Name shame and boot

  • Thread starter Thread starter celticfc
  • 20 comments
  • 1,192 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
48
Messages
polaristic
I'm getting sick of the a-holes who join online races and ultimately put more effort into wrecking other people than actually racing. I have experienced everything from running the wrong way to deliberately sitting and waiting for a car to come by just so that they can ram them. I think it may help if we have an ongoing list of the PSN ids so that eventually they will become well enough known to the online hosts and racers that they can be instantly bumped from a race. I realize that this will not be the ideal fix but it will be a start. If they get bumped enough then maybe they will get the message and grow up or alternatively they can go an play with themselves when mommy is not looking. Let me now if anyone has any ideas or if in fact this has been tried and failed. I can't imagine that I am the only one to have suggested this as a potential solution.

Thanks
 
Good luck with that...there are way too many people that do that to become "familiar" with all of them.
 
Dude, not sure if this will actually be allowed, maybe but maybe not.

I agree with you 100%, but it was the same in GT5 prologue aswell.

Best advice I can give you is look in the Online sub section of this forum, maybe even put an advert in there for likeminded people. Look for a race you like or just try a few out, these races will have much fairer and cleaner drivers in them compared to the people you will meet online in a random or general lobby.

Good luck amigo 👍
 
Just create private lobbies with your friends - if they're a bit lacking there are loads of people from this site you can hook up with who will race clean and consistent. Just check the online racing section.

Public lobbies are generally a wreckfest in my experience.
 
I agree that it would not be an easy task given the volume of people that log online, however, a forum such as this is so wide reaching that it could have an effect. Given the technology available it should be possible to develop a ranking system to identify the prolific offenders and put their id's front and center so that they are readily available. Like I said in my first post, I am sure I'm not the first to suggest this but with the help of this Forum's Administrators it should be doable. Thanks for the feedback so far.

I should probably ask to have this moved to the on-line forum but not sure how to go about it, if anyone can advise i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
 
name and shame threads will get closed by moderators unfortunately
 
I'm getting sick of the a-holes who join online races and ultimately put more effort into wrecking other people than actually racing. I have experienced everything from running the wrong way to deliberately sitting and waiting for a car to come by just so that they can ram them. I think it may help if we have an ongoing list of the PSN ids so that eventually they will become well enough known to the online hosts and racers that they can be instantly bumped from a race. I realize that this will not be the ideal fix but it will be a start. If they get bumped enough then maybe they will get the message and grow up or alternatively they can go an play with themselves when mommy is not looking. Let me now if anyone has any ideas or if in fact this has been tried and failed. I can't imagine that I am the only one to have suggested this as a potential solution.

Thanks
I'm writing down your name right now to wreck you for crying!
 
I was just trying to hug you. With a car.
 
Lag plays a very large role in guys being taken out. There are a few guys I race with that are very clean racers, but at times lag happens and they appear very dirty. It goes both ways.
 
Celtic fans love to moan. :P
 
Celtic fans love to moan. :P

Ah but the Rangers fans cannae stand it when they get beat so most likely the guys to blame are all Rangers fans.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I was just trying to hug you. With a car.

Let me guess, California, your gay, that would explain the attempted and unwanted hug.
 
Lag plays a very large role in guys being taken out. There are a few guys I race with that are very clean racers, but at times lag happens and they appear very dirty. It goes both ways.

You cant tell me people are lagging when theyre going the wrong way around a bloody circuit...
 
I hardly ever enter a room if it doesn't have "CLEAN" in the title. Also you will have better luck if it's a host fixed room where it hasn't been taken over by a host that doesn't care. Also just make buddies when you play. I'm almost always racing with a friend and if someone starts that crap we team up on them until they get bored of being stuck against a wall. I'll give you guys a helpful hint.... If you are heavier then they are and all wheel drive, then you win almost every time in a collision. So just team up with your buddies, push them to a wall that is on grass, and laugh your butt off when they can't move.
 
Lag plays a very large role in guys being taken out. There are a few guys I race with that are very clean racers, but at times lag happens and they appear very dirty. It goes both ways.

Lag does not cause your car to drive in the wrong direction, nor does it cause you to sit and wait for an oncoming car and then suddenly spring to life and hit that car. Numpties are the cause of this and only they know why it happens.
 
I haven't played online in GT5 yet, but I do have experience with this in other online racing.

What if someone becomes so well known that they get booted from almost every online race they enter, but then decide to change and try to race well like everyone else? They've changed, but still aren't allowed in online races to prove they've changed. They try to say on forums much like this one, but nobody gives them a chance.

So because of stuff like this, I oppose "blacklists", and say, just give people a chance. If you see they're trying to wreck everyone instead of race, then boot them. Maybe give them a day or two to learn their lesson, and if they come back, give them another chance.

I hate to see people try to change for the better only to be ignored and not given a second chance.
 
I hardly ever enter a room if it doesn't have "CLEAN" in the title. Also you will have better luck if it's a host fixed room where it hasn't been taken over by a host that doesn't care. Also just make buddies when you play. I'm almost always racing with a friend and if someone starts that crap we team up on them until they get bored of being stuck against a wall. I'll give you guys a helpful hint.... If you are heavier then they are and all wheel drive, then you win almost every time in a collision. So just team up with your buddies, push them to a wall that is on grass, and laugh your butt off when they can't move.

Just plays into their little mindless games, the best bet as you stated is to boot them. The ideal would be to identify them, boot them and then add them to an online database with the worst offenders at the top of the list and eventually some time just before the Earth implodes and Gran Turismo 99 is released we will have weeded them all out.
 
We experimented with a "black list" of people in the days to GT5 Prologue. Although the initial intention - providing a better gameplay experience for users - was admirable, it simply got out of control. Threads like this can lead to a lot of bitching and infighting, and I for one am in no hurry to repeat the experience. I can see that there are half a dozen posts that are wildly off-topic already.

Thread closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back