• change it to 9:00 PM Eastern / 6:00 PM Pacific / 1:00 AM GMT

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • change it to 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • change it to 7:00 PM Eastern / 4:00 PM Pacific / 11:00 PM GMT

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Non na members should not participate as they have their own race and they would skew the results unfairly...as I noted on the convo I prefer two races on Saturday

but as I noted in the poll convo this is about NA.... you already have tour own race... you are a greedy Brit.... :lol:
BigGrin.gif

And what do you NA guys think about voting every week?
Stating your vote in the comment box of the google doc while you register.
Of course you can post your vote in that weeks thread too if you want.

works for me because then you can plan your week. 7 or 8 eastern is too early for me.

I actually joined WRS because I personally could do all three because the NA race was at 9 Central and was very well attended. Perhaps the Stewards (or rather we need a membership steward(s)) should chase down the people who left and send them a re-introduction package. Its easier to re energize an old customer than to get a new one who may not even end up racing at all. Of course you could require that TTers who do not race,race on a determined frequency...right now they are not contributing anything to the race side (of course all the racers except me are TTers :boggled:). We are unbalanced and that needs to stop or we vanish...

The problem is not the time, its the lack of drivers which is caused, at least partially, by the racers in the WRS being the fastest drivers to survive over the years, which has resulted in a reputation of the WRS being FAST and elitist, (which is deserved and unfortunate from an uninformed point of view) and results in scaring off potential new drivers, and even those who have joined. Add to that the obscure combos which are slanted to TT vs racing and new guys vanish quickly. We are missing the real problem here...the survival of the WRS.

IMHO we need to create a number of race series that will attract new drivers, who, if they like the racing, will join. With three weekly or monthly series, properly promoted, with real race cars on real race circuits, we will give our members something to look forward to and at the same time attract new members. People are screaming for fair racing...someplace where you can actually go two or three deep into a corner and KNOW that no one will have you off out of spite or pure idiocy! Some Series can be for fun, some deadly serious. Good grief lets redo the one off races from GT6, the work has been done already.

When a "for fun" group of guys at the ring out draw the WRS regular races consistently, there is a problem. The "Rats" have never had less than 6 and twice have had 15 and we are unaffiliated (well if truth be told almost every one of us is a WRS member 👍) and do not usually do any promotion (like posting a separate thread for a specific race).

Sorry for the long post.....moving the time to a more convenient time slot to increase attendance is a GREAT idea and will result in more actual racing but the Elephant in the room is a total lack of membership growth, and the disappearance of our membership base . Something needs to be done.....soon. I personally do not want this great group of guys to vanish to Assetto Corsa or PC2. It would be a huge loss. I volunteer to help in ANY way at any time. Remember time is all I have as I am trapped in an equestrian nirvana and I don't ride.:crazy:

works for me because then you can plan your week. 7 or 8 eastern is too early for me.

I actually joined WRS because I personally could do all three because the NA race was at 9 Central and was very well attended. Perhaps the Stewards (or rather we need a membership steward(s)) should chase down the people who left and send them a re-introduction package. Its easier to re energize an old customer than to get a new one who may not even end up racing at all. Of course you could require that TTers who do not race,race on a determined frequency...right now they are not contributing anything to the race side (of course all the racers except me are TTers :boggled:). We are unbalanced and that needs to stop or we vanish...

The problem is not the time, its the lack of drivers which is caused, at least partially, by the racers in the WRS being the fastest drivers to survive over the years, which has resulted in a reputation of the WRS being FAST and elitist, (which is deserved and unfortunate from an uninformed point of view) and results in scaring off potential new drivers, and even those who have joined. Add to that the obscure combos which are slanted to TT vs racing and new guys vanish quickly. We are missing the real problem here...the survival of the WRS.

IMHO we need to create a number of race series that will attract new drivers, who, if they like the racing, will join. With three weekly or monthly series, properly promoted, with real race cars on real race circuits, we will give our members something to look forward to and at the same time attract new members. People are screaming for fair racing...someplace where you can actually go two or three deep into a corner and KNOW that no one will have you off out of spite or pure idiocy! Some Series can be for fun, some deadly serious. Good grief lets redo the one off races from GT6, the work has been done already.

When a "for fun" group of guys at the ring out draw the WRS regular races consistently, there is a problem. The "Rats" have never had less than 6 and twice have had 15 and we are unaffiliated (well if truth be told almost every one of us is a WRS member 👍) and do not usually do any promotion (like posting a separate thread for a specific race).

Sorry for the long post.....moving the time to a more convenient time slot to increase attendance is a GREAT idea and will result in more actual racing but the Elephant in the room is a total lack of membership growth, and the disappearance of our membership base . Something needs to be done.....soon. I personally do not want this great group of guys to vanish to Assetto Corsa or PC2. It would be a huge loss. I volunteer to help in ANY way at any time. Remember time is all I have as I am trapped in an equestrian nirvana and I don't ride.:crazy:

I agree with all that has been stated above. I was originally thinking it was a Summer thing and people not having as much time. I know that is the case with me. Summer = 1 to 1.5 hours a week vs. 3-4 hours a week for GTSport during the Winter.

We need to try something different...

Back