. I can't remember how I won it before but I suspect it was an N300 GT40 as that was my go to grinding car.

I did try Tokyo in the N200 Dino but it wasn't a great success. Made up about 8 places but was dropping back from the leader and ended up more than a minute down. I can't remember how I won it before but I suspect it was an N300 GT40 as that was my go to grinding car.
Yes with the GT40 there seems to be no problem to win it as it has the speed that is needed .
Gonna give it a go this evening with the Dino upgraded to N300 and see where we end up .

Last night I tried Tokyo a few times in the RX500 at N200. P2 and about 8s behind was my best effort. With a good tune, the right grid and a perfect run I think it might be possible. Minimum ride height gives a bit more top speed but the handling suffers. I hit 174 mph with a tow and actually passed a couple of cars on the straight.
The Supra is still not eligible. Thought they might have fixed that in the update.

The Stratos is good at N200. I just did DT and Maggiore very easily. Just weight, power and tyres, didn't have to touch the gearbox. Paid for itself in two races - Bargain.
Ok done it first with light weight Hp 249 race tyres soft 17seconds over when the race was done , so I went for step 2 with race tyres normal or medium instead of soft standard weight and 249 Hp still 7 seconds over by the end of the race .
I thought now we are on it lets go deeper and race in to the future with step 3 , so race tyres normal/medium standard weight but now with only 239 Hp and of we go to the end of the race with .....16 seconds over :crazy: scratching my head because with step 2 configuration I had only 7 seconds over I thought this could mean only one thing that is the start grid positions of the AI race cars , in this case it was Veyron on 1 F40 on 2 and 0.77 or something on 3 .
Now we are going for step 4 with standard weight race tyres on normal/medium and HP on 229 hoping not having the the AI race of step 2 .
If you didn't noticed I love step dancing by the way .

Step 4 nops still 15 seconds over , by the way 405.000 is not bad when done clean .
Step 5 standard weight 218 Hp race tyres with medium still 11 seconds in my pocket left after the race so .....
We go to step 6 with 208 Hp standard weight and race those bloody tyres on medium if you want to .
We are getting closer and also curious where this adventure in HP will end sooner or later .

general rule on dragon trail, increase the natural fequency to as much as possible (sounds crazy) lower so its about 1 or 2 inches form bottoming out
and front anti roll bar to about 8/9 and read in mid engine car to 3-4-5 up to preference. I found these settings generally universal and then i leave or stiffen the bump and dampening. I drive mainly mid engine cars in most games and if you blip when shifting manually these settings work best for me.
i use g29 so it may vary with the wheels setup as well.

O dear o dear ...... I think that the La Ferrari was mad and in the same time angry at me :D

Going for step 6 with 208 Hp I had the la Bella Ferrari in my race and on top of that he could start from the first place on the starting grid .
I said to myself my boy this gonna be very hot hot hot soap .
As the race went on and on I came relative fast to the second place ( in lap 7 to be correct ) I saw the man painted in red driving in front of me lap 8 came and I got closer , by the night lap we where dancing like no other ever could do and luckily until that point there where no kisses of love going on between us .
10 lap is another story because I got the hot pans feeling that I couldn't win and was not in the mood to lose all that money so ......:D...... a man got to do what he has to do meaning diiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :mischievous: rrrrrrrrrty driving :embarrassed: I won the race but lost the clean race bonus .

Now here comes the fun part in RACE 2 o dear do not be feared for the battle that will come near .

And look who was back in my second race yes Mister La Ferrari but now starting from the 3 place on the grid , ok perhaps there could be lying a opportunity for me to win this one without dirty driving from my part and on top of that also collecting a clean race within , who will tell .
Race started as usually passing al the amazing fast faster fasted AI cars until that moment I came in lap 7 and there he was the one and only La Ferrari back in front of me :mischievous: o dear not again .
From lap 7 I will leave the story as it was until that point , the rest of the race you can see in all his glory how it went on for ........

O dear o dear ...... I think that the La Ferrari was mad and in the same time angry at me :D

Going for step 6 with 208 Hp I had the la Bella Ferrari in my race and on top of that he could start from the first place on the starting grid .
I said to myself my boy this gonna be very hot hot hot soap .
As the race went on and on I came relative fast to the second place ( in lap 7 to be correct ) I saw the man painted in red driving in front of me lap 8 came and I got closer , by the night lap we where dancing like no other ever could do and luckily until that point there where no kisses of love going on between us .
10 lap is another story because I got the hot pans feeling that I couldn't win and was not in the mood to lose all that money so ......:D...... a man got to do what he has to do meaning diiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :mischievous: rrrrrrrrrty driving :embarrassed: I won the race but lost the clean race bonus .

Now here comes the fun part in RACE 2 o dear do not be feared for the battle that will come near .

And look who was back in my second race yes Mister La Ferrari but now starting from the 3 place on the grid , ok perhaps there could be lying a opportunity for me to win this one without dirty driving from my part and on top of that also collecting a clean race within , who will tell .
Race started as usually passing al the amazing fast faster fasted AI cars until that moment I came in lap 7 and there he was the one and only La Ferrari back in front of me :mischievous: o dear not again .
From lap 7 I will leave the story as it was until that point , the rest of the race you can see in all his glory how it went on for ........

Well done! I was surprised to see you get the clean race bonus though. I thought the first incident with the red devil where you went off would have scuppered it. I'm still not very clear on the rules. Off track ok as long as it's not a short-cut? Forced bump-drafting from the car behind?
I've only ever got the bonus when it's been completely clean, and if I think I've blown it I just drive it like I stole it for the rest of the race so I never know which particular incidents caused it.

I tried St Croix tonight and won it first go, not clean but only because of a few mess-ups. I didn't need to block or get pushy. That was with full power but stock gearbox still. I haven't used the Mazda much so I can't really compare, but I think the Stratos is the best of the rest at least.

Well done! I was surprised to see you get the clean race bonus though. I thought the first incident with the red devil where you went off would have scuppered it. I'm still not very clear on the rules. Off track ok as long as it's not a short-cut? Forced bump-drafting from the car behind?
I've only ever got the bonus when it's been completely clean, and if I think I've blown it I just drive it like I stole it for the rest of the race so I never know which particular incidents caused it.

I tried St Croix tonight and won it first go, not clean but only because of a few mess-ups. I didn't need to block or get pushy. That was with full power but stock gearbox still. I haven't used the Mazda much so I can't really compare, but I think the Stratos is the best of the rest at least.
Yes sometimes in a race I'm also surprised when I get a clean race bonus also the contrary counts when I don't get a clean race bonus thinking hmmmm here I had to have a bonus but haven got it .
But hey this is GT Sport so I've learned that right can be wrong and wrong can be right .
for the red devil you can see he was driving in to me :irked: luckily my car went in the good direction so I thought don't give up yet and it worked .
Forgot if it is possible to do the race with the BMW M3 N200 class will give it a try love that car .

Last edited:
It is ok with the BMW M3 at Maggiore , set up 248 Hp weight light and for the tyres I used the Race normal alias mediums .
First attempt was good for a second place second attempt I tried with the soft instead of medium and had 7 seconds over so I went back to normal/medium and won the race but not clean yet .

The good news is the '19 Supra is now eligible. The bad news is it won't go down to N200 and it's not all that good at N300. Stock except the tyres I only just managed a win at DT and had to block for that.

The AI driver in the LaFerrari at Dragon Trail in the Premium Sports lounge is an arsehole.

A new N200 Challenger has appeared.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191219162133.jpg

I just gave it a go on Dragon trail (N200, minimum weight, usual RS on rear RH on fronts) and it's lovely. I didn't win as I got a rabbit of a Veyron but it was a nice drive and the win will come.

Clean win with the Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS '95 with the N200 tune at the Dragon Trail Seaside track:

49250557211_bdc4285460_k.jpg

Beat the LaFerrari by 0.122 seconds:eek::nervous:

49250088578_b80f4b31df_k.jpg

Took me three races before I was able to cleanly beat the LaFerrari:banghead:
Actually, the race wasn't completely clean since I had two small rubs with the highly erratic LaFerrari, however I guess the game considered the rubs the LaFerrari's fault so I didn't get penalized.:)
I also raced against another lineup that had the McLaren F1 '94 on pole, but switched to the above lineup after only achieving a third place finish.:(
@daan the Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS is an handful:eek:, but is certainly fast enough to win at DTS.
:cheers:

Last edited:

I've noticed that 'bumps' in a straight line or passing on the inside are less likely to kill a clean race than 'bumps' when passing on the outside.

Using the Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS in N200 tune at Saint Croix, I got beaten by the McLaren F1 '94, who just nipped me at the FL by 0.008 seconds:(:grumpy: and the Veyron was coming on strong up along side me:nervous:

49259126486_00084c91eb_k.jpg

Three wide at the Finish line:

49258648103_441d1d7008_k.jpg

Scoring screen at Finish line showing that I lost by 0.008 seconds:grumpy:

49258600768_572ed6348b_k.jpg

I tried a second race and didn't get a clean win, so I switched lineups and ran against the LaFerrari and the Enzo and was able to get a clean win over them at St Croix on my second attempt::)

49259386996_3e1d989506_k.jpg

Scoring screen:

49259581347_dd885d6886_k.jpg

The LaFerrari can't find a way to get past me at the FL::sly:

49259610597_33440fdec2_k.jpg

I also took the Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS to Lake Maggiore and was able to get a clean win with the N200 tune:

49258352383_71e8acf96b_k.jpg

Small lead at the FL of 0.767 over the fast closing LaFerrari::nervous:

49258356768_3350c570ca_k.jpg

Good fun!
:cheers:

Back