NASCAR Championship Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS_1182
  • 6 comments
  • 1,128 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
user27564
I'm about 8 races off of hitting level 23 where I can play the American Championship races. I have 2,000,000 cr. and I'm curious about the NASCAR championship that is in the Extreme A-Spec. It's the only one I've seen so far in the Extreme races (I'm level 22) that actually does have a championship, and those bonuses at the end of the series usually pay out very well.


BTW, does the American Championship actually have a cup with points also? What about the Dream Car Championship?


I've heard people complain about the way the NASCAR driving works in this game, so I wanted to ask, how difficult are these races? The cars are 500,000 cr., and I'm not sure that I want to dish that out. But if the pay off after the championship is quite a lot, it might not take long to earn it back. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to avoid grinding my way to 5,000,000 cr. and make the Formula GT take that much longer to acquire by playing the NASCAR event, or if I'll end up going crazy trying to save my money and grinding another 3,000,000 cr. out. Ugh.


Ideas? Opinions on the NASCAR races in this game?



thank you
 
Last edited:
Opinions on the NASCAR races in this game?

I might be doing something wrong, but the Daytona 10 laps race is very frustrating(the AI does not care if you're in the way). Also, did you try the J.Gordon NASCAR School?(for the NASCAR prize car)
 
Well finishing the NASCAR Special Events will get you a NASCAR to use in those events. So I wouldn't waste your money on buying one just practice up with Jeff Gordon :sly:
 
All of the NASCAR races were super easy for me and I am definitely not a professional GT5 player. I won first on all the races on my first try except for the daytona 500. I got spun out on the first turn and just quit. I was going to win the championship no matter what so it wasn't worth it to play that race anyways. It pays out something like 230,000 or so for winning the overall championship. Don't hold me to that though. I'm not positive.
 
Thanks for the replies!! I will definitely not be buying the car!
 
BROCKMARZULLO
All of the NASCAR races were super easy for me and I am definitely not a professional GT5 player. I won first on all the races on my first try except for the daytona 500


How did you manage to do them? what setup did you use??
 
for daytona just stay close to the yellow line on the leagal side, the other cars cant get under you and flip you around, they will start to edge past you around lap 8 but if you stick to your line you'll be fine

the nascars were the first cars i had to set-up due to the different types of track and virtully identical cars

the transmission changes being one of the main things you must do
 
Back