NA GT5P-Where's the Publicity?

  • Thread starter Thread starter superwally
  • 29 comments
  • 1,902 views
Messages
1,291
United States
Vermont, USA
Messages
GTP_Superwally, supahwally
Is this game being deliberately under-marketed? Haven't seen a commercial, or even a freaking sign in the stores, and no demo to play anywhere. The UK release carried far more fanfare-I wanted my shot at one of the GT helmets, dammit.

I understand PD's concern about confusing this region, but a little promotion in specific markets,like a commercial here and there on Speed Channel, how bad could that have been? The game is a system seller even as a Prologue.

Please correct me if I missed anything, has anyone seen any promotion for this game?
 
Nothing here. Then again, I haven't even seen a commercial for the PS3 itself!
 
Is this game being deliberately under-marketed? Haven't seen a commercial, or even a freaking sign in the stores, and no demo to play anywhere. The UK release carried far more fanfare-I wanted my shot at one of the GT helmets, dammit.

I understand PD's concern about confusing this region, but a little promotion in specific markets,like a commercial here and there on Speed Channel, how bad could that have been? The game is a system seller even as a Prologue.

Please correct me if I missed anything, has anyone seen any promotion for this game?

I was about to post the same thread... I'm not feelin' the love, SONY! I've been playing Japanese version for 3 months so the 'release' seems anti -climactic but I'm still buying US version.
 
I called in at Future Shop and they're telling me it will be available on April 17th, however on the website it says 15th on some images, and 17th on others... what do I believe?

From what I can see they haven't even given us an official release date, I know on the Sony site it says the 17th, but then what is all this rubbish on FS.com?
 
I think the European market is generally thought to be more geared towards a simulation racing game such as GT5P
 
Just wondering why there has been nothing about the NA release in the News section of GTPlanet. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?? Jordan?

Is it because everything was basicaly already covered under the News for the PAL release?
 
Just wondering why there has been nothing about the NA release in the News section of GTPlanet. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?? Jordan?
He's probably a bit busy playing it himself.
 
It does seem odd that PD/Sony don't seem to care/like the NA market. This is the first time the NA market has been given a Prologue/Concept version from the GT series and yet they aren't shouting about does seem very strange.

What's up PD, don't you like American's? :(
 
I don't think its weird at all. This game was made to tithe over the hardcore Gran Turismo fans. The average customer would probably look at it and say "Double you tee eff!? $40 for a DEMO!? Oh emm gee! What a ripoff!" And if you look at most of the non-Gran Turismo forums out there, thats exactly what people are saying. Sony should save their money for the GT5 marketing campaign and make it that much bigger.
 
Sony should save their money for the GT5 marketing campaign and make it that much bigger.

I was thinking something similar to that only along the lines of PD and there time. I'm afraid there gonna spend too much time on GT5P and the updates that GT5 itself is gonna be pushed back.

But then again everything developed for GT5P will obviously be put to use in GT5, so maybe i'm just talking out my @ss.
 
Well, isn't it obvious, NA doesn't have any racing history worth mentioning (except for the occational oval thing (great crashes), races that are part of the Le mans series and the occational visit from F1, the mother of all racing series).
 
We were invited to ship our Corvette over to London for the GT5P lauch party, but it fell through due to the costs, but there was no discussion of any launch events here in the us........
 
Well, isn't it obvious, NA doesn't have any racing history worth mentioning (except for the occational oval thing (great crashes), races that are part of the Le mans series and the occational visit from F1, the mother of all racing series).

Umm ok.. last I checked NA had quite a bit of racing history, but even if we didn't, the Gran Turismo series is always one of the top selling Playstation games here.
 
Umm ok.. last I checked NA had quite a bit of racing history, but even if we didn't, the Gran Turismo series is always one of the top selling Playstation games here.
Fair enough, but how many PS games are being sold in NA? I do not know the figures, but somehow I've got the feeling that the Playstation is not that hot in NA (i.e. USA + Canada). Make me a happy puppy and prove me wrong.
 
everyone who needs to know about it does and those who dont will not. Whats it matter. You wont see a GT5 commercial during CSI. but if you watch the horrible G4TV youll prolly see one if there is one.

IMHO just save the marketing money on the actual full game.
 
Fair enough, but how many PS games are being sold in NA? I do not know the figures, but somehow I've got the feeling that the Playstation is not that hot in NA (i.e. USA + Canada). Make me a happy puppy and prove me wrong.

If that is anyone's fault, i would guess it's sony's.
 
@slicecom
A bit off topic, I see you are from Canada. I was at Zolder Belgium not long ago and saw the monument for Gilles Villeneuves, the Quebecian racer who died there. That moment made quite an impression.
 
Because they are obviously not doing a good job enticing the North American consumers to purchase their products. I myself am very satisfyed with sony, I love the PS3, and many games for the platform.
 
If I had the answer, Sony could pay me big time. I don't and Sony also has no clue. The NA market is very difficult to breach for any non-NA company. Why do you think all those foreign companies (japanese and european) are taking-over all your companies? It is just because to find a way in.
 
Good grief, I'm trying to get to bed here! And then, and then they are going to make a big profit.

btw, I'm not cheating, I'm just that incredibly talented driver (ahum)
 
Good grief, I'm trying to get to bed here! And then, and then they are going to make a big profit.

btw, I'm not cheating, I'm just that incredibly talented driver (ahum)

I thought maybe there was a plot to take over the world or something. :)
 
Well in toronto, all i see of GT5 prologue is from the flyers....other than that, i havent seen another type of advertisement of it.
 
It's because we're beta testers. :)

PD doesn't want to push this game and turn people off. Most of us here are well informed enough to know that this game is a work in progress. We also love the graphics+physics enough to overlook the issues.

I think they may push this game if they do the damage update in the fall and the online options update.
 
why advertise a demo like game... fans know its out anyways, we've only been waiting since GT4 came out.
 
why advertise a demo like game... fans know its out anyways, we've only been waiting since GT4 came out.

To increase sales, unless of course the cost of advertising outweighs how much they want to profit in sales. And this seems to be the case. I was just curious why there has been no news on GTPlanet.

It's because we're beta testers. :)

PD doesn't want to push this game and turn people off. Most of us here are well informed enough to know that this game is a work in progress. We also love the graphics+physics enough to overlook the issues.

I think they may push this game if they do the damage update in the fall and the online options update.

I see what your saying, but why would PD of all gaming developers want to make a game that turns people off? :)
 
Well I was in Best Buy yesterday and there was a large Prologue sign prominently displayed in the front of the video game section.

Plus, every Playstation ad on TV (the ones with the morphing PS3) has shown Prologue footage. I think the advertising is just getting imbedded into the PS3 advertising.

Then when you figure how many general gaming sites make demo comments I imagine they are figuring it may not be worth the money.
 
To increase sales, unless of course the cost of advertising outweighs how much they want to profit in sales. And this seems to be the case. I was just curious why there has been no news on GTPlanet.


x2. I was suprized when GT5P released in NA not to find any news on gtplanet :nervous:
 
Back