NASCAR Advanced, how?

  • Thread starter Thread starter balang_479
  • 14 comments
  • 1,414 views
Messages
1,702
Messages
balang_479
I'm having some serious difficulty getting gold in these.... The stupid ASM is slowing me down in corners and i simply cannot get to the front without drafting, but there are massive gaps... how have people done these?

EDIT, this is for the one leaving the pits.
 
Bind a few buttons to R menu in controller options, start of the race turn off ASM (I use d-pad for R functions, not enough buttons on ma wheel)
 
Turn off ABS and that will remove ASM. Also any NASCAR challenge is much easier with a wheel. I got silver on this my very first time using a controller, and got gold the next time using my DFGT. My advice is let 4-5 cars pass and then jump into the pack. You should have enough speed to keep up with them, draft, and eventually pass them on the final lap.
 
Oh so you can turn it off during the race even your not allowed to turn it off in the driving options?
 
The answer is to turn off ALL the assists (including ABS). The assists 'drag' your tyres through the corners and really slow you down.

I golded these immediately using the pad - I actually found them much much easier than the Intermediate challenges.
 
Turn off ABS and that will remove ASM. Also any NASCAR challenge is much easier with a wheel. I got silver on this my very first time using a controller, and got gold the next time using my DFGT. My advice is let 4-5 cars pass and then jump into the pack. You should have enough speed to keep up with them, draft, and eventually pass them on the final lap.

I'm using a wheel, ill try with no ABS, but i dont see how that turns off ASM aswell
 
YES! ABS OFF also turns off the ASM, incredible!!! Got first within the first lap, cheers for the help guys.
 
Oh so you can turn it off during the race even your not allowed to turn it off in the driving options?

I missed this post when I replied a couple of posts ago...

We already know the Assists menus are bugged in SP in the same way as MP.

Even though they're apparently 'locked' in pre-race menus you can always alter the settings when on track.

With ASM at OFF and ABS set to 1 you'll see the warning triangle flashing when the Nascar goes through the banking, you'll hear the 'drag' and you'll see the speed drop. I can't explain the logic of that but that's how it is.

Turn 'em off, completely off :D
 
It's pretty stupid how it works that way, wish i knew it before for some of the licenses, but ive done them now.
 
can this be done without a wheel? IE using regular controller?
 
can this be done without a wheel? IE using regular controller?

As I said... I Golded the Nascar:Advanced immediately using a pad.

I'm not terribly well-skilled - and you DO have to be a little bit lucky with the pack at times (and smooth against the low line at others)
 
more great advice from GTP.
thanks dewds.
 
Just golded the second Advanced at Indy. The secret was to go to manual transmission. Downshifting in the corners kept the revs up, the AT didn't want to shift down for 'em.
 
i know for the ones where you start in the pit, if you cut onto the track sharply you can let the 2nd or 3rd place cars nail you, it will have you starting in 2nd place instead of dead last, for the drafting ones just be very smooth, you'll notice there's a car in the first pack that moves to the second pack, stay with that car around the first turn, draft the second pack on the back straight...possibly the next turn and then move onto the pack up front
 
Back