Name your favorite youtuber musicianMusic 

• Thread starter ChloeSMV
  • 17 comments
Brazil
Brazil
Hello everyone. This thread is intended for us to share music and also to raise public awareness towards these awesome talented musicians we can find on youtube. So, name your favorite (and post at least one link to his/her channel, or others, such as a playlist), and have fun listening to the tunes.

I'll go first. My favorite musician/youtuber currently is Lindsey Stirling, and I don't see anyone that can outrank her as my favorite anytime soon. I was completely swept away by her beautiful songs, and I'm in awe everytime I listen to them. She easily outranked my three previous favorites (which includes "Boyce Avenue", *only* the "second most viewed" band on YouTube), and her talent with the violin is just, simply, amazing. She risks doing her own back vocals too, and she does pretty good at it as well.

I'll embed some of the videos on here. For more, check out her channel. The songs "Crystallize", "Elements", "Shadows", "Song of the Caged Bird", "Electric Daisy Violin", "Transcendence" and "Spontaneous Me" are all her original compositions.

Lindsey Stirling's YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/lindseystomp

Cheers, everyone! Have fun! XD

Last edited:
Aww dang it, I was going to put up Lindsey Sterling. I love her music, on how she can create almost anything so beautiful with the violin. She is stunningly beautiful herself too. :)

My other favorite youtube musicians are
Musicman1066
Killrbuckeye
FreshGalaxy
JustinShreds
krimh
zeldaxlove64

They are the only ones that I can think of right now that are in my top favorites. :)

key-of-awesome.jpg

I'm just gonna leave this here and leave now, m'kay?

Well, I like a few... All of Kurt Schnieders friends for starters... And Celeste Kellogg as well, she's got a great voice. Plus, I owe her xD

Tom Brier. He's a ragtime Pianist who covers Video Game music and site reads it too. Ragtime is perfect with game music.

Amazing stuff.

Check out more of his stuff. It's awesome!

meytalll -youtube. Meytal Cohen, she does drum covers.

PRIMUS!

Tool

Here is my friend, and he also taught me how to play the drums, Rob Jackson.
rodrumsnj -his page
valleymusiccenter - the page where he works

Madilyn Bailey - She does cover versions mainly, & has an awesome voice. :D

Well, this thread hasn’t seen any activity in a long time, but I feel it’s a good thread worth bringing back! :) One artist I can certainly list is:

Demun Jones
My dad used to listen to country music on Pandora a lot back in 2015 and somehow he ended up hearing country rap music, or what most people call “Hick Hop”, despite the station not really being about it. Eventually, I ended up getting into it myself, and years later I started looking them up on Youtube. Naturally, Demun Jones eventually showed up in my recommended feed in early 2019. Although I disliked his name (which I still do) when I saw his song “Lake House” I was intrigued and decided to listen to it. Right off the bat, I was very very impressed with the song and I loved it! Although I usually think about what I want to buy before I buy it, I didn’t have to think about this one, I knew I wanted it and I ended up buying it within minutes after initially listening to it and it’s a decision I still do not regret! :D

So I, of course, decided to look at his music more since “Lake House” impressed me so much and upon viewing his channel, he had “Feeling Good” automatically play on there. Within the first 4 seconds, I was already sold, but I listened to the rest to make sure, and unsurprisingly, I ended up loving it and bought it not too long after. Eventually, I stumbled upon “Backyard Lullaby” and while it didn’t interest me as much as the others did right away, I got to where I liked it more and more every time I listened to it and it became my favorite one from him. His song “Bronco” is another one I like and although I didn't get into it much at first and I don’t hold it in as high regard as the others, it’s still one I listen to from him.
Although I haven’t looked up his content in a while, he’s still someone I hold in pretty high regard and I am so glad I found him! He’s truly a good artist that I feel doesn’t get enough recognition and I have yet to hear a tune from him I dislike. I highly recommend checking him out!

And although this post is already pretty long, I have yet another I could list from as recent as last week.
Lindsey Stirling
In late 2019, my college class was practicing for a play and a teacher of mine had burned a CD with her version of “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy” on it and since I was the one managing the music, I obviously got to hear it plenty. Although I had no idea it was by Lindsey Stirling, I was quite impressed with it and it got to where I couldn’t wait to hear it every time. It was here I became fond of her, albeit unknowingly since I didn’t know the artist at the time and eventually I ripped the song to my computer just so I could listen to it more often. I tried to find her version on Youtube but had no luck since I didn’t know who the artist was at the time.

Fast forward to last week, I found an urge to listen to it again, so I did and I remembered I had a recording program with an algorithm that can identify most songs it records. I recorded a little bit of it so it can identify it and it was here I found out it was by Lindsey Stirling. So I looked her up just to verify and sure enough, it was her and upon watching her video for the song, I was thoroughly impressed with both the song and the video and only wanted to hear her even more afterward.
Despite me being primarily a country music fan, I can shamelessly relate to the OP on this one for sure. I have read a lot of comments from people (namely violinist) saying she isn’t a good violin player and maybe it’s because I am not a violin player, but I just don’t understand that and I don’t think she deserves the criticism she gets. From what I have seen of her so far, I think she’s very talented at what she does, extremely attractive, even if her look changes constantly and she’s easily the best artist I have stumbled upon in a while! I honestly wish I hadn’t read those comments now because it just fills my mind with a lot of unnecessary thoughts when I try to listen to her music.

Ironically, I looked her up here on GTP to see if anyone else listened to her and that was how I found this thread. So, you can say I’m here because of Lindsey Stirling! :)

Last edited:
Back