Napolean Dynamite

Messages
1,645
Saw this on saturday, can't say enough about it. It's incredibly low budget, but that doesn't stop it from being hilarious. Part of the reason it was so funny for me is that I could relate almost every character to a person that goes to my school. Like all movies it has its flaws, but I thought they were so few and far between that it didn't taint the movie at all. My only word of caution is this: if you can't stand slow paced movies, stay far away from this, because this is about as slow as you can get.
 
i saw it last nighjt, it was like a better version of dude whers my car )theyre both just completly stewpid and hillarous, but napolian was much more stewpid and much funnier
 
Yeah. um I didn't like it. It had its funny parts, but not nearly enough of them. I thought it stunk. 👎
 
menglan
Yeah. um I didn't like it. It had its funny parts, but not nearly enough of them. I thought it stunk. 👎
I agree. I like parts of movies that have no storyline whatsover (Pulp Fiction) but an entire movie with no plot? That bugged me. The only parts that I laughed my ass off were his Disco Dancing routine and when Uncle Rico threw a steak at Napolean. Most of the somewhat funny parts were shown in the commercial. Also, why did Napolean hat uncle Rico so much? Many Plotholes, IMO. The only movie I have seen this summer that was worse than this was the first hour of King Arthur... One of my friends said this was funnier than Anchorman and Dodgeball, and I sorely disagree...

👎👎
 
I saw it yesterday. I thought it was just OK. I forced myself to laugh on the parts that my two brothers thought were funny. There were probably only two or three things in the movie that made me laugh. I can't get into movies that don't have a plot or are about nothing. I wanna have something to follow.
 
Whoa, old thread! Better that than creating a whole new one though. 👍
 
I saw this movie twice, thought it was very funny. I think it's the kinda thing you either identify with or you don't, though, a few of my friends were left totally cold by parts that made me rotfl.
 
Back